VALUATIONS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

VALUATIONS

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:24 am

Knudson.....1 Million Danish International played at World Cup.

Tilt............1 Million Played at Blackpool?

Who comes up with these figures? It just goes to show how stupid the transfer system is.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: VALUATIONS

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 am

Get what you are saying Derick but I would pay twice as much for Tilt over Knudsen any day of the week and ive not even seen him play live yet !!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:42 am

I was hoping Knudsen’s one WC game could had put his valuation up to 1.5 million, but realistically we know after three seasons what Knudsen’s all about and I would accept 700 k for him. He’s not that good.

It’s not just about stats... it’s also about supply and demand and juggling our resources to bring in players we actually want. We can’t get all stubborn and try and hold out for, say, 1.5 million when we need to do business now and bring in players.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:55 pm

It depends where the buyer wants to play K-Nood. He definitely seems a lot better at CB...... saw a couple of games and he’s likd a different player completely.

£1M for a LB K-Nood though is indeed laughable.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:02 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:55 pm
It depends where the buyer wants to play K-Nood. He definitely seems a lot better at CB...... saw a couple of games and he’s likd a different player completely.

£1M for a LB K-Nood though is indeed laughable.
Knudsen did play pretty well when he covered left centre back in a 5 man defence - but looks like Hurst is going for a 4 man defence. I don't see Knudsen as an out and out centre back in a back four. He's not physically imposing enough. If Kenlock can kick on and improve his defensive game I wouldn't see Knudsen as a loss. And we'd be a million richer.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:05 pm

id sell Knudsen for £1m in a heartbeat. I don't care what values are in todays market, id be happy just to see us utilize Kenlock or a new LB. Id also rather us have different options at CB, if that means paying £1m for a League 2 player ahead and just using him to replace Knuden im cool with that.

Maybe im being a bit harsh on the guy but I just don't really rate him, and I think he burnt some bridges last year with some of the things he said.