Toto

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Toto

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Now has a 3 match ban. Red cards never get overturned, if it was it would be admitting the ref made a mistake, and as we all know that never happens :roll: and so our bad luck continues

arana peligrosa

Re: Toto

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 am

There was a similar thing with (Marcus) Stewart some years back against Leeds when the match official dismissed the player with what seemed an innocuous challenge. Tried an appeal but the suspension remained if correct. Arguably the consequences were more severe back then with the team trying for a European place in the EPL but point being referees aren't infallible or flawless in their decisions.

Simple math the individual in question (dismissal of Nsiala) made an error of some extent which will cost the team loss of squad member for a handful of games. By all means label the official every profanity known to mankind, but decisions are made which we live by. As mentioned small chance of referees actually owning up to human error also, not the first instance of it, it won't be the last.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:12 am

saint jude wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 am
There was a similar thing with (Marcus) Stewart some years back against Leeds when the match official dismissed the player with what seemed an innocuous challenge. Tried an appeal but the suspension remained if correct. Arguably the consequences were more severe back then with the team trying for a European place in the EPL but point being referees aren't infallible or flawless in their decisions.

Simple math the individual in question (dismissal of Nsiala) made an error of some extent which will cost the team loss of squad member for a handful of games. By all means label the official every profanity known to mankind, but decisions are made which we live by. As mentioned small chance of referees actually owning up to human error also, not the first instance of it, it won't be the last.
Human error i can live with, plain arrogance i cant. The review panel have stuck by the ref and stuck two fingers at itfc.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:34 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:12 am
saint jude wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 am

Human error i can live with, plain arrogance i cant. The review panel have stuck by the ref and stuck two fingers at itfc.
We’ve got to get over the decision, but I think the review panels attitude is outdated.

Instead of trying to blindly support a referees decision, why don’t they go with the attitude that mistakes happen and they can overturn decisions with the intention of trying to improve refereeing and making things clearer for future decisions. This decision doesn’t make the referee right or a better referee and for players it’s more of a minefield. I’m still not sure what Toto should have done in that situation? It’s not like we want to overturn the match result or demand a replay. We’ve been shafted in one game, but are asking why should we be punished further for another three games? Im sure the review panel get paid for this review... but for what.... the outcome seemed to be already decided.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:36 am

The very fact that FIFA had VAR at the World Cup is testimony enough that referees make large, game changing mistakes. A very large percentage of refs are extremely incompetent. And, no, I definitely couldn’t do better....... they chose the profession.

My opinion is that referees need to learn to be 100% neutral. Maybe there is a mentality institution that can help with this. If they can be completely neutral, the mistakes will be reduced greatly.

And also, when you hear a commentator say, “That’s not a bookable offence but the referee may be booking him because he should’ve been booked for the other tackle in the first half.”....... that Shyte also needs eradicated.

Ok, off to f**king blow a house up. Hopefully not obviously but I might just have “one of those days” while replacing this boiler!

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:36 am
The very fact that FIFA had VAR at the World Cup is testimony enough that referees make large, game changing mistakes. A very large percentage of refs are extremely incompetent. And, no, I definitely couldn’t do better....... they chose the profession.

My opinion is that referees need to learn to be 100% neutral. Maybe there is a mentality institution that can help with this. If they can be completely neutral, the mistakes will be reduced greatly.

And also, when you hear a commentator say, “That’s not a bookable offence but the referee may be booking him because he should’ve been booked for the other tackle in the first half.”....... that Shyte also needs eradicated.

Ok, off to f**king blow a house up. Hopefully not obviously but I might just have “one of those days” while replacing this boiler!
Dont worry about it marko, gas safe will back you up. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:20 pm

With their annual fees, they flippin better, ITNO1! :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:30 pm

I still say that he went in with his studs showing - sure, he was first to the ball and won it cleanly, but he followed through and his studs were clearly showing. Dangerous play, end of.