Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Another Draw?

Swansea Win
9
56%
Ipswich Win
4
25%
Draw
3
19%
 
Total votes: 16

tangfastic
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Yeeeeeeeessssssssss!

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:58 pm

I think I’ve had 3 cardiac arrests this afternoon.

Marvinbay1973
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Wow what a place to get the first win.
Really pleased for Paul and the lads.

At least Mike won't through himself off the Severn bridge now :D

Magicmark
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Wow ..This has brighten up my weekend,twas getting a bit depressing,first win of the season :D

Magicmark
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Magicmark » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm
Wow what a place to get the first win.
Really pleased for Paul and the lads.

At least Mike won't through himself off the Severn bridge now :D
:lol:

shamm
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Durban South Africa

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by shamm » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Great feeling to win!
Looking forward to the report. Who did well
on the pitch for us today??

User avatar
Dubai Blue
Posts: 4301
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 pm
Location: Dubai, UAE

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Excellent result! Will be interesting to hear how the players were at the final whistle.

Happy about the result but with Millwall & Preston both winning today it's just as well :lol:

User avatar
lucy
Posts: 5230
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 14889
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:10 pm

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! GET IN, ITFC. Echo the other comments, what a place to get that first win! Illuminati, eye in the sky stuff!
What a day. 6-0 Hibs and Ipswich win in Wales.

That bet:
Burnley (no)
WBA (yes)
Pompey (no) un-fking-believable
LIncoln (yes)
Aberdeen (yes)
QOS (no)
Airdrie (no)
Edinburgh (yes)

Shockin’ eh?! Stay away from these bets. But if anyone does attempt it....... put it on here before KO’s.

Paul Hurst....... fkn LEGEND!!!

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Well done Town and well done Paul Hurst. See what happens when you pick the right Team. :lol:

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Courageous effort, so so happy, had to withstand a fair bit first half but really played well second. Gerken crucial saves, super performances from Ward, Sears, Edwards while the rest all played well too. Just the boost we needed, hopefully we can kick on now. Happy six hour journey but i couldn't give a f*ck. Report tomorrow . COYB'S

User avatar
Dubai Blue
Posts: 4301
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 pm
Location: Dubai, UAE

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Look forward to it Mike. Enjoy the travel!

patthegimp
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: norn ireland

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by patthegimp » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Yeeehah. We're on our way. Top six no problem.😊😊😊

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 14889
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:17 pm
Courageous effort, so so happy, had to withstand a fair bit first half but really played well second. Gerken crucial saves, super performances from Ward, Sears, Edwards while the rest all played well too. Just the boost we needed, hopefully we can kick on now. Happy six hour journey but i couldn't give a f*ck. Report tomorrow . COYB'S
Great stuff, absolutely delighted that Ward & Sears were amongst the names labelled witn better performances. Look forward to the report. It’s taken a couple thousand miles (+) over the season to finally see a Paul Hurst win...... no doubt well worth it. If it’s a bus you’re on, hopefully it’s flippin bouncing!

User avatar
phily bon bon
Posts: 10721
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Brilliant news and well done to the lads and management. Sounds like they all put a shift in, when it was needed, with other results this was crucial. 😀 ⚽

tangfastic
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 pm

If I was a travelling footballing fan. and had the chance I’d take a hotel in Swansea and get f**king wasted.

Really good game .. Swansea the far better footballing team... but the boys stuck in there.

We came back twice from goals.... there’s character in the squad.

User avatar
barmy billy
Posts: 2520
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wherever I rest my head

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by barmy billy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Brilliant result, absolutely nerve-wracking to listen to.

Well done Hurst & the team, hopefully a good omen for the fuure.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:52 pm

BLUUUUUUUUE ARMY! whoop whoop. E i e i e i o, up the foitball league we go ( ok not today) but hopefully kick on now. Great result

User avatar
JohnnyB
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by JohnnyB » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Brilliant news - can't wait for Mike's report.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:25 pm

What??? No posts from massyfergesson or vallyroad????

Ando
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Ando » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Sears starts up front and we win. Praised by PH for his movement. If we get him playing and scoring we will have a chance.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 1664
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 pm

I’m curious to hear how Dozzell played. How significant was Nolan’s absence?

User avatar
BLUEBLOOD
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Lets not get carried away a great result but looking at the stats is worry.
3 shots on target and 3 goals says it all about our problem upfront.

Home Team Swansea Away Team Ipswich
Possession Home74 %Away26%
Shots Home18 Away8
Shots on TargetHome3 Away3
CornersHome13 Away6
FoulsHome5 Away13

At least we have the break with a 1st win of the season onwards and up....COYB

charlton837
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm
Lets not get carried away a great result but looking at the stats is worry.
3 shots on target and 3 goals says it all about our problem upfront.

Home Team Swansea Away Team Ipswich
Possession Home74 %Away26%
Shots Home18 Away8
Shots on TargetHome3 Away3
CornersHome13 Away6
FoulsHome5 Away13

At least we have the break with a 1st win of the season onwards and up....COYB
You can look at stats all you like but means nothing. Last season we quite often only had 2 or 3 shots on goal and 0 or 1 on target but we were never in relegation trouble. I listened to the game and what was pleasing for me was we carried a threat, we caused them problems in attack without peppering there goal. Equally they caused us a lot of problems too. Sounded like a cracking game. We wanted some entertainment didn't we? Well this is what we have all missed over last couple of years so let's embrace it and just enjoy the win. Looking at the table we really needed it today or we could have been 3 points adrift of 21st. Now we could do with a little run to gain some confidence.

ipswichtownNo1
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:34 pm

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm
Lets not get carried away a great result but looking at the stats is worry.
3 shots on target and 3 goals says it all about our problem upfront.

Home Team Swansea Away Team Ipswich
Possession Home74 %Away26%
Shots Home18 Away8
Shots on TargetHome3 Away3
CornersHome13 Away6
FoulsHome5 Away13

At least we have the break with a 1st win of the season onwards and up....COYB
Really blue? We just got that first win and still gloom n doom. What about the fact in 12 games we have lost less than half the games. 1 Win, 6 draws and 5 losses. New team, new manager new era, its going to take time. I think we will avaid relegation this season and let mr hurst have a proper crack next season.

charlton837
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Also sounded to me like Chambers was a warrior today, put his body on the line time and time again. Whilst long term it may be a different story at this moment in time we need him in that team for the way he leads the team. Does he make mistakes? Sure and he's not the only one but I can't think we would be better without him at this moment.

tangfastic
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm

I truly think people need to get away from stats.

I watched the game on iFollow. Not the same as live, but you get to see the game. Cracking game.... and I’m sure Swansea felt they should have won it. But we also never caved in and everyone gave everything. The team should feel they deserved it.
A tame effort on goal from 30 yards which bobbles harmlessly into the hands of the GK is registered as a shot on target. An effort which whistles past the post with the GK struggling is registered as a shot off target. Decent Crosses which don’t get a touch from a striker don’t register anything. If people get turned on by stats... go w*nk off a statistician.

Great game. Great result in a bad season so far. Hope we can build on this.

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 pm

To be the stats suggest Swansea should be more worries about their problems up front.... that many shots and only 2 goals, one of which an own goal. Also possession stats mean nothing, last 10 minutes may have heavily influenced them. Swansea also proved last season possession means nothing where as Leicester won the league with one of the leagues lowest possession stats.

charlton837
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm
I truly think people need to get away from stats.

I watched the game on iFollow. Not the same as live, but you get to see the game. Cracking game.... and I’m sure Swansea felt they should have won it. But we also never caved in and everyone gave everything. The team should feel they deserved it.
A tame effort on goal from 30 yards which bobbles harmlessly into the hands of the GK is registered as a shot on target. An effort which whistles past the post with the GK struggling is registered as a shot off target. Decent Crosses which don’t get a touch from a striker don’t register anything. If people get turned on by stats... go w*nk off a statistician.

Great game. Great result in a bad season so far. Hope we can build on this.
How did you manage to watch it. Are you out of country or something?

tangfastic
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Swansea City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by tangfastic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:17 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm
I truly think people need to get away from stats.

I watched the game on iFollow. Not the same as live, but you get to see the game. Cracking game.... and I’m sure Swansea felt they should have won it. But we also never caved in and everyone gave everything. The team should feel they deserved it.
A tame effort on goal from 30 yards which bobbles harmlessly into the hands of the GK is registered as a shot on target. An effort which whistles past the post with the GK struggling is registered as a shot off target. Decent Crosses which don’t get a touch from a striker don’t register anything. If people get turned on by stats... go w*nk off a statistician.

Great game. Great result in a bad season so far. Hope we can build on this.
How did you manage to watch it. Are you out of country or something?
Yes. Holland.

Post Reply