Bart

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Bart

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:57 am

On the face of it good news but it really changes very little other than we get a transfer fee for him which is much nearer to his true value, plus he doesn't walk for zilch in Twelve months time. I am not sure announcing what he could potentially be on a week is going to do much for squad harmony though.
Bartosz Bialkowski’s new Blues contract is reportedly worth £20,000-a-week, making him the highest-paid player at the club.

As reported yesterday following the 2-0 friendly defeat at Braintree, manager Paul Hurst said the club were getting closer to persuading the 31-year-old Polish international to stay at Portman Road.

We understand the three-year deal with the usual option for a further season is very near to being finalised and that the new contract could even be signed as soon as this week with Bialkowski back at Portman Road tomorrow following his post-World Cup break.

According to The Sun on Sunday, the contract is worth £20,000-a-week, which they claim would make him the best-paid player in Town’s history.

Although that figure certainly makes him the highest-paid member of the current squad - released striker David McGoldrick was previously the top earner with his deal understood to be worth a figure not too far off Bialkowski’s new terms - the likes of Matteo Sereni and Finidi George were paid more than £20,000-a-week back in the Blues’ Premier League days.

Town owner Marcus Evans has been forced to push the boat out to keep Bialkowski, who otherwise would have been out of contract next summer, in the wake of interest from Birmingham City, the Blues having rebuffed offers of £2.75 million and £3 million over the last fortnight.

Wages at the level of Bialkowski’s new Town deal will have been on offer at St Andrew’s, while the Blues have been anticipating further interest in the former Notts County and Southampton man from elsewhere.

The new deal is almost certainly a big leap on the contract which former manager Mick McCarthy prematurely announced had been agreed in January.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Bart

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 am

Agreed...... disclosing his wages isn’t a positive thing in any way at all.

But now that it’s (allegedly) known...... assuming the 20K a week actually means 20K a game...... that just shy of £1M for the season. He better get training on his “less than desired” aspects of his game.

Need to earn that cool MILL all round, Bartosz.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm

When the others have attracted interest from the Premiership and thus have a much higher value then they can come knocking on the door too. I don't think Hurst will have much patience for anyone feeling that it's unfair.

I would just leave that to him :-)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Sounds like the 20K is a load of paper tosh anyway.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm

own keeper Bartosz Bialkowski is delighted to have signed his new deal with the Blues and says it’s a “massive honour” to play for “this amazing football club”.

The 31-year-old put pen to paper on a three-year contract earlier today with Town having an option for a further season.

“I’m absolutely delighted, it’s been a long time, but thankfully it’s all signed and done and I’m really happy, my family’s happy and that’s the most important thing,” he told the club site.

“Honestly, it's a massive honour for me to play for this amazing football club. I'm very proud, my family is proud. I always wanted to stay and I said that so many times.”

Birmingham City made offers for the Polish international this summer, while Premier League Crystal Palace showed interest in January. However, the former Notts County and Southampton man says his head was never turned.

“Obviously everyone has got ambitions but you need to look at the bigger picture,” he reflected.

“This is a club where I feel very happy and at this moment in time I just wanted to stay here and I made it clear I wanted to sign a new long-term contract here.”

Bialkowski returned to the club following his post-World Cup break today and says he has spoken to new manager Paul Hurst on a couple of occasions: “I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

Despite not featuring for Poland at the World Cup and his side being eliminated after two games, Bialkowski says he will have great memories of the tournament.

“It was amazing, everything was top drawer, the atmosphere in Russia was absolutely incredible," he added.

"It was just a shame about our results. We didn’t want to finish playing not as good as we could but obviously we’ve been knocked out from the group stages so early and unfortunately we had to come back home.

“But as an experience it was absolutely incredible. Where does it rank in my career in terms of high points? Definitely top.”

The three-times-Player-of-the-Year putting pen to paper ends six months of uncertainty regarding his future.

In January, following the interest from Palace, former manager Mick McCarthy prematurely announced that a new contract had been agreed.

However, Bialkowski later confirmed that there were still aspects of those terms to be finalised and talks were continuing, although he had every intention of remaining with the Blues.

Town expected interest in the summer and the bids from Birmingham duly arrived, however, discussions regarding the new deal - a year longer than the January terms - were already under way with only minor aspects needing to be concluded upon his return to the club.

We understand weekend reports in the national press claiming the deal is worth £20,000 a week are a significant exaggeration, although Bialkowski has received a substantial pay rise and will now be one of the club’s top earners.

Bialkowski is expected to be in the squad which travels to East Grinstead Town's East Court tomorrow to face League Two Crawley Town, but Danish international left-back Jonas Knudsen, who was also at the World Cup, has been given a further week away.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:19 am
Agreed...... disclosing his wages isn’t a positive thing in any way at all.

But now that it’s (allegedly) known...... assuming the 20K a week actually means 20K a game...... that just shy of £1M for the season. He better get training on his “less than desired” aspects of his game.

Need to earn that cool MILL all round, Bartosz.
I think he did that the last two seadons keeping us in the championship

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 pm

Its essential the club maintains a player of that caliber. Turning away three million bids was a good move, he's arguably worth more than that.

With a new manager and ideas and new additions when time permits itself there should be a good opportunity to challenge from August and beyond.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Well here’s hoping that now he has a hefty pay rise and a lucrative contract for the next 3 years, that he is finally able to kick the ball up the pitch without it going into touch! Or that he can command his area, or actually catch the ball... or marshall his defence infront of him. You know, all the BASIC goalkeeping skills we should be able to expect.
Oh yer, I forgot, he’s a great reflex goalie !! :roll:

What I would actually like to have seen, is the Club spend that sort of money or a decent back line, like x 2 CB’s that are ours and not loanees, a right back, and a left back that can actually defend!