Drinan to Sutton ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Drinan to Sutton ?

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:52 am

Blues striker Aaron Drinan played for Sutton United in their 1-0 friendly victory over Norwich City’s U23s yesterday afternoon.

The 20-year-old frontman came on as a half-time sub and is on trial with the Vanarama National League side with a view to joining them on loan.

Drinan moved to the Blues from Waterford in his native Ireland in January and is yet to make a first team appearance despite having been on the bench on five occasions.
I think this is a good move and can only benefit him just as loans have helped the likes of Downes, Emmanuel & Woolfenden.

Tangfastic

Re: Drinan to Sutton ?

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:14 pm

He was obviously a bit further away from the first team than Mick suggested. Good luck to him.

Interesting that you see the likes of Lankester and Bailey Clements on the bench yesterday, rather than a Cotter or a Folami.

I thought Folami would be pushing more for a place, especially as we’re short on strikers, seems like Hurst prefers Lankester.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 pm

I actually think Folami & Cotter are both good players and should be pressing for the first team, its odd PH doesn't seem to agree.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I think it’s just great to be reading all these new names. Lankester sounds like he could be decent for the future.

Good luck to the lad at Sutton United. Hopefully he impresses and gets the loan move.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:44 pm

It is good to see these names, but realistically how close are they to the first team squad?

We had those dead rubber games at the end and we saw Cotter, Folami, Morriss and one of those generic Irish lads that Mick tended to bring in... and know we see a couple more names in the friendlies. ( Lankester, Clements)

We know that Nydam, Downes and Dozzell are genuinely knocking at the door.

Come the start of the season and hopefully a few more senior players added .... then it’s unlikely we’ll see these other kids unless they are really that bit special. Just surprised with Lancaster because I thought he was behind Folami, Drinan and Morriss in the pecking order. But a different manager see different things.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Judging by the comments made by other fans on other sites, Lankester sounds like he has impressed and may have jumped the queue.

I do genuinely hope Drinan does well at Sutton and all that, but he’s been a name that seems to have been around for maybe 2 years......, hasn’t really made any moves forward.

Anyway, I’m off to the pub....... pint o’ lager and a Bailey Clements please!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Drinan's trial has become a loan, good luck to the lad but i doubt we will ever see him in a Town shirt

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm
Drinan's trial has become a loan, good luck to the lad but i doubt we will ever see him in a Town shirt
Yeah, I think he'll be another one of Mick's Irish punts that just doesn't make it here. He's now 20 and being loaned to a Conference side, he'd have to bag 30 to have any kind of chance.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm
I seem to remember Hallam making this point at the time we signed him, a lot of us (me included) thought we would see him in a town shirt. Therefore....congrats Hallam, you were correct lol. Not looking like hes quite the next Daryl Murphy which he was being billed to be, good luck to him though

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Jesus H Christ Charlton, don't ever tell Hallam she is right about anything!!! Never !!! 😂😂 It will have to result in a ban next time buddy 😀😀