Town most liked club in championship

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Town most liked club in championship

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Town most liked club in championship

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:22 pm

To be honest I meet loads of footie fans all over the place and it’s quite rare to come across anyone who really dislikes Ipswich Town FC, and that includes some who class their first team to be Norwich City.

I think if you probe deeper Bobby Robson was a great ambassador for our football club and many who like us will have become friends of our club during the Robson years.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Have at it, Millwall and Leeds United leading the pack of non-favorites. Now there's a surprise. I'd be skeptical about a "news" publication such as the Daily Mirror and this doesn't encourage further belief. What you can ascertain, is that having been in past discussion with fans of other teams (and their awareness of own status as a fan of this club) is they seem to view us (as) something between humor, indifference and as mentioned i.e. a family club that hasn't done any harm to others and while not fans of the club, "wish us well"

Also a general consensus that Norwich City are something of an item of ridicule. Hard to dispute.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:57 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 pm
Have at it, Millwall and Leeds United leading the pack of non-favorites. Now there's a surprise. I'd be skeptical about a "news" publication such as the Daily Mirror and this doesn't encourage further belief. What you can ascertain, is that having been in past discussion with fans of other teams (and their awareness of own status as a fan of this club) is they seem to view us (as) something between humor, indifference and as mentioned i.e. a family club that hasn't done any harm to others and while not fans of the club, "wish us well"

Also a general consensus that Norwich City are something of an item of ridicule. Hard to dispute.
Easy for you to say. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:46 pm

The Mirror at their best...... the table shows Ipswich, but the written article says Brentford.

So which is it you ex Piers Morgan erseholes!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Ipsford

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:18 pm

We’re not the most liked according to this survey.

We’re supposedly least hated. Brentford are supposedly most liked. Work it out... this survey has no credibility. If there was a high and broad range of survey inputs, we - seeing as we have a highly intense rivalry with Norwich - would not be least hated. We would score a lot of number 1 hate entries from the Norwich fans. And vise versa. Just something probably made up in the Mirror office around 20 people to fill newspaper space.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Was just about to post similar tang.

That table lists “ the most hated clubs “ in the Championship, which is NOT the same as asking , which Club do you like the most.

I see scum are actually above us in the most hated lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 pm

“Most hated club in the EPL, buddy?”
“Leeds.”
“They’re in the Championship though.”
“Yep, Leeds.”
“Ok, the Championship?”
“Leeds.”
“What about League One?”
“Leeds”
“Two?”
“Err, Leeds.”
“Ok, lets forget the football league. The conference?”
“I’d have to say Leeds.”
“So you just basically hate Leeds, end of?”
“Yep, Leeds.”

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 pm
Was just about to post similar tang.

That table lists “ the most hated clubs “ in the Championship, which is NOT the same as asking , which Club do you like the most.

I see scum are actually above us in the most hated lol
I read the exact same thing when viewing the article. Got to be some significant difference between a list of least liked club sides and those deemed a favorite by other teams.

What somebody mentioned i.e we're a family club that (for instance) was established during the Cobbold era and onwards. Every team has it's number of questionable support, but you feel a great many other teams looking towards us view as (say) laid-back farmhands and country cousins etc.

Point being, we're hardly going to be making any news channel regards riots in other cities (abroad and domestic) or unruly behavior. Bottom line, you'd argue Ipswich Town is a family friendly outfit, off field incidents regarding our fanbase throughout history seem so few and far between you'd have trouble even making a case for it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:51 am

Laid back farmhands and country cousins?

ITFC’s new name should be Little House on the Prairie United.

“And Leeds United officials are not amused. Look at the devastation of Elland Road after the recent visit of Little House on the Prairie United. Those farmhands are not as laid back as some had thought!”

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Seriously?

I must have been imagining all those times opposition fans have called us the 'worst team we've faced this season' every week for the last few years.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:38 pm

No ....... what’s “Seriously”???..... is your avatar J4cky Boy! :D

Those days are a distant memory....... in fact, who is that guy?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 pm

J4ck22 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:09 pm
Seriously?

I must have been imagining all those times opposition fans have called us the 'worst team we've faced this season' every week for the last few years.
You miss the point. You're saying in regard to how poor the team was in recent time. Garbage most games, the inability to score, poor team selection etc. To clarify any further ambiguity, the issue here is how the team is supposedly perceived by others in regard to off-field behavior and interaction with other fans of rival clubs.

May be in a clue in the name : i.e. Tractor Boys. Not something everyone would have wished for, it sort of claims fans such as ours are slow minded rustic types : adapt at cutting corns and agricultural duties. (Yes we know that's not necessarily true, but the image is easily portrayed to a great many other club sides not entirely familiar with the club vicinity.) But the fact is, the club slogan is hardly something that signifies belligerent tendencies or the propensity to run riot.

Say again I feel a great many (rival clubs) don't take the name seriously. I.E. Small family club situated on the outposts of Eastern England that few and far between have a bad word said about them. One example being the Bobby Robson halcyon years and '81 UEFA Cup run, although we eventually got the respect of others. I don't think many clubs were quite ready for us (at that time) or expected an easy ride, arguably in retrospect it worked in our favor.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:23 am

saint jude wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 pm
......but the image is easily portrayed to a great many other club sides not entirely familiar with the club vicinity.......
Easily portrayed to the ones with severe learning difficulties maybe? ....... but definitely maybe not?

Apologies if that is offensive to rival fans with learning difficulties.

Anyway....... off to clean the car. Was in Norwich today. Absolutely covered in Canary sh*t.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am

saint jude wrote:
J4ck22 wrote:
Seriously?

You miss the point. You're saying in regard to how poor the team was in recent time. Garbage most games, the inability to score, poor team selection etc. To clarify any further ambiguity, the issue here is how the team is supposedly perceived by others in regard to off-field behavior and interaction with other fans of rival clubs.

May be in a clue in the name : i.e. Tractor Boys. Not something everyone would have wished for, it sort of claims fans such as ours are slow minded rustic types : adapt at cutting corns and agricultural duties. (Yes we know that's not necessarily true, but the image is easily portrayed to a great many other club sides not entirely familiar with the club vicinity.) But the fact is, the club slogan is hardly something that signifies belligerent tendencies or the propensity to run riot.

Say again I feel a great many (rival clubs) don't take the name seriously. I.E. Small family club situated on the outposts of Eastern England that few and far between have a bad word said about them. One example being the Bobby Robson halcyon years and '81 UEFA Cup run, although we eventually got the respect of others. I don't think many clubs were quite ready for us (at that time) or expected an easy ride, arguably in retrospect it worked in our favor.
I got the point, I was just making a joke.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:28 am

J4ck22 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am
saint jude wrote:
J4ck22 wrote:
Seriously?

I got the point, I was just making a joke.

And that joke went straight over SJ. Anyway, time to pull on my smock and get on with my agricultural duties. This heatwave has played havoc with my crops.