Leeds United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Anyone for a Town Win?

Leeds Win
60%
Town Win
25%
Draw
15%

Total votes: 20

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Leeds United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:50 am

Yeah as I said it could even be before Reading but it looks a natural time for it to happen, if it was down to me it would be today tbh.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:53 am

It could be any game from now on where Hurst gets the boot. If the next performance is that bad... it could be his last.

I think the next home game ( Preston ?) could be the one.... a baying home crowd can ultimately sway things.

I’ve lost faith in him in the last couple of games. It’s never been good enough this season, but if there was any spirit or togetherness, I can’t see it anymore. Making so many changes is such a desperate act ... and Evans must see this. He made the call in the final days of Jewell when he was stumbling around like a broken man and could well sniff the same odour of despair.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Im actually attending the Preston game, so if its his last I hope its at least an entertaining game. ! Given what we have witnessed recently I wont hold my breath.
I was hoping he might be gone by then and a new man in place...….

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:22 am
You’re right Mark we have been here before when that chump Paul Jewell was in charge, first rule don’t employ a Paul !

At this time in that season we only had 7 points compared with our current 9, but the difference then was that we had some half decent players in the squad like Aaron Cresswell, Carlos Edwards, Luke Chambers, N’Daw, Lee Martin, Daryl Murphy, DJ Campbell, Nigel Reo-Coker, Jason Scotland and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and in those names you can see a few goals, unlike that in the current squad. I think McCarthy added about another 10 players in the January transfer window, nearly all freebies and loans.

I think McCarthy held a nickname called the Magician and that’s exactly what we need now.

Can it be done twice, I sincerely hope so but I’m not feeling very optimistic this morning.
We could always ask magic to come back, Jim Magilton lol .We must have a few quid left after selling off wags,mags,&Webster.Hopfully get some half decent players in January.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:58 pm

I seem to recall bluemike mentioning a duo containing Luke Chambers as assistant manager. I am actually thinking that to have Chambers as a number 2 could be a very good idea at the moment, I think he has a big influence in that dressing room, he might not be someone that everybody loves as a player but I cant help think he is someone that we must do all we can to keep around the place, that capacity may be more into coaching/management in the not so distant future. He could continue playing for a year or two as well I guess. I don't know, just think he knows the problems of this club in and out and perhaps may be a good guidance for any new manager. With some of the comments Hurst has made it sounds like he perhaps underestimated the problems within this club more than the league itself, hes definitely hinting there are things that have to change if we are to succeed. I think that runs deeper than just budgets.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Walsall's not that bad of a ground BM :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:26 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:05 pm
Walsall's not that bad of a ground BM :D
Cheers mate, thats comforting to know lol, I bet it's a shytehole when I am making my way home to suffolk following a 0-4 drubbing though!!

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Walsall itself is a bit of a dump I'm afraid. The Bell is a decent pub as you're heading out of town towards the M6 though :mrgreen:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:22 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 pm
Walsall itself is a bit of a dump I'm afraid. The Bell is a decent pub as you're heading out of town towards the M6 though :mrgreen:
Put this on hold mate, we aint going down !!! Paul Lambert is coming to Town........

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:22 pm
mugen1 wrote:
Put this on hold mate, we aint going down !!! Paul Lambert is coming to Town........
with Bellamy as his number two :)

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:11 am
nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:55 pm
I truly hope PH is relieved of his duties in the morning. His position is untenable now and we need some change to at least get a different atmosphere at the club. Things can’t get worse than they are at the moent
I don't think that will happen until the International break depending on results against Millwall, Preston and Reading unfortunately.
Apologies you were right nicscreamer.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Does anyone think whoever comes in can get this squad of players, who may not be up to Championship standards, off the bottom of the table into a safe position? Given our style of play I honestly don't think we have the players who can score goals or the players who can stop goals. January will be the time to "strengthen" the squad but there are other teams in a much better position than us for players to go to. I know it's a doom and gloom post but I honestly don't see the landscape changing much for the better. This is a tough league and when you get down near the bottom it's a struggle to get away from it.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:07 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:11 am
nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:55 pm
I truly hope PH is relieved of his duties in the morning. His position is untenable now and we need some change to at least get a different atmosphere at the club. Things can’t get worse than they are at the moent
I don't think that will happen until the International break depending on results against Millwall, Preston and Reading unfortunately.
Apologies you were right nicscreamer.
I’m no mystic meg mate

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Watership Down wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 pm
Does anyone think whoever comes in can get this squad of players, who may not be up to Championship standards, off the bottom of the table into a safe position? Given our style of play I honestly don't think we have the players who can score goals or the players who can stop goals. January will be the time to "strengthen" the squad but there are other teams in a much better position than us for players to go to. I know it's a doom and gloom post but I honestly don't see the landscape changing much for the better. This is a tough league and when you get down near the bottom it's a struggle to get away from it.
What a new manager can do is play a RB at RB, a CB at CB, a LB at LB, not leave his best player on the bench and play a CM in his place out wide, he can also motivate his players and use the kids that Bryan Klug works so bloody hard to produce, finally he can try to go into a game without 7 bloody changes every week, so yes for me there is a lot a new manager can improve and it gives rise to hope.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Well, thank goodness for that. I was a Hurst fan was really surprised at the sheer number of players he brought. Al in the past now.

I would not object to Paul Lambert taking over, but whoever it is I wish them the very best of luck, because I think they care going need it in taking on a monumental task. I really hope they succeed: avoiding relegation will a success indeed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
mugen1 wrote:

Not another f**king Paul please...

I’m just catching up after another golf day, have I missed something ?...

Please tell me that useless wanker Hurst has gone ?

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
mugen1 wrote:
Thank f*ck for that!