Marcus Evens

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Marcus Evens

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am

Is doing this club no favours. Has continually sold our best players, dismantled what teams we have had and gives managers nothing to work with. The players we have now are just not good enough at this level, and really have been thrown in at the deep end to drown. I have no problem with the effort, just simply not championship standard.
Paul Hurst, feel for the guy really. Yes he knew he would have little cash from Marcus. Yes he has tried to bring in good players on a budget and failed which is understandable as they are as rare as rocking horse poo. Hes now doing a mick mccarthy , swaping players in different positions, trying to fill holes where players arnt cutting it with players that are out of position and still not cutting it.
Everyone at PR seem to be trying, except mr evens. He gives the rare pre recorded interview, never really shows his ambitions for itfc to the fans. It seems to me, and i may be wrong, but he has got bored with itfc. I think its time he either gets out or starts to show a real interest in itfc and the customers who invest. If evens cant be arsed to invest why should the supporters. These supporters have been here long before Marcus, and will be here long after he has gone. The only trouble is, just what will we be left with when he does go. Right now the club needs leading from the top down, i would love to see Marcus come out and get involved. However, marcus is a private man and this will not happen, which is why people are getting frustrated. People are getting frustrated investing hard earned cash in a business which is failing with no answers or explanations from the owner. Is it time gans start voicing these frustrations not just on paul hurst and the players but to Marcus evans too?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Marcus Evens

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 am

Good post No.1, the only thing that concerns me is as Charny said last night and that is that there probably isn't too many investors queing up to buy us.

No secret I wanted Paul Hurst and I also feel really sorry for the guy, he knew the budget he was going to get to work with but he didn't know Waghorn, Garner and Webster would all jump ship, not even Evans can be blamed for that. I think it is fair to say that like most of us Hurst probably expected to have Huws, Adeyemi and Bishop available this season. Sometimes you can be a victim of circumstances. He's bought the best he could but at present they are not looking championship standard, probably because there are too many being blooded at once.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:05 am

Evans has always been the biggest problem, and something I’ve said for years now.

Town are in a steady decline, but that decline is increasing in its momentum, season upon season. That is clear to me. The problem is he can’t sell the Club, ( well he wont accept the offers made it appears). I can see Evans finally “ offloading” the Club once we are relegated for a nominal fee, just to clear a bad debt from his books. But we will be fooked as a going concern ( we are already I think).

Under the current regime, ( Evans, Hurst), the writing is on the wall as far as I’m concerned, and Town WILL be relegated this season. We WONT be coming back anytime soon as far as I can see, either.

I can also see Andre Dozzell leaving this Club in January, and he probably won’t be the last of our talented academy players t9 leave this Club. What Evans has done is basically asset strip ITFC, and I wish he would just F.U.C.K. Off now.

R.I.P. Ipswich Town F.C. a once great Club.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 am
Good post No.1, the only thing that concerns me is as Charny said last night and that is that there probably isn't too many investors queing up to buy us.

No secret I wanted Paul Hurst and I also feel really sorry for the guy, he knew the budget he was going to get to work with but he didn't know Waghorn, Garner and Webster would all jump ship, not even Evans can be blamed for that. I think it is fair to say that like most of us Hurst probably expected to have Huws, Adeyemi and Bishop available this season. Sometimes you can be a victim of circumstances. He's bought the best he could but at present they are not looking championship standard, probably because there are too many being blooded at once.
We are just not a good investment any more, no signs of getting out of the championship and the likelihood of relegation.
We need an oil sheik with billions who is a life time town fan. :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am

Failing that Ed Sheeran

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am
Failing that Ed Sheeran
Until everyone stops buying his records and then we are f*cked again. :wink:

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Frosty wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:00 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Failing that Ed Sheeran
Can you get a few billion for this forum Dave

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Absolutely Marvin, this forum is the next Google or Facebook ..... Still at a loss why the IPO was such a failure. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:12 pm

:D
Frosty wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:00 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Failing that Ed Sheeran

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Maybe Ed could re-release one of his songs in protest to Mevans’ running of the club ........
“Ipswich Town, The Shape of You”.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Well he could hardly name it after his song "Perfect" could he.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Or his latest Tour.... "Divide"