Hursts comment on certain Town Players ...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Hursts comment on certain Town Players ...

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/hurst-targe ... -1-5609737

Can’t help but think he might be referring to Ward for some reason, ( in the absence of Knudsen).

Who do others think he might be referring to?

AylesburyBlue

Re: Hursts comment on certain Town Players ...

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Can’t help but think he might be referring to Ward for some reason, ( in the absence of Knudsen).

I’m bit sure it can he ward, who on earth would refer to him as one of our ‘good’ or ‘promising’ players. I reckon it’s bishop, questionable attitude has been highlighted before. He also said about selling, so maybe he is unhappy with garner, worth a few bob and probably a cantankerous sod.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 pm

The article certainly paints a welcome picture of how Hurst will deal with deadwood players. I just hope he follows through. MM consistently let underperforming players off the hook, and as a result he attacked the fans for complaining. I say get the shyte players out of here!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm

I love his comments, this is what we need !!! I think AylesburyBlue could be right with Bishop, Ward too may be at risk along with Spence and Emmanuel.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 pm

"I’ve been told that some people are good players, that some people are very promising"

Has to be Skuse and Bishop :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm
I love his comments, this is what we need !!! I think AylesburyBlue could be right with Bishop, Ward too may be at risk along with Spence and Emmanuel.
I can see Rotherham coming in for Emmanuel - he did very well there and they loved him.
I would agree about Bishop. I definitely feel he’s on borrowed time now. Other players have passed him by . I’m not endeared to any of our old back four tbh . All pretty average , at best- hence why Bart got POTS so many times!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am

Hurst is saying all the things I wanted him to say. Hes giving players a fair chance, trying to get them to buy in to what he wants them to do, but if they don't they will be moved on, simple as that. I have a feeling Hurst is not going to like Knudsen in terms of how he plays, perhaps ill be proved wrong and he may use him in a back 3 but im just not sure.

Clearly hes not happy with a few aspects, this is what we as fans want to hear isn't it? We were not happy either hence why we felt a change/shake up was needed, it wont happen overnight and there is a fine balance as you don't want to demoralize/alienate the players, I don't feel Hurst is doing this, hes just being honest and giving everyone a chance to prove to him they can do what he asks.

I cant wait for the season to start now, I have a good feeling we as fans will be happy with the way in which we will look to play, it will be pressing, closing down, but also attacking at pace and in numbers, something I have felt we haven't done enough in the past couple of years. We wont be all out attack/building possession, but for me excitement is creating chances and getting involved, I am very happy with progress thus far including the type of signings we are bringing in

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I think Skuse is definitely one of them

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Hurst’s comments were pretty ambiguous, but must have sent a jolt through all the players. I think his comments were right on the mark. Just to send the right message.

I don’t know who he was referring to .... but you can see that people are putting names out who’d they like to see shown the door.

I’ll put Garner’s name out there. Hasn’t played through a supposedly minor knock, yet he’s usually pretty hardy, and still unlikely to play for another week, so would not be surprised if there’s something going on behind the scenes. Haven’t got a clue.... but no one else does, too.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:40 pm

I hope it isnt Garner as I rate him, yes he's annoying but he doesn't half give Defenders a hard time for 90 minutes.

I am a big fan of Flynn Downes but I have a horrible feeling he could be at risk of not fitting in under PH which would p*ss me off big time TBH.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:40 pm
I hope it isnt Garner as I rate him, yes he's annoying but he doesn't half give Defenders a hard time for 90 minutes.

I am a big fan of Flynn Downes but I have a horrible feeling he could be at risk of not fitting in under PH which would p*ss me off big time TBH.
I’d be really surprised if Downes was shown the door. He’s, like, 19 .... surely you can’t judge a player that age after only a couple of weeks? I would have thought the older players should be more worried. This could all be a mental game to buck players up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Probably not tbh but something keeps bugging me and I dunno why. I honestly don't believe it will be Skuse either (sorry Rossi) but as I said before Spence, ward, Emmanuel and Bishop could be under scrutiny, Garner is a possibility too given that he's gone AWOL. It is going to be interesting over the coming days for sure.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Honestly I'm tempted to think that his comments were general. Of course he'll be keeping notes but we are not going to see them and hopefully those he had in mind will pull their socks up (over the knee seems to be the fashion, why is that?).

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 am

Just had a chance to properly read the article...., must say, it’s great that the club have a manager that can speak clearly with no apparent bullshit. Roy Keane, PJ & Mick McCarthy spanning 9 years is a long time to endure wind & pish.

Judging by the long interview a few weeks ago and these articles; I’m thinking I’ll enjoy listening to this guy. Praying it’s a decent season for him and the supporters.

For me, 9th or above this season will be a very successful first season in charge. Maybe there’s a new thread in that for discussion. Not Philly Bon Bons traditional “Top 10” ; but where will Ipswich Town finish and what people regard as success and failure.