I wonder what the future holds - Knudsen

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

I wonder what the future holds - Knudsen

Post by hallamblue » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:24 am

.....Strange. Wasn’t it him who said he would now need to review his future ( in the wake if McCarthys departure)? Well Jonas, it seems you’re not the be all and end all of left backs are you! Personally I hope we sell you.

derick_ipsw

Re: I wonder what the future holds - Knudsen

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 am

I would not be sorry to see him leave either.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am

Isn’t it best we get him to sign a contract.. so he doesn’t walk away on a free or for peanuts?

Just as long as he understands a new 3 year contract doesn’t mean we want him to stay that long ... just that we can’t get screwed when he leaves.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing a waiting game.... Mick will get a job in October and November and they join up again in January for a very low fee. Not convinced of his commitment long term to the club.

TBH... he’s done OK this year and not our worst player by any means..... but for a player who’s a senior player and an international I expect a bit more at times.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 am

I’ve witnessed him 5 times for a full 90minutes in an ITFC shirt....... once ok, four times sh*t. Really sh*t.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:10 am

Ive probably watched him over 100 times and one time ok, the rest sh*te.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:22 am

Yeah, he's making too much noise and rocking the boat, you're not good enough for us to accept that Jonas, pipe down, work hard, or bugger off.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 am

I think hes actually played pretty well this season apart from first couple of games. He has been getting better.

That being said I wouldn't be too sad to see him leave, if I were the manager I think he would be one id sell if you can get some money for him.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am
Isn’t it best we get him to sign a contract.. so he doesn’t walk away on a free or for peanuts?

Just as long as he understands a new 3 year contract doesn’t mean we want him to stay that long ... just that we can’t get screwed when he leaves.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing a waiting game.... Mick will get a job in October and November and they join up again in January for a very low fee. Not convinced of his commitment long term to the club.

TBH... he’s done OK this year and not our worst player by any means..... but for a player who’s a senior player and an international I expect a bit more at times.
No new contract, let him walk. His wages are better spent elsewhere. Dont want another mcgoldrick who talks the talk when he needs a contract then does sweet FA.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:54 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 am

No new contract, let him walk. His wages are better spent elsewhere. Dont want another mcgoldrick who talks the talk when he needs a contract then does sweet FA.
I don’t think he’s like Didsy. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he leaves, but if we can avoid players leaving for nothing who can command decent fees then we should tie that up. Didsy was injury plagued and around a few impressive performances he went missing far too often. Knudsen will put in effort and I can’t see him sitting on a contract. Same with Bart... I think they want to play... and if they want to play elsewhere... then let’s get some cash for them and re-invest.
Hurst had to sell players to generate cash. That’s a stark reality. We can’t just let players leave for nothing if we can avoid it... because it would mean selling other players who are actually decent. Without the situation of Knudsen being late back from the WC, I think we would have sold already and got a replacement.