New Manager Odds....................

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

New Manager Odds....................

Post by K L Blue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Favourites (via Sky Bet):

Paul Lambert 1/5,
Tim Sherwood 6/1,
Nathan Jones 10/1,
Steve Bruce 10/1,
Simon Grayson 12/1,
Mark Warburton 14/1,
Mick McCarthy 14/1,
Paul Heckingottom 14/1,
Carlos Carvalhal 14/1.

Anyone take your fancy guys and girls?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: New Manager Odds....................

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Carlos Carvalhal for me out of that lot, all day long.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 pm

I think Lambert is the safest choice. He’ll need some money to bring in players in January but has the reputation to do that. For me he’s the likeliest to keep us up. Whoever it is, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with the current squad - will, for instance, Jon Nolan ever play for the club again?

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 pm

1) sherwood
2) Carvalhal
3) Lambert

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Living "North of the border" i am getting some quite interesting snippets, including this from a good friend..

'And now Paul Lambert! If he gets ex Norwich player Ian Culverhouse to join him, you will be on the way up. Culverhouse was the power behind the throne at Norwich"

Not sure the Culverhouse link would go down well here, but is not first time i have heard similar to the above statement made by others.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Carlos for me, followed by lambert. Deff not nathan jones, hes been gone too long.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm

I’d probably go;

1) Steve Bruce,
2) Paul Lambert
3) Carlos Carvalhal

All three tick most of my boxes and have the necessary management experience to do a decent job, all three are better equipped than Paul Hurst who ticked none of my boxes to be included on the short list. My main concern with Carlos Carvalhal is his 17 managerial appointments in 20 years with his only experience in the Championship being his 2 years at Sheffield Wednesday, although to be fair he did take them all the way to the play offs within that period.

The person best qualified to keep us up is Mick McCarthy but we don’t want him back do we.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:07 pm

If we get the same Paul Lambert that did so well in the championship with the scum then I am ok with that.
The Norwich link does not bother me as we have had numerous players from them who have done well playing in blue and white.
Why not a manager then.