Football

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Football

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:18 am

Football has a strange way of acting at times.Take this season , we did loads of business in the transfer window and we are all thinking maybe just maybe. Then after 6 games we are bottom of the league we are out the league cup we have had 2 sent off and we feel sh*t. Then next week we have the scum , a team we have not beaten for 10 games the last time being 2009. Fooball has a strange way of acting at times. We will beat the scum next week, it will be the club and managers first win this season and everything that has gone before will be forgotten because FOOTBALL HAS A STRANGE WAY OF ACTING AT TIMES.
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Football

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:14 am

f**king hope you are right cus I'm getting fed up of losing to sh*t teams and the scum are exactly that, I watched them Wednesday against Preston and it was woeful.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 pm

"Everything that has gone before will be overlooked", pity is you're not wrong. To some the be all and end all is beating that particular opposition and whatever occurred in the five games before it will be rendered immaterial. I'd aim to be successful in every game we encounter, not just ones where there's a greater significance because of the opposition team name.

Said before the reason we invariably don't get victory's against them is because they're always better prepared by the time the games arrive, have things organized to better extent than ourselves. The longer the run goes on without a win over them the harder it will be, they got a psychological edge over us. It can only gain momentum by each season that passes as it remains as it is.

I won't fault Hurst or the players if it continues as it is next weekend. Even now feel skeptical ahead of the time, not only for the reasons already stated, but we simply don't possess the required attributes to take full advantage of next week's opportunity. Norwich believe they'll get something from the game when the teams encounter each other, we ourselves seem to lack the motivation or belief to do so. Time (again) will be the definitive evidence.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Do any teams ever score any FKN goals anymore?
Nothing in the Championship...... nothing in Spain, nowt in the German game...... Jaysus H! What a loady Shyte! I’m putting on Midsomer Murders. Fk it.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:40 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 pm
Do any teams ever score any FKN goals anymore?
Nothing in the Championship...... nothing in Spain, nowt in the German game...... Jaysus H! What a loady Shyte! I’m putting on Midsomer Murders. Fk it.
There is actually a current application for the Goal to be made bigger by 6 inches. They worked it out based on the average height of players changing and when you consider how many goals top scorers used to score. I think it’s bolloxks but hey ho.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:50 am

Does this mean only midgets can play ice-hockey?

Sorry, “little people”.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:57 am

I would back Messi to be more accurate in finishing than Peter Crouch.

It’s got nothing to do with the average height increasing, its more to do with teams setting up more defensively and being more tactically astute.

I bet Laurie Sivells happy he’s retired.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:57 am
I would back Messi to be more accurate in finishing than Peter Crouch.
I wouldn’t trust any of them, Tang. I’ll just use my regular plasterer.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:05 am

I heard something last night being mentioned regarding an extra 6"

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:10 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:05 am
I heard something last night being mentioned regarding an extra 6"
That extra 6” was hiding in your closet. Never come home to early from the pub.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am

I said to her there is no way she is gonna handle 15"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:12 pm

:lol: @ last 3 posts! ^^^

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm

6-0 Switzerland v Iceland? :shock: WTF?

You are very correct, Derick......, football is crazy!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Yes but Switzerland are a capable team apparently. Iceland had that win over the English a year or two back but at the time that wasn't really saying much.

Not sure what's going on with that new format they've introduced. They want to erase meaningless friendlies and replace it with a Group League event or something. Don't know if this is an interim thing or it will be implemented for future purposes but perhaps the regular system was more appropriate.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Tilt scores winner for Blackpool yesterday. Knew the toffee dummies & candy floss was too much to give up.

Why are there so many fat bastards in Blackpool?
Because every time they play rock, paper scissors, they say, “Rock? Oh yes please, can I have some rock?”

Yes, yes I know there is Edinburgh rock,...... but theirs is much older and much more famous.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm

SKY HEADLINE:
“Bournemouth see off 10 man Leicester”

They were 3-0 up before Leicester went down to 10 men :lol: