Birmingham City - 12 point deduction ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Birmingham City - 12 point deduction ?

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am

https://talksport.com/football/efl/4200 ... gulations/

It's about time teams who break the rules are punished in a heftier way, a fine does not cut it anymore and is certainly not a deterrent from reoffending in the future. Personally I doubt they will get a 12 point deduction but they may well get some kind of penalty.

It should be a warning to those who say to ME spend this and spend that, there are scenarios to be taken into consideration which the average fan in the street seems oblivious to.

derick_ipsw

Re: Birmingham City - 12 point deduction ?

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:37 am

I hope they do get a 12 point deduction then Town would only have to avoid 2 relegation places instead of 3. :(

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Even bet nothing will come of it. What, a twelve point penalty for that infringement ?, I don't know, seems rather excessive or infeasible to punish a team by that measure for one arguable small violation : particularly one in the position in now finds itself in the league.

Maybe they're trying to make an example of someone or putting out a strong warning to others but can't believe this threat would ever come to pass. Not the first instance a club has been notified of potential points loss for their respective misdemeanors, more often than not eventual actions go by the wayside. Give them a fine of some measure or take away two points if needs be, four victories total would seem an unfair or ridiculous conclusion / debate, to this issue.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:30 pm

I don't think it is a small violation to lose 39 Million quid over three years, this way exceeds the amount permitted and then to go out and buy a player when under a transfer embargo is pretty much sticking Two fingers up to the authorities, that said SJ I agree that they will not be hit with a points deduction, unfortunately.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:43 pm

It's a bit out of context maybe but recall Middlesbrough were hit with one a few years back but that was for cancelling a game for lack of players against Blackburn or something. They got a three point penalty which actually cost them their place in the EPL back then. Went down on the final weekend if memory serves.

Point being, you can argue that was a fair decision. The authorities weren't to know that the club would be relegated at time of penalty and three points would seem a good enough example. Obviously they would have attempted to overturn it when it was provided but what's done is done. Birmingham would appear to have made a much more benign or innocent infringement and now they're running risk of twelve points deduction for it ? Say again it's too far-fetched to possess any real substance.

All they need do is change their address to Plaistow or rename themselves West Ham United and they'll get away with it. One team there that got away with threatened action one time too many. Realize laws are there to be broken but how clubs conduct themselves and the authorities decision to reprimand individual cases is at best, questionable.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 pm

You've got to remember though ----> The EFL were "exceptionally disappointed!" This means they were disappointed ...... a lot.
Could rise to 18 points.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 pm

The talk now is that it could be a 15 point deduction

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 am

I know Birmingham reasonably well and there's an area near St Andrews stadium that plays host to an urban myth involving vampires and invisible automobiles.

Any (now) fifteen point penalty would seem about as feasible as the above. Not going to happen.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 am

saint jude wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 am
I know Birmingham reasonably well and there's an area near St Andrews stadium that plays host to an urban myth involving vampires and invisible automobiles.
Yes, they really need to get that drugs problem under control in Birmingham.