Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Back to Back wins?

Ipswich Win
57%
Q.P.R. Win
29%
Draw
14%

Total votes: 14

phily bon bon

Re: Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Two down at home to Qpr. Sadly 😔 😔

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Normal service resumed lol.

However, we will come back 2nd half.... watch this space 2-2 at the end.... and yes, I have been drinking 😂

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

It sounds like a load of sh*te to me, but as I was reminded yesterday there are two halves in a game of football. Three Town goals in the second half and none conceded and we’ll all be happy. 🙂

QPR have only scored 4 away goals so far this season, and f*ck me we concede 2 in the first 45 mins. With an og and a pen against it will be interesting to see if we’ve been unlucky or p*ss poor, sadly I expect the later.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm

It sounds like Gerken just kept us in the game after an error by Luke Chambers, that’s his first half error reprieved. Well done Gerks.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

God help us. We need goals and quick.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:23 pm

It's starting to look like Swansea was an aberration. So far QPR have had 10 shots with 4 on target. We've had 1 shot, nothing on target. Can it really be as bad as that suggests?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:32 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:53 pm
Normal service resumed lol.

However, we will come back 2nd half.... watch this space 2-2 at the end.... and yes, I have been drinking 😂

I am drinking too, hoping to numb the pain.
The double whammy is where i am going to even score a point from in the prediction league! :astroll: :lol:

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm

" Toothless, lightweight and shaky at the back" Sky Sports.

That, for me, sums up the season so far (Swansea excepted).

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Absolutely awful.

The boos at the end were justified.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:07 pm

When oh when will you Paul Hurst supporters accept his appointment was a mistake.

I know I’ll get some flack but how many more games are you guys prepared to accept before Evans pulls the trigger, surely we’re not going to have to wait till Christmas ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm

If people thought Swansea wasnt great please don't watch today's effort, f**king woeful.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Get rid please now! Enough.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:32 pm

well that was f**king beyond terrible, Paul Hurst hasnt got a clue. He plays a CB at RB a RB at LB leaves a LB on the bench takes off argubly our best player( and none of them were great today) plays sears up top on his own against giants, sears roaming wide and crossing to no one in the middle. Relegation looms large i kid you not we are in for a long hard season!!!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Old saying 2 swallows dont make a summer, Swansea was a one off result, i somehow thought we might gift QPR an away win, trouble is we aint got nothing in reserve to shore up that defence, i think we have to be prepared for the worst case scenario and get possible relegated this season, BUT lets see what our Owner does come January window, or before hand going by the looks of it, I'm with you Charners on this, it don't look good :shock: :shock:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm
If people thought Swansea wasnt great please don't watch today's effort, f**king woeful.

So Mike, do you see it improving, or do you thinbk its time to move on?

For me i think its getting worrying purely because i can;t see us getting up the league, God I hope I'm wrong, but as the weeks and games pass, i see no improvement in the attitued of the manager and players. Its almost like PH is another MM for me, his way and no other way.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:11 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:03 pm
Bluemike wrote:

For me i think its getting worrying purely because i can;t see us getting up the league, God I hope I'm wrong, but as the weeks and games pass, i see no improvement in the attitued of the manager and players. Its almost like PH is another MM for me, his way and no other way.
PH press conferences are getting very repetitive we gifted them goals they should have been avoided blah blah blah f**king blah

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Hand on heart KL, based on what I saw today then no, it really doesnt get much worse than that, as Trev said playing players out of position was something i thought was a thing of the past, also it doesn't matter who the owner or manager is if you have players who cant do the basics like pass a f**king ball to a team mate you have no chance. There wasn't a single positive to take from today, Skuse was far and away our best player, the rest for me were inept, Gerken made a howler but redeemed himself 2 or 3 times but I cannot praise any of the others.

Last week gave real hope going forward but today has wiped that out and I have to confess after today I am seriously concerned, I cant sit here and bemoan the appointment of Hurst cus I wanted him but at present it looks like it could be a experiment which is going horribly wrong, some wrote him off before a ball was kicked and it could be they will end up being Right, if you are constantly anti everything you will be right occasionally, unfortunately this looks like it could be one of those times.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 pm
K L Blue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Hand on heart KL, based on what I saw today then no, it really doesnt get much worse than that, as Trev said playing players out of position was something i thought was a thing of the past, also it doesn't matter who the owner or manager is if you have players who cant do the basics like pass a f**king ball to a team mate you have no chance. There wasn't a single positive to take from today, Skuse was far and away our best player, the rest for me were inept, Gerken made a howler but redeemed himself 2 or 3 times but I cannot praise any of the others.

Last week gave real hope going forward but today has wiped that out and I have to confess after today I am seriously concerned, I cant sit here and bemoan the appointment of Hurst cus I wanted him but at present it looks like it could be a experiment which is going horribly wrong, some wrote him off before a ball was kicked and it could be they will end up being Right, if you are constantly anti everything you will be right occasionally, unfortunately this looks like it could be one of those times.
all I can say Mike is that you and I must have been at different games. I paid particular attention to Mr Skuse today, just to see if I have been too harsh on him in the past. No, turns out I was right all along - he either passes backwards or astray, he never offers himself to other players, never plays the ball quickly, ducks out of aerial challenges, and spends all game following the ball at a leisurely pace like a facile furry-faced fárt rather than trying to find some space. Total waste of space in my opinion, as is the clueless and hopelessly out of his depth PH.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 pm

I wasn't at the game today, but fro what I heard on the radio along with the comments on here, ITFC is in a right mess and going downhill fast. Relegation is a very real threat.

Like many others I was not against PH's appointment and have not spoken out about him. I do question the number of signings he made so quickly and his judgement in assesing the abilities of some of them. With hindsight, I wonder what he himself now feels. With 14 games under his belt and no signs improvement it looks to me like he coming unstuck and I think ME should act now rather than later. However, who on earth will we attract who is any good given the position we are in.

Worrying times ahead, although Klug and co might be worth a punt. It will be difficult for him to do any worse than now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm

rossi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Bluemike wrote:
K L Blue wrote:

all I can say Mike is that you and I must have been at different games. I paid particular attention to Mr Skuse today, just to see if I have been too harsh on him in the past. No, turns out I was right all along - he either passes backwards or astray, he never offers himself to other players, never plays the ball quickly, ducks out of aerial challenges, and spends all game following the ball at a leisurely pace like a facile furry-faced fárt rather than trying to find some space. Total waste of space in my opinion, as is the clueless and hopelessly out of his depth PH.
That's the beauty of it Gary, we all see it differently, I genuinely thought he was the best of a very bad bunch but to be honest my judgement was waning from a very early stage

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 pm

well, what a load of cráp.

That's it in a nutshell, poor management, poor playing, all in all not up to championship standard.

Players not up to Championship standard, and a manager hopelessly out of his depth.

It has to stop now, before the damage caused thus far is unable to be unchecked and we fall into Division 1 - because under PH that is exactly where we are heading.

We were promised a new approach under an exciting hungry manager. I challenge anybody to tell me that what we witnessed today was any better than what we saw under MM. Actually it was far worse, as I firmly believ that had MM been manager today we would have got at least a draw against a very poor QPR team. I, personally, never liked MM as a manager, but had he been given the funding he would have surely got us promoted and we certainly would not be sitting where we are now.

I hope to God that the rumours surrounding Dozzel - that he will be leaving in January primarily because of PH - are true, because playing with the dross that PH has assembled will bring his game down.

When he was appointed, most on this board bigged-up PH. There were only 3 people as far as I'm aware - Charnwood, Derwck, and myself who expressed diasappointement from the start, yet those 3 of us are old fárts and have been watching football for years and probably know a bit of what we are talking about. I think it's time that the PH lovers accept that they were wrong.

I just hope that ME will realise what a big mistake he has made and will take swift action to redress the situation.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:10 pm
It sounds like Gerken just kept us in the game after an error by Luke Chambers, that’s his first half error reprieved. Well done Gerks.
It was a Pennington mistake, hopeless throw in left Chambo short.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 pm
rossi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Bluemike wrote:

That's the beauty of it Gary, we all see it differently, I genuinely thought he was the best of a very bad bunch but to be honest my judgement was waning from a very early stage
well Mike, for me today the only player who shone was Sears - worked tirelessly, caused them serious problems with his pace, and was consistently let down by the rest of the team in not giving him any support and pumping aimless high balls into the air for him to try to compete against 2 tall backs.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:19 pm

I can finally agree hurst has to go. He’s tactically inept. There’s no passion on the touch line. High press? Biggest load of bollocks... not sure we have pressed once all season? Why on earth is Pennington RB and Donacien LB? Hurst out, and I literally couldn’t give a toss who we bring in, Micky mouse, Homer Simpson or Louis Walsh? They couldn’t do worse.

Only thing I disagree with is Skuse, he was 100% the only player to turn up today... most of north stand lower seemed to be of the same opinion. He may as well have piggybacked Chalobah and carried Dozzell. He had to pass backwards because nobody moved ahead of him. Butttttttt if you like a player (as I do Skuse) then you look for the positives, and if you don’t (like a few on here) you look for the bad.

I usually hate sears but the poor sod has no chance. He made so many good runs today and nobody was on the same wave length.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 pm

I guess if we all agree it’s time for Hurst to go we have f*ck all to argue about, so let’s sit back and wait till we can start a discussion on who the new guy should be.

Now that should be fun cos I can’t imagine the short list will be very long, especially if Evans tells them they have no money to spend other than 50% of what they raise from selling the existing squad which won’t exactly raise a lot.

I bet Evans rues the day he decided not to give McCarthy any decent money to spend as therein lies the start of the problem.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Well, that escalated quickly.

Everybody here is a fan and we all want what's best for the club. Of course we are all disappointed by how the season has gone so far. It is understandable that tempers have frayed after what happened today but there is really no excuse for us attacking each other in these deeply personal terms.

I'm new to the forum this season ( having been a silent reader for a long time). I'm one of those who, from early on, expressed concern that we didn't have the players to play the type of football that PH wanted us to play. As game followed game I became convinced that both the players and PH were not up to the standard required in what I believe is the toughest league in the country.

My mantra has been ' toothless in attack, clueless in defence and a manager out of his depth'. I hope I have expressed my views respectfully and I will never attack another fan for holding a view different to mine.

We are having a really difficult season. I would give PH until the end of November to try to effect some turnaround. Much as I think he is out of his depth, I think he should be given a chance to prove me, and others, wrong. If he hasn't done the business by the end of November then by all means make the change. There will still be time, at that point, to avoid the drop.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:40 pm

As we all know, the one constant in our demise is ME. We've tried several significantly different managers without success. So Mr Evans, what next?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm

I said many moons ago I would have much preferred Evans to have left our football club before McCarthy but sadly there are very few investors around the world who would find our football club an attractive investment proposition.

Unfortunately with Marcus Evans in control there is only one place our club is heading and it isn’t pretty. Our only hope is that he see’s the light and starts digging deep in this long pockets of his otherwise the money he’s invested so far will be right down the drain.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:24 am

(Charnwood) I truly believe Evans realizes the extent of the problems his ownership has caused but the stubborn son of a bitch is content to stay in position and allow the club to be far from a primary concern in regards his other business "enterprises". What kind of owner would allow a succession of sh*t managerial appointments to occur as they have and furthermore refuse to put any substantial funding into the team to make it competitive ? The day he exits can't arrive soon enough, had over 10 years of the individual and as you rightly say until someone else comes in (with ambition and the best interest of the club at heart) we can expect little in the way of progression or indeed success.

As for the game itself not much to add that hasn't already been touched upon. Got the score late as been busy elsewhere but genuinely felt before time we could have got something from today. Stats indicate the opposition were value for their victory by way of chances created and once again we were ineffective by all accounts and showed nowhere near enough character to take something from the event.

One win in Thirteen is simply unacceptable. I wanted to allow Hurst a chance but this isn't working out as you would have hoped and he's not going to resign any time soon and as for termination of contract, Evans will do what Evans does best i.e. sit around on his as* largely oblivious to team concerns and allow the club to full further behind. Swansea was encouraging, say again maybe we weren't fully deserving of three points that day over the full ninety minutes but at least it was a step in the right direction. Seems we're going over old territory once again and this scenario is all to often for many's liking. That play off finish apart two or three years back, I haven't enjoyed a season here for some 10 or 12 years. That one particular individual should arrive around that time and set the club on a downward spiral would seem a little more than pure coincidence.

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 pm
Bluemike please just admit Paul Hurst is out of his depth and the team are sh*te.
What are you talking about? Where is Bluemike defending this garbage and what has he done to be told

I've been in disagreement with Mike over few issues throughout the years but we would never stoop down to your level of talking to people.

I was happy with the appointment of Hurst too but it doesn't seem to be working and he has to go. If that continues Mike will admit it too. He won't be accepting it. So why are you attacking him so viciously and over what?

If you're having a problem that Mike was happy when Hurst was hired then believe there are far worse things among our pathetic and weird fanbase. One of those is thinking that sentiments are the way forward hence every time there is a talk about new manager people waffle about losers like Burley or Butcher.

edited by Frosty