Knudsen

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Knudsen

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:23 am

It seems we’re looking at Scunthorpe’s LB Conor Townsend.

That could all lead to nothing, but it makes you wonder about Knudsen’s future.

Hurst has been in the papers today answering questions about him ( it’s his first day back after the WC) and he was rather hard-nosed about him.... “ he’s done nothing for me yet” .

I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved on. His value could have increased after the World Cup so me could well make a bit of profit. Townsend seems to be highly rated and has worked under Hurst before. If we’re serious about Townsend then I think Knudsen’s days are numbered at LB. For me, Knudsen’s not a natural centre back... more of a fill-in... so I wouldn’t have thought Hurst would gamble on him taking a CB role.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Knudsen

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 am

If K-nood-zen is NOT camera nervous, (sky, Bt etc) then he’s just sh*t.

So it’s over to the fans who see him regularly. I’m going to wager he’s sh*t.

And judging by match reports, he’s better at CB. Give LB to the Townsend guy. Can’t be worse, surely! (Cue Airplane! clip)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Nice one Paul Hurst, Knudsen has been woeful as a LB since day One, Kenlock equally as good and better going forward than JK. We wanted a manager who would change all the bad stuff and this is what we appear to be getting so it's all good with me.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Knudsen as CB and a new LB sounds like just the ticket to me.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm
Knudsen as CB and a new LB sounds like just the ticket to me.
id rather just get shot of Knudsen to be honest, I tend to think he is pretty crap. IF we were to hold on to him for the squad then the only time id be happy enough seeing him at CB is in a back 3, I think putting him in a back 2 (as part of a traditional 4) would be a disaster, hes not strong enough for that and positionally I think he would be caught out too much. Seems to be a nice enough bloke who puts the effort in but for me lacks a lot in ability and pace.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:06 pm

I think Knudsen could generate a bit of extra cash due to his World Cup throw in cameo and we could get the LB relatively cheap and there could be that extra cash to push through the Tilt bid.

Not in the slightest bothered if JK moves on as long as we get a decent LB. We need a proper CB ... not another utility fill-in like JK and Spence.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I think Knudsen is in for a rude awakening when he turned up for training today. HE thinks he’s better than he actually is. Sell him and get someone else in. I’m sick of seeing him take the ball to the half way line, stop, turn and face our goal and pass it back to the CB! Every bloody time he does this !