ACT NOW EVANS FFS!!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

ACT NOW EVANS FFS!!!

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 pm

What the hell have YOU done to this once great Club, with yer money pinching!

J4ck22

Re: ACT NOW EVANS FFS!!!

Post by J4ck22 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Yep, get Hurst out now. I expected a struggle this season, but I also expected us to put up a fight. This is pathetic.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:22 pm

I feel almost sorry for Evans, in that I could almost apologize for the instances I've said a bad word in his direction but goddamn it the individual warrants the castigation it receives.

Came in when was it, 2007, and appointed one crap managerial name after another - the latest incumbent has shown little different - and spends the majority of ownership turning a blind eye to team adversities. Hell the club is crying out for someone with ambition and enough interest and financial dealing to make the team competitive but this is only going over old territory, nothing more.

Simple math, Hurst resigns or is forced out - a new owner arrives (let's face it they could hardly do worse than what we've endured for the past decade or are in possession of) and sets the club back on course for a return to EPL status and some margin of success from around the turn of the Millennium. As it is, it's been garbage from day one since the new owner came in, at least for the most part. It's essential he vacates his position, it can't continue as it is, something has to change.

As before, going over old territory.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:25 am

We can get rid of Hurst but we will still be left with all the same problems. I agree Hurst is making some strange decisions and with the number of new players we have it's not working but I don't see that by removing him and putting someone else in charge is actually going to make a lot of difference

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 am

If you look back at my posts over recent years you will see I’ve said so many times before that Marcus Evans is the problem and needed replacing before getting rid of McCarthy. In many ways the same situation exists today, but unfortunately Paul Hurst has nowhere near Mick McCarthy’s managerial experience or competence, hence this isn’t currently an option.

Whilst nothing should be impossible with 2/3rds of the season remaining, I find it difficult to see how we can avoid relegation with our current personnel, albeit owner, management and playing staff, all appear to be totally out of their depth.

I don’t know if anybody else did the same as me last night, but at half time and full time I switched over to watch WBA v Derby, It was such smart exciting football it was unbelievable that both matches were being played by teams competing in the same league, one could have easily been a Premier League game, whilst the other looked League Two at best, or at least the team in blue shirts did.

Sad days ☹️☹️☹️, and all of us who want to see a quick change have to realise this isn’t going to be an easy process and the situation could even get worse before it gets better.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 am

Yes I remember you saying this many times. And I think I always suspected you were correct however there was never any way Evans would have left with us in a fairly stable position. Mick ultimately had to go for a number of reasons however we have made a hash of things since. Hurst may not be a terrible manager but his recruitment in summer has made it near impossible for him and he's made it clear he gets more involved than most in those areas.

It very much is sad times and I don't see us getting out of this, it would take a miracle upturn.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:05 am

I've just watched PH's post match interview on twitter.

this is a comment from a Leeds fan on it, and I can't agree more with it

"Worse ITFC team witnessed at ER, Sad to see a great club on its knees, easy to say fans got what they wanted, its what the chairman wanted, someone cheap and can be used as a scapegoat, Hurst bad as Hockaday, out of his depth, Clueless, seen it all before at LUFC with Bates and Cellino"

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm beginning to think ME chose PH for his affordability rather than for the knowledge gained from due diligence in Hurst's selection process. How could the 'successful business man' pick such a seemingly unqualified person to manage ITFC? I'm really fed up with ME's inadequate running of the club...and I'm really fed up with my beloved professional football club being shyte! I'm tired of the false hope! I'm tired of the sh*t players and managers we've had to endure. I hope I wake up tomorrow and realize it's just been a nightmare!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Any new manager coming in will have to be as good managing upwards as he is managing down especially with Evans being so distant from the front line.