Nydam out on loan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Nydam out on loan

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 am

Town midfielder Tristan Nydam is close to joining Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone on loan.

The Scottish Sun reported that the Saints had made a move for the 19-year-old overnight and TWTD understands that the deal is expected to be concluded in the next few days ahead of Friday’s deadline.

Blues manager Paul Hurst said earlier this month that he had talked with the England U19 international, who returned to training after a minor quad injury last week, about going out on loan in order to gain senior experience: “I’ve spoken to Tristan and that’s something we’ve had a conversation about.”

Nydam has made 14 starts and six sub appearances for the Blues first team having come through the academy.

The Zimbabwe-born, Colchester-raised youngster has not featured for Town this season.
Usually I am in favour of our younger players going out on loan but I am not overly happy about this one. I thought Nydam looked really good in pre season and this high pressing game we keep hearing about suited him far better than anyone else, he seemed well suited to it from what I have seen, disappointed with this one.

rossi

Re: Nydam out on loan

Post by rossi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:33 am
Town midfielder Tristan Nydam is close to joining Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone on loan.

The Scottish Sun reported that the Saints had made a move for the 19-year-old overnight and TWTD understands that the deal is expected to be concluded in the next few days ahead of Friday’s deadline.

Blues manager Paul Hurst said earlier this month that he had talked with the England U19 international, who returned to training after a minor quad injury last week, about going out on loan in order to gain senior experience: “I’ve spoken to Tristan and that’s something we’ve had a conversation about.”

Nydam has made 14 starts and six sub appearances for the Blues first team having come through the academy.

The Zimbabwe-born, Colchester-raised youngster has not featured for Town this season.
Usually I am in favour of our younger players going out on loan but I am not overly happy about this one. I thought Nydam looked really good in pre season and this high pressing game we keep hearing about suited him far better than anyone else, he seemed well suited to it from what I have seen, disappointed with this one.
yep - I fail to see the logic in this and it angers me that we bring in midfielders from outside the club to the detriment of our academy products

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am

What have Dozzell, Nydam and Downes done wrong.the 3 of them were excellent against West HaMidlands. I just don't get it at all.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am
What have Dozzell, Nydam and Downes done wrong.the 3 of them were excellent against West Ham I just don't get it at all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am

And if he’s really that good, he’ll get emptied in the SPL. He’ll end up injured for 12 years like Bishop. Absolutely no positives will come from this and it’s a shocking move by ITFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 am

Dozzell had tests and is showing signs of relapse so I guess we are doing it right with him, I don't think we'll see much of him again. Downes has played a small part last Two games so is there or thereabouts but Nydam surprises me but as you say they did so well as a trio against West ham and it looked impressive.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:05 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am
And if he’s really that good, he’ll get emptied in the SPL. He’ll end up injured for 12 years like Bishop. Absolutely no positives will come from this and it’s a shocking move by ITFC.
It is Marko, it should have been to Forfar not bloody St. Johnstone

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:09 am

I really like Nydam and I thought he’d at least get some bench time here.

The annoying thing is that Huws and Bishop ... and now Dozzell ... are not match fit. Is Hurst relying on those three to be match fit soon so Nydam would be surplus to requirements? Looking at those three’s injury records nothing is certain.

If Hurst sees Nydam behind all these midfielders then he’d spend a year in the under 23’s. I wasn’t happy about Edun being brought in as it seemed he was at the same level as Dozzell, Downes and Nydam..... but he does actually seem above at least Downes and Nydam in their development. Disappointed that he’s going, but more disappointed he’s not in Hursts team thoughts.
Last edited by Tangfastic on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:41 am

I would much rather see Nydam play than Chalobah.First reading this news I was bloody furious, but after sitting and thinking about it I can see the logic. Nolan is a decent age and we have spent money on him, Edun looks head and shoulders above all other players and that leaves one space, hopefully this news means Dozzell and Huws aren’t far away from fitness and IMO both of these should be starting over Nydam. Downes, Bishop, Skuse, Chalobah all back ups? Let Nydam play games. ALTHOUGH, St Johnstone, really? What the bloody hell will he learn there, the tempo in the SPL is so slow, ridiculous choice of club. Surely Rotherham in championship or countless L1 would be interested?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:03 am

I really don't think we are going to see Huws or Dozzell anytime soon.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm

well dozzell and huws ... and bishop and Woolfy played for the under 23's today.

im not sure what that means .... bu we only just scraped a draw against crewe.

Huws actually got us an equalizer and played 90 minutes.

not sure how different the intensity is from under 23''s to championship level. id say Woolfy could be potential for Sunday, but not the rest.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:25 pm

CREWE?

F F S !

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm

im not sure about the decision to send Nydam on loan, id much rather have him as part of our squad and get some game time in our midfield. Im yet to see that Nolan is a better option (although that could change as season progresses, im not writing him off by any stretch of the imagination). I would prefer us to try and loan out Ward and keep Nydam to be honest!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Judging by season 18/19 match reports so far, Ward could be loaned out to warm the bench at Whitby Town.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm
im not sure about the decision to send Nydam on loan, id much rather have him as part of our squad and get some game time in our midfield. Im yet to see that Nolan is a better option (although that could change as season progresses, im not writing him off by any stretch of the imagination). I would prefer us to try and loan out Ward and keep Nydam to be honest!
Me too. I had high hopes that Ward might turn the corner under Hurst, but he looks way of the pace. And if Emanuell is behind Spence then I’d loan him out, too. I think Freddy needs to leave but we’re seriously stretched with strikers. Being positive... this looks like a half season loan for Nydam. Would love to see Nydam come back in January and straight into the squad after excelling in 20 odd games. But I think he’s worthy of a place in the team or the bench here.
I’m hopeful with Nolan... in patches he looks decent on the ball, but not enough or too far deep.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 pm

I am hoping Ward & Sears never see first team action again but I expect they will, same with Spence now, I used to think he was handy but very inconsistent although he is a threat at set pieces and scores a few goals.

As someone else remarked Ben Morris did more in 10 minutes than Sears has done in 4 seasons, I would love to see him more involved.