Great Memories in more than coincidence

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Great Memories in more than coincidence

Post by goldandblack » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 pm

what a coincidence in the opposition team and colours they wore that great day in history
I wonder what idiot decided the team should wear those colours to the Town.

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/searc ... tion=click

Tangfastic

Re: Great Memories in more than coincidence

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:55 am

In Beatties highlights video I’ve seen his rocket of a goal from that match and Whymarks first goal ( where Beattie outjumped two defenders), but can’t say I’ve seen that highlight video. Some brilliant goals... Whymark scored a couple of crackers and so did Mariner. I’d imagine anyone who went to that game must always remember that match. Just too young to have seen Beattie, Whymark in their pomp. Favourite goal was Whymarks second. Great one-two with Mariner. Great to watch.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:38 am

Yes that 4th goal!! Cracker. Think I remember Rossi saying Whymark was one of his favourites, ..... I can see why.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:45 pm

There was some great goals in that match. and Sandwell Town had a good team that season as well.I think you stuffed the turkeys 5-0 that season.
that's got to be a great season 8)

that was the season Wolves won the Div 1 title. Cloughs Forest came up with us along with Chelsea.