Thoughts from the armchair

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
K L Blue
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Kings Lynn

Thoughts from the armchair

Post by K L Blue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 pm

now that Sky is showing every tues/wed games I get to see more games this season than in previous seasons.

I find myself wondering what the hell is going on at the club I love?
after watching the match against Boro these are the few thoughts I've got


1, Is Gerkin better than Bart?
2, Why is Chambo playing left side of central defence(what happened to round pegs in round holes)
3, Chalobah I can't see what he's bringing to the team, ok he had that 1 good shot, but fore me he gives the ball away to much.
4, Jordan Graham, why did he start in front of Edwards?
5, why take Nolan off rather than Skuse or Chaklobah if you want to attack?
6, why is it Hurst doesn't get the starting line up right? for me it alwas seems that we start badly, and when he changes it up we're a lot better, but we've already given ourselves a mountain to climb. And when its going wrong, it always looks like he's a sacred rabbit in a set of headlights.
Is PH doubting himself, and its rubbing off on the players, or is it the players rubbing off thier doubt on PH?


I really think if we lose against Swansea, that'll be it for Hurst. I hope not, purely because i can see what PH is trying to do at the club.

Sorry if this comes across wrong, but its the only way I can put it down.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 14889
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 am

That's a great post and it's a superb thread title. I'll put my own thoughts into this thread in the future after seeing ITFC games on TV. Hopefully so will Frosty, Shamm, Dubai Blue, Ohio etc etc.

Unfortunately (for me) KL........ I don't think it's "if" they lose at Swansea........, it's "when".

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am

KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

User avatar
K L Blue
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Kings Lynn

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by K L Blue » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am
KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

Derick i try to get to as many games as possible, but being my wifes carer i don't get to as many games as i want/should.
and yes i see the attendances are low. But people judge with their feet.

But my original point is the questions above. I don't really care if I get called a stay away/armchair supporter, I support the team as much as my life allows me to. the reason I named this thread as thoughts from the armchair, is because I got to see things better than if I was at the ground.
It is in no way a pop at anyone who is staying away.

hallamblue
Posts: 23467
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:03 pm

I was looking at the next few fixtures, and based on Evans' previous record regarding managers tenure, I reckon he will give Hurst this month to see if he can turn it round . If by the Millwall game we still haven't registered a win, I think Hurst will be sacked or leave by mutual consent.

Personally I cant seen where we will get any kind of win, whilst he continues with 1 striker and the midfield combination of Nolan, Skues, Chalobah, Ward.

I would be thinking of trying this

.......................Gerks........................

Donacian.....Nsiala.....Chambo.... Kenlock


Edwards...... Downes or Skuse.....Dozzell........Rowe

......................Jackson.....Sears...........

hallamblue
Posts: 23467
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am
KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

Derick i try to get to as many games as possible, but being my wifes carer i don't get to as many games as i want/should.
and yes i see the attendances are low. But people judge with their feet.

But my original point is the questions above. I don't really care if I get called a stay away/armchair supporter, I support the team as much as my life allows me to. the reason I named this thread as thoughts from the armchair, is because I got to see things better than if I was at the ground.
It is in no way a pop at anyone who is staying away.
KLB you're a top man , and have been a Town fan /supporter for as long as I can remember. You need a bloody medal just for living in Budgie land IMO
xx

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am
KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

Derick i try to get to as many games as possible, but being my wifes carer i don't get to as many games as i want/should.
and yes i see the attendances are low. But people judge with their feet.

But my original point is the questions above. I don't really care if I get called a stay away/armchair supporter, I support the team as much as my life allows me to. the reason I named this thread as thoughts from the armchair, is because I got to see things better than if I was at the ground.
It is in no way a pop at anyone who is staying away.
KL Blue I was certainly not having a pop at you mate or anybody else who chooses not to go. Its just a shame the state the club is in, that like you say, people vote with there feet. If we were pushing for the play offs I'm sure we would be getting another 5 or 6,000 more every week.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:40 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:03 pm
I was looking at the next few fixtures, and based on Evans' previous record regarding managers tenure, I reckon he will give Hurst this month to see if he can turn it round . If by the Millwall game we still haven't registered a win, I think Hurst will be sacked or leave by mutual consent.

Personally I cant seen where we will get any kind of win, whilst he continues with 1 striker and the midfield combination of Nolan, Skues, Chalobah, Ward.

I would be thinking of trying this

.......................Gerks........................

Donacian.....Nsiala.....Chambo.... Kenlock


Edwards...... Downes or Skuse.....Dozzell........Rowe

......................Jackson.....Sears...........
I would drop Chambers for Pennington otherwise spot on.

User avatar
K L Blue
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Kings Lynn

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by K L Blue » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:45 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am
KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

Derick i try to get to as many games as possible, but being my wifes carer i don't get to as many games as i want/should.
and yes i see the attendances are low. But people judge with their feet.

But my original point is the questions above. I don't really care if I get called a stay away/armchair supporter, I support the team as much as my life allows me to. the reason I named this thread as thoughts from the armchair, is because I got to see things better than if I was at the ground.
It is in no way a pop at anyone who is staying away.
KLB you're a top man , and have been a Town fan /supporter for as long as I can remember. You need a bloody medal just for living in Budgie land IMO
xx
Hallam i started to support town in 1974, don't know why, i just picked a team in the league(as kids do), but have been loyal ever since, and i've been at every major event for the club since, 78 cup final, 81 UEFA cup, Play Off final. and i was a season ticket holder until my wife and bloody kids came on the scene lol. but now the grandchildren all wear blue and white, and my 3 year on grandson keeps asking his great grandad why is that yellow rubbish on the wall?(wife's side are budgies) All 4 out of 5 grandchildren are Blue and true, the 10 year old, 6year old, 3 and 2 year old all love watching footie with Grandpa whether its live or on TV. the only reason the youngest isnt a Blue yet its she's only 5 momnths old lol

User avatar
K L Blue
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Kings Lynn

Re: Thoughts from the armchair

Post by K L Blue » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:18 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am
KL Blue there are a lot of people who live in Ipswich who are watching it from the armchair as well, when you see the attendances!! :(

Derick i try to get to as many games as possible, but being my wifes carer i don't get to as many games as i want/should.
and yes i see the attendances are low. But people judge with their feet.

But my original point is the questions above. I don't really care if I get called a stay away/armchair supporter, I support the team as much as my life allows me to. the reason I named this thread as thoughts from the armchair, is because I got to see things better than if I was at the ground.
It is in no way a pop at anyone who is staying away.
KL Blue I was certainly not having a pop at you mate or anybody else who chooses not to go. Its just a shame the state the club is in, that like you say, people vote with there feet. If we were pushing for the play offs I'm sure we would be getting another 5 or 6,000 more every week.

Derick i didn't think you were having a go bud, so no worries

Post Reply