My issue with Hurst

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

charlton837

Re: My issue with Hurst

Post by charlton837 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:56 am
McCarthy will get a job at any one of the three Championship Clubs struggling in the relegation zone after the Christmas period.

He will negotiate a huge £1m + bonus for saving them and finish the season mid table.
I think he may get a job a little higher than that, maybe a mid table side which is deemed to be underperforming. So long as he doesn't end up here I don't care. There is absolutely no way it would happen anyway, Mick himself would never come back im sure of that. Like you I hope PH goes and proves the doubters wrong, a couple of wins and all of a sudden things can brighten up a bit

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 am

High flying Brentford could potentially kick off something huge at PR tomorrow night. A buddy reckons it’ll be 3-0 Brentford and is betting accordingly.

In my opinion, because it’s at Portman Road; if the above transpires, (coupled with a hint of stumbling about) ...... could get very ugly on more outspoken forums.

A decent side Brentford ......, let’s see how you “manage” Ipswich Town against them, Mr Hurst.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:02 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 am
High flying Brentford could potentially kick off something huge at PR tomorrow night. A buddy reckons it’ll be 3-0 Brentford and is betting accordingly.

In my opinion, because it’s at Portman Road; if the above transpires, (coupled with a hint of stumbling about) ...... could get very ugly on more outspoken forums.

A decent side Brentford ......, let’s see how you “manage” Ipswich Town against them, Mr Hurst.
I cant see the atmosphere getting ugly regardless of the score to be honest, not like it did last season anyway, not just yet. I think supporters in the main are trying their absolute best to stick with it and give the players their utmost support as we realize given the position we are in if it gets like last season it could be extremely difficult. Ive not heard any whispers of discontent in the stands, quite the opposite with lots of encouragement. Im sure some people are sitting there moaning but they are very much the minority. This wont last forever I realize that.

You always get some twats on open forums, some of which don't even go the games. By the way I don't refer to those who have an opinion as twats, just the ones that actually want to be negative all the time and almost want us to fail to prove their point. On here I get the impression even those who have their doubts at the moment actually want to be proven wrong!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:12 am

As my big brother will always say on occasion:
“The twats will inherit the Earth!”
Always makes me chuckle that one.

There’s a guy at Easter Road who physically loses his voice and makes croak noises every time Hibs concede goals and lose...... (he loses his voice and croaks a lot!) ......, but not a peep from the “tw*t” when the cabbage are winning! In fact he sits and does a crossword in his paper when the team are 2 or 3 nil up. Sounds unbelievable but very true.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 am

marko69 wrote:

I’m not sure where I posted it Marko but Brentford’s away for is crap with only 2 points taken from 3 away games. Paul Hurst has to forget about playing pretty attractive football and start setting us up not to lose especially at home where another defeat would destroy any confidence the players may still have.

I hope the fans really get behind the team tomorrow night and Saturday as it’s times like this when the fans can either make or break a team, hopefully it will be the former.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:42 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 am
marko69 wrote:

I’m not sure where I posted it Marko but Brentford’s away for is crap with only 2 points taken from 3 away games. Paul Hurst has to forget about playing pretty attractive football and start setting us up not to lose especially at home where another defeat would destroy any confidence the players may still have.

I hope the fans really get behind the team tomorrow night and Saturday as it’s times like this when the fans can either make or break a team, hopefully it will be the former.
I have to disagree about setting up to not lose.
I thought our selection was overly defensive anyway on Saturday with Downes there and that backfired badly after Downes gave the ball away. We’re finding new ways to give away a goal... Spence found another way, too.

The best I’ve see us play was the start of the second half against Norwich when we took the game to them. I think we need to be positive at home. I think if we go ultra-defensive we’ll find a way of conceding. Offence is the best form of defence, for me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:19 pm

I think what everyone needs to remember is , putting results to one side we have played ok in all games prior to Hull and certainly not got the points we deserve, Hull was the first time we have been poor and well beaten so I don't think suddenly everything is wrong.

I do however agree that PH is chopping and changing to much, Donacien has to play, it's a poor decision to have him in the stands, that should be Nolans place who has been bang average at best. Gerken, Donacien, Chambo, Pennington, Knudsen, Skuse, Chalobah, Edwards, Edun, Harrison and Walters should be the starting Eleven.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:15 pm

I really hope things turn soon because I hate stirring the pot with other peoples opinions. But regards ITFC and Hursts signings....... the Dad of a friend, (Jambo, so he’s talking sh*te already!)..... and very rarely wrong.
Yesterday at a small snooker get together, he said what many have said,
a) the problem is Mevans and not handing over a smidgeon more cash.....
and b) (more importanty) quote: “Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that if you sign League One level players, guess where you’re heading? The league position qualifies this. They can gel all they feckin want; if they’ve not got the ability, they’re screwed.”

PLEASE make the insufferable Jambo bstd be wrong.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:15 pm
I really hope things turn soon because I hate stirring the pot with other peoples opinions. But regards ITFC and Hursts signings....... the Dad of a friend, (Jambo, so he’s talking sh*te already!)..... and very rarely wrong.
and b) (more importanty) quote: “Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that if you sign League One level players, guess where you’re heading? The league position qualifies this. They can gel all they feckin want; if they’ve not got the ability, they’re screwed.”

Talking of Brentford I wonder if we had of brought in Dean Smith as manager if everyone would have complained about that, he has also signed some unknown players but hes doing a fantastic job, I thought given time he would do well there. PH is along the same lines although we have made way more changes. Also Marko I don't agree about the league 1 players thing, if you get the best of league 1 they can actually be more than up to this level, in some cases can develop into better. Look at some of the teams such as Norwich and Southampton who came up from League 1 and with virtually the same squad they got promoted. Maybe our problem is throwing together too many at once, that could be a possibility.

Also looking at who the poorer players have been this year I don't always see them as the "league 1" players. Knudsen looks shaky and slow at times, Bart had a terrible start to the season, Spence is just not up to it, Skuse has not had his best start to be honest, certainly not in last few games, Ward when he played looked his normal crap self, Sears again when played has looked just as bad as before. Whereas on the flip side I have though that Nsiala has looked pretty good, Donacien was growing into the role well and looked good, Harrison has done nothing wrong although has never really looked like scoring, Jackson has looked OK, Edun has looked pretty good. For me the only regular ive not been impressed with which PH signed is Jon Nolan, the games are passing him by. So im not sure its as cut and dry as it being down to the new signings, I just think we have a whole new team which isn't helping things, and PH needs to stop chopping and changing all the time

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I don’t think too many of the Southampton & Norwich players jumped ship when they both went down. A few had to leave due to astronomical wages, and a fair few good Championship players like Hoolahan were still turning out for NCFC in League One. They both bounced back with above League One level squads...... subsequently both were promoted again to the EPL.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 pm
I don’t think too many of the Southampton & Norwich players jumped ship when they both went down. A few had to leave due to astronomical wages, and a fair few good Championship players like Hoolahan were still turning out for NCFC in League One. They both bounced back with above League One level squads...... subsequently both were promoted again to the EPL.
If that was the case you could also say that they got relegated as they were not good enough in first place. So they go from not being good enough for championship to too good for league 1 to then also being too good for the championship. Not comparing us to them really as it's a completely different set of circumstances. My main point was just that i don't feel it's all down to signing players from the lower league. I feel even if we threw together 12 new players into a squad that have quite a bit of championship experience all at the same time we might still be struggling. There has been a lot of change. Our priority now has to be to find a fairly stable starting 11 that doesn't change by 2 or 3 every week otherwise we will never get anywhere.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Completely agree with your post.

The opinion that is beginning to develop in my head, (and it was since the Hull game starting line up was posted) is this guy thinks that his “Shrewsbury Town blueprint of how to do things” ain’t working, so he’s now going slightly “Jewell” and f**king around.
I have faith he will turn it around but he is currently riding the wave of the steepest learning curve in his career. Which, if the truth be told, everyone, (including you Mike) must’ve had an inkling would occur.

Beat Brentford 1 or 2 nil with a solid defensive display and the season will kick start.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:34 pm

For my four penny worth I don't think either Norwich City or Southampton are typical League 1 football clubs and neither were there players hence their quick bounce backs. I see nothing wrong in recruiting a player or two from a lower league team and introducing him/them into a team of experienced and successful Championship players, but to take the guts out of a team and replace them with mainly players from a lower league plus a few loanees with limited competitive game experience in my opinion was asking for trouble.

Some of you guys who watch every game are for more entitled to defend your opinion than the likes of Marko and myself who follow from afar, and maybe if you"re happy with what you see on the pitch and the improved atmosphere at Portman road then we have to accept that. However football is a results driven game and as I write it is far more important we start getting some points on the board than it is to entertain the fans and play pretty football, that can come later when and after we've pulled ourselves off the bottom of the table.

Paul Hurst should have one focus and one focus only, and that's to start winning points and that's the only way he"s going to keep his job. My concern is that he"s recruited badly and doesn't have enough of the right players to do it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:48 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Talking of Brentford I wonder if we had of brought in Dean Smith as manager if everyone would have complained about that, he has also signed some unknown players but hes doing a fantastic job, I thought given time he would do well there. PH is along the same lines although we have made way more changes. Also Marko I don't agree about the league 1 players thing, if you get the best of league 1 they can actually be more than up to this level, in some cases can develop into better. Look at some of the teams such as Norwich and Southampton who came up from League 1 and with virtually the same squad they got promoted. Maybe our problem is throwing together too many at once, that could be a possibility.

Also looking at who the poorer players have been this year I don't always see them as the "league 1" players. Knudsen looks shaky and slow at times, Bart had a terrible start to the season, Spence is just not up to it, Skuse has not had his best start to be honest, certainly not in last few games, Ward when he played looked his normal crap self, Sears again when played has looked just as bad as before. Whereas on the flip side I have though that Nsiala has looked pretty good, Donacien was growing into the role well and looked good, Harrison has done nothing wrong although has never really looked like scoring, Jackson has looked OK, Edun has looked pretty good. For me the only regular ive not been impressed with which PH signed is Jon Nolan, the games are passing him by. So im not sure its as cut and dry as it being down to the new signings, I just think we have a whole new team which isn't helping things, and PH needs to stop chopping and changing all the time
Charlton, you are absolutely spot on and this is a point I have made several times already this season, the crap players have, WITHOUT QUESTION, been the more established, experienced players, that is a fact not an opinion, Donacien, Edwards, Nsiala, Edun and at times Chalobah have been the bright spots of the season, the tongue in cheek side of me may dare to suggest we didn't make enough changes to the fuckwits like Ward, Sears, Knudsen, Spence etc etc when we were deserving of winning games a few weeks back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:34 pm
Some of you guys who watch every game are for more entitled to defend your opinion than the likes of Marko and myself who follow from afar......
Yep, spot on with that........ the reports are like gold dust. That selfish git Aylesbury Blue getting hitched didn’t help matters!

No smiley....... I’m annoyed, Thomas!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 pm

:roll: PH should have stuck with the team that played Wet Spam Pre the start of the season, Sir Bobby would have stuck with the good enough young guns, and mixed seasoned players in with them to give a balanced team, the moment you start chopping and changing players in desperation to find the right blend, when he should be doing this on the training field, to establish the team he wants to get the required stability results, if Paul keeps this mix and match strategy up, its a one way ticket to League one, he must surely know by now who he can have as first choice starters.??????

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 pm

I think his biggest problem is simply that he hasn't yet decided what his strongest starting line up looks like, he hasn't played the same line up in two consecutive games and has used more players than any other manager in the Championship (24 ...I think)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 am

I think the simple answer to Towns current position is this:

Too many new players - ELEVEN!!
Too many players making that STEP UP ..... needing TIME to ADJUST to HIGHER LEVEL.... & EACH OTHER.
This is most definitely a TRANSITIONAL SEASON.

The biggest problem that faces Hurst is the issue of TIME. Evans will give him time history has shown this fact. But his hand may well be forced if Hurst cannot conjure up 2-3 wins between now and Xmas, that would see us scrap out of the bottom three.

If Town can finish 4th bottom with the massive changes that have occurred I would actually be happy for this season. Build from there.

To be relegated would be an unmitigated disaster and one we would not bounce back from IMO. Evans may HAVE to act if Hurst cannot get us out of bottom 3 by Xmas.

That’s the TIMEline

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 am

I’d be happy with fourth from bottom, but if we did get relegated.... how much would a disaster would it be?

We’ve been in the Championship 15 years. It’s not as if we’re a PL side who’s dropped like a stone. We’re used to working on a budget, we’ve got a team of decent League 1 players. I’d say we’d stand a decent chance of bouncing straight back.

We asked for change. We’ve got it. I’d still now take the heightened risk of relegation than stick with MM.

But that’s if we get relegated. Plenty to play for this season. 1 win - and it could be tonight - and things will look a lot different.

I would only get rid of Hurst if it’s obvious he’s gone into panic mode.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 am

Unlike the panic mode among the fans already, it's seven games, only poor in one of them. Give it time.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 am
I’d be happy with fourth from bottom, but if we did get relegated.... how much would a disaster would it be?

We’ve been in the Championship 15 years. It’s not as if we’re a PL side who’s dropped like a stone. We’re used to working on a budget, we’ve got a team of decent League 1 players. I’d say we’d stand a decent chance of bouncing straight back.

We asked for change. We’ve got it. I’d still now take the heightened risk of relegation than stick with MM.

But that’s if we get relegated. Plenty to play for this season. 1 win - and it could be tonight - and things will look a lot different.

Believe me it would be a f**king disaster and not worth even thinking about. Town fans wouldn't turn up in huge numbers like Man City fans did when they dropped down into the 3rd tier of English football, revenue would plummet and any players on decent salaries would be released.

Ask fans at Coventry, Blackpool & Charlton etc if relegation could be a disaster.

If we have only one ambition as a football club this season it has to be to avoid relegation.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 am
Unlike the panic mode among the fans already, it's seven games, only poor in one of them. Give it time.

I don't see or hear of anyone panicking at the moment Mike, what i see is lots of fans worrying that we may have made a big mistake and what the consequences might be. I guess it goes back to last seasons "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

At the moment fans are still in their honeymoon period with Paul Hurst and desperately want to see him succeed, but I have to say if we're still struggling come the end of the year there may need to be changes and changing the manager would have to be an option albeit an uncomfortable one.

I think we all want Paul hurst to be successful, and the club to be stable and successful too, but it could just be that we have got our strategy wrong this time and its not going to work, and those of us who are having these thoughts aren't necessarily panicking, we're just being realistic.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am

Personally do not think the "R" word will happen........, Hurst will sort things out, eh Paul?.

Man city, Norwich and Southampton fans only supported in force in League One because they challenged the title. Had the three of them been in the depths of despair, then the Coventry City scenario would occur. Have a cousin who says the old Highfield Road and subsequent Ricoh were like ghost towns. IF ITFC are R worded, and they challenged, there'd be 25K at the Portman Road games. Hibs & Hearts in the Championship vs teams like Alloa....... Averaging 19K at the home games.

So......., to sum up........., if R word ----> be awesome next season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am
tangfastic wrote:

Believe me it would be a f**king disaster and not worth even thinking about. Town fans wouldn't turn up in huge numbers like Man City fans did when they dropped down into the 3rd tier of English football, revenue would plummet and any players on decent salaries would be released.

Ask fans at Coventry, Blackpool & Charlton etc if relegation could be a disaster.

If we have only one ambition as a football club this season it has to be to avoid relegation.
The attendances have been dropping off for years. Maybe it’s a case of pulling the plaster off quickly rather slowly. Sorry, my concerns about relegation are tempered by the fact that we had a toxic atmosphere inside the club even though we were treading water in the Championship. It wasn’t that great before Hurst came.

I hear you about the stories of Coventry, Blackpool, Charlton. There’s a flip side of Southampton, Norwich, Wolves... and quite a number more. Clubs in the PL now or re-established in the Championship. Clubs like Coventry survive... and even are on an upward curve now.

I’m not sure who on big salaries would leave ... Bart, Knudsen. No problem for me. Chambo, Skuse? Not sure we’d have Championship clubs scrambling over to sign players like these in the twilight of their careers. I think the ones on big salaries have probably left us already.

Honestly, you could well be proven right and your theory is growing legs. Just too early to tell... or confirm.

Sorry, I’ll take relegation and the consequences on the chin if it happens. I just wouldn’t want the anxiety or the pressure of the thought of relegation to influence how we play or how we set up NOW after just 7 games. Worrying about it now isn’t going to help. I’m prepared already for relegation now and looking forward to a relegation dogfight :) . It could even be more fun than than the toxic ranting between Mick and the fans last year or the year before.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 pm

I pretty much agree on most things you say Tang but for me relegation would be a total disaster and the death knell for ITFC, contrary to popular belief our fans are not loyal now so going down doesn't bare thinking about, we have a hard core 10k at best and within that 10k they are very up and down with their opinions, thoughts and emotions, I think we would definitely be in single figure thousands at home games while a cold Tuesday evening in Rochdale doesn't fill me with joy even though I would still be there. Thankfully I dont believe or think we will be anywhere near relegation.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:55 pm

I suppose we shouldn’t feel too bad about mentioning relegation, after all, it is the clubs fault that we are........ but a few major IFS..,.,, if relegated, and if there is a serious challenge on promotion, I can’t see Ipswich being any different to any other club in registering League One, (or Division Three) record attendances at Portman Road. Nothing surer that the home gates would be considerably higher than mid table Championship mediocrity.

Not saying ITFC should be relegated...... absolutely 100% NO......,because, in my opinion, and with Mevans at the helm, itd be years of League One mid table mediocrity with those single figure thousand attendances.

Win tonight and put an end to this chat, Hurst & the Co you put out tonight.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 am
I think the simple answer to Towns current position is this:

Too many new players - ELEVEN!!
Too many players making that STEP UP ..... needing TIME to ADJUST to HIGHER LEVEL.... & EACH OTHER.
This is most definitely a TRANSITIONAL SEASON.

The biggest problem that faces Hurst is the issue of TIME. Evans will give him time history has shown this fact. But his hand may well be forced if Hurst cannot conjure up 2-3 wins between now and Xmas, that would see us scrap out of the bottom three.

If Town can finish 4th bottom with the massive changes that have occurred I would actually be happy for this season. Build from there.

To be relegated would be an unmitigated disaster and one we would not bounce back from IMO. Evans may HAVE to act if Hurst cannot get us out of bottom 3 by Xmas.

That’s the TIMEline
Agree Hallam we have certainly looked more refreshing compared with last season but we have so many new players (too many starting IMO).
Some decent players but he has changed too much too fast. Like some posters have mentioned what has happened to Donacien and Chalobah ?
Too early to panic but not too early to express concern.

Far too early to talk about the R word, but for what it's worth in my opinion he would have to go if this occurred.

Unable to go tonight so will have to endure the Red button :shock:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am
Charnwood wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am
tangfastic wrote:

The attendances have been dropping off for years. Maybe it’s a case of pulling the plaster off quickly rather slowly. Sorry, my concerns about relegation are tempered by the fact that we had a toxic atmosphere inside the club even though we were treading water in the Championship. It wasn’t that great before Hurst came.

I hear you about the stories of Coventry, Blackpool, Charlton. There’s a flip side of Southampton, Norwich, Wolves... and quite a number more. Clubs in the PL now or re-established in the Championship. Clubs like Coventry survive... and even are on an upward curve now.

I’m not sure who on big salaries would leave ... Bart, Knudsen. No problem for me. Chambo, Skuse? Not sure we’d have Championship clubs scrambling over to sign players like these in the twilight of their careers. I think the ones on big salaries have probably left us already.

Honestly, you could well be proven right and your theory is growing legs. Just too early to tell... or confirm.

Sorry, I’ll take relegation and the consequences on the chin if it happens. I just wouldn’t want the anxiety or the pressure of the thought of relegation to influence how we play or how we set up NOW after just 7 games. Worrying about it now isn’t going to help. I’m prepared already for relegation now and looking forward to a relegation dogfight :) . It could even be more fun than than the toxic ranting between Mick and the fans last year or the year before.
Well Tang I cant believe you could accept relegation and simply take it on the chin especially after only 15% of this seasons games have been played and there’s still so much to play for. I only hope PH and his players aren’t anywhere near in the same mindset because there’s a saying that so often comes true and that’s.... “you get what you expect”

I sincerely hope we don’t have too many others already prepared for relegation and looking forward to a relegation dog fight cos if there is that’s exactly what we might get.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:15 pm

This latest Hurst team is a big worry, that's a major change to 5 at the back, smacks he doesn't have that belief anymore and is just hitting and hoping.

A lot of us, me included, wanted a young manager, and young hungry players, playing (well trying to) play a better style.

Paul Hurst's record is seriously impressive, and it was done on a budget. I was very happy with his appointment, Evans backed him, we got the players he wanted and they all made sense. If we fail it's on him.

Someone else made the point of him not backing himself and Plan A - I agree 100%, if that's his natural approach, wingers and 1 up top, and high pressing, then he needs to play that - that's what made him successful. Very worrying signs seeing him change approach and line up so often now. Stick to your guns good sir, at least then the players can settle on an approach, if the approach and personnel are constantly changing we'll be chasing our tails and in League One :? :?

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 am
marko69 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:07 am
Cheers for that, Tangfastic.

What’s worrying is the last person stumbling about in desperation was Paul, the Jewell of Porn. And we all know how that ended.

McCarthy back at ITFC , January 3rd?
Don’t think Mick back here as manager is on the cards. Too much bad blood. But he must enjoying his reputation enhanced in his absence. It’s like Bru and Sears became better players when they weren’t picked .... Mick is now looking a far better manager out of the game. I reckon he’ll get a job in October or November... that’s usually when clubs start firing.
No chance of MM ever going back to Ipswich Town. Treated by substantial section of the support disgracefully. MM is a fine manager who could manage at any level of the Championship and achieve. Expect he will find work soon. Hugely regarded individual in football. So for all the morons who demanded his ousting, rock on with Paul Hurst.