Rotherham vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Best chance of an away win this season?

Rotherham Win
5%
Ipswich Win
75%
Another Draw
20%

Total votes: 20

barmy billy

Re: Rotherham vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by barmy billy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:08 pm

[quote=derick_ipsw post_id=945163 time=1534136615 user_id=2918]
Andym just come back and post whenever you want mate. You dont have to post for the sake of posting like some on here. Don't worry about Bluemike he is what he is and just get on with it. And don't let Charny's last post get to you either. You are a Town fan so you are very welcome mate. :D
[/quote]

I totally agree, Derick.

The forum is for all members to contribute and comment as little or often as they feel the need. There is certainly no need to be put off as has been suggested. As for Bluemike: he is unique (thank goodness) and he makes me laugh. No offence meant Mike. Clever ruse by Frosty to make him a Moderator, though.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:29 pm

No offence taken Billy, I dont hold grudges or take things too seriously even when obvious provocation in my direction tries to stir things up which has often been the case but I guess that is different.

Me helping Frosty out as a Mod changes nothing from where I am sitting, he needed help and asked, that simple, I'm more than happy to let someone else do it, not a problem, in fact I offered it to Andy yesterday. It's quite funny that all this tit for tat bullshit has started from me just asking for a discussion between Two posters to remain amicable and low and behold the grudge bearers start stirring. It's all a bit silly and childish tbh.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:53 pm

I don't believe people attempt intentional provocation your way Blue Mike, it's the just way you perceive it. Too often others say something regards the club, team, other participants etc, that can be misconstrued, particularly during a heated moment. This applied to any and all who post on here, we're not just throwing random names.

No harm done here, went off on a tangent of some direction and not much with it. Won't be the first instance, it won't be the last.

Take the opportunity to say again I actually prefer here over TWTD. For any and all arguments that may arise, it moves on soon enough and there's only a handful of participants at any time to be involved. Not like over there where you got some 80 + people at peak times with Phil and Gavin having to babysit potential situations. (Which seem to arise with alarming frequency)

It's always said (or the unspoken belief being) people need to support the club and put their focus on that rather than harboring ill-feeling towards each other. Ipswich Town Football Club comes first for a great many, any feuds invariably will (or should) take a back seat.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:53 am
Would love to meet up with Mike, Hallam, Rossi etc etc and have a few beers and a laugh.

Last of the summer wine springs to mind you must all be over 60 :D

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:29 pm
No offence taken Billy, I dont hold grudges or take things too seriously even when obvious provocation in my direction tries to stir things up which has often been the case but I guess that is different.

Me helping Frosty out as a Mod changes nothing from where I am sitting, he needed help and asked, that simple, I'm more than happy to let someone else do it, not a problem, in fact I offered it to Andy yesterday. It's quite funny that all this tit for tat bullshit has started from me just asking for a discussion between Two posters to remain amicable and low and behold the grudge bearers start stirring. It's all a bit silly and childish tbh.
Just carry on as you are, Mike. All's fine by me.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am
Certainly do love the American tailgate idea. Everyone turns up with their tanks (cars) and have barbecues and beers then the game. The game is always secondary in priority to the day........, the getting together is the main thing. The photographs posted on some forums are superb, and putting faces to names is always good. It'd certainly be a good thing to get this forum to "gel"! :D

Need to be March or April 2020 for me, (God willing!)....... My 3rd grandchild is due mid march 2019 so I'll have other stuff going on. But a 2019 forum game should be organised for the people closer.
We should have T shirts printed with TB.com and the name you use on here on it? :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 am

Slightly off topic but just saw an interesting stat in that we have had 25 shots across the first Two league games !! That has to be progress lol, although a fair few probably hit the stand roof but even so the intent is there.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 pm

marko69 wrote:
Certainly do love the American tailgate idea. Everyone turns up with their tanks (cars) and have barbecues and beers then the game. The game is always secondary in priority to the day........, the getting together is the main thing. The photographs posted on some forums are superb, and putting faces to names is always good. It'd certainly be a good thing to get this forum to "gel"! :D

Need to be March or April 2020 for me, (God willing!)....... My 3rd grandchild is due mid march 2019 so I'll have other stuff going on. But a 2019 forum game should be organised for the people closer.
I just might make another the trip over the pond to attend such an activity... Tailgate Party at Portman Road...I'd be in heaven! I'll even ship over my Coleman Road Trip Grill for the festivities! You'll know who I am...I'll be pulling my grill down the road, and I'll be wearing an ITFC shirt with 9 on the back...and "MM Out!" written on the front!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 pm
marko69 wrote:

I just might make another trip over the pond to attend such an activity... Tailgate Party at Portman Road...I'd be in heaven! I'll even ship over my Coleman Road Trip Grill for the festivities! You'll know who I am...I'll be pulling my grill down the road, and I'll be wearing an ITFC shirt with 9 on the back...and "MM Out!" written on the front!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 pm

You going to bring Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders as well? :D

I won’t bring anything from Detroit ...... people will start getting mugged and shot! :shock: