What a Transfer window!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

What a Transfer window!!

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:37 pm

I think it is fair to say this has been the busiest Transfer window that I can ever remember as far as ITFC activity is concerned, usually we are the only team not bloody mentioned ! There are so many positive factors to come out of it ;-

Paul Hurst identifying his targets and not wavering from them

Players actually handing in transfer requests because they want to come to us

Players picking us over other clubs again

The type of players we are signing, youngish, hungry to improve, strong, fast and talented

I think it has to be said that ME too has delivered for a change, what has happened in the past cannot be changed but he has done well by PH and stuck to his word, and all that while making a good profit for the club too if all deals reach their maximum value.

Outgoings :-

Webster 3.5 Million potentially rising to 8 Million
Waghorn 5.0 Million potentially rising to 8 Million
Knight 1.0 Million
Flores 0.5 Million

Total 10 Million potentially rising to 17.5 Million

Incomings :-

Harrison 0.75 Million
Edwards 0.70 Million
Donacien 0.75 Million
Chalobah LOAN
Roberts FREE
Edun LOAN
Nolan/Nsiala 2.0 Million combined
Jackson 1.75 Million ESTIMATED

Total 5.95 Million plus what ever add ons have been agreed for Jackson etc

That makes a profit of 10 Million Minimum which for me is excellent given that we have signed None players to date, we've also freed up wages from the sale of McGoldrick, Hyam & Bru so all in all it's been a fab window this time around. There is still the potential of other movements with Tilt, Windass and John all being mentioned while Garner & Knudsen could be heading the other way.