Lambert tbc in the next 48 hours apparently

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert tbc in the next 48 hours apparently

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:49 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... t-48-hours

Looks pretty nailed on now . Lambert : Culverhouse partnership.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Lambert tbc in the next 48 hours apparently

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Not overly excited but a big improvement on his predecessor and probably at the top end of what we could have reasonably expected.

Welcome Paul Lambert, FFS do a good job.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Well I for one are well pleased with this if that's the new management team.
Huge task for Lambert but one he is well capable of.
Next season should be a good one for Ipswich

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:04 pm
Well I for one are well pleased with this if that's the new management team.
Huge task for Lambert but one he is well capable of.
Next season should be a good one for Ipswich

I hope you’re right Valleyroad, I certainly don’t see any reason for any Town fans to be disappointed.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 am

Skeptical about Lambert joining up should it occur. Don't care about his Norwich connections, he's good some worthwhile inclusions on his resume although recall his time with Aston Villa didn't work out as intended. I hope the club don't make a quick decision, I realize it's not a pre-season appointment and games are underway, but it's essential adequate time and consideration are undertaken by those responsible before a new name is confirmed. Lambert wouldn't be my first choice - far from it - but right now he has the relevant experience in team achievements -although as before you have to be aware of his deficiencies also i.e. fall from grace after what he accomplished with Norwich City.

Say again I care zero about that club involvement, it's all about this team and what he could do here, but as before there's areas of doubt that could (or will) jeopardize any chance of being a success here. I look to the future, try to see the bigger picture : would hope these sentiments are reciprocated by the club's higher authority before a new name is confirmed.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:04 am

As I said on another thread not at all sure about Lambert.
After the rumours about Doig if Culverhouse is appointed as Lambert’s number 2 I hope Evans has been able to find out exactly what the reason was that caused Villa to sack him and whether there was any truth in the bullying accusations.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:04 am
After the rumours about Doig if Culverhouse is appointed as Lambert’s number 2 I hope Evans has been able to find out exactly what the reason was that caused Villa to sack him and whether there was any truth in the bullying accusations.
I'm with you Shed, I'm not sold on Lambert. Think he's been doing the rounds and failing in recent years. I hope he proves me wrong, I'll be happy to eat humble pie. The Culverhouse thing is an interesting one as many Norwich and Colchester insist he was the key link in their success however clearly something happened at Villa. Supposedly culverhouse left Grantham a week or two back citing personal reasons. Perhaps this is just a coincidence and he won't be joining as well.

I keep hearing that Paul Lambert is an attack minded manager, are we sure about that as when I've seen his team's play (Norwich aside) I can't say I had noticed that

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:37 am

charlton837 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 am
Shed on tour wrote:
I'm with you Shed, I'm not sold on Lambert. Think he's been doing the rounds and failing in recent years. I hope he proves me wrong, I'll be happy to eat humble pie. The Culverhouse thing is an interesting one as many Norwich and Colchester insist he was the key link in their success however clearly something happened at Villa. Supposedly culverhouse left Grantham a week or two back citing personal reasons. Perhaps this is just a coincidence and he won't be joining as well.

I keep hearing that Paul Lambert is an attack minded manager, are we sure about that as when I've seen his team's play (Norwich aside) I can't say I had noticed that
Charlton
Like you if Lambert is appointed I hope I'm proved wrong. My fear is if he doesn't start to turn things around very quickly then I can see some of our supporters turning on him very quickly. I know his Norwich connection shouldn't come into it but believe me with some it certainly will and the last thing we need at this time is a continuation of the split in our support.
Sad and depressing times to be an ITFC supporter.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 am

I'm pleased if this happens, Lambo might at least keep us up.Hopefully we will get a good honeymoon period with some positive results.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:37 am
charlton837 wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:

Charlton
Like you if Lambert is appointed I hope I'm proved wrong. My fear is if he doesn't start to turn things around very quickly then I can see some of our supporters turning on him very quickly. I know his Norwich connection shouldn't come into it but believe me with some it certainly will and the last thing we need at this time is a continuation of the split in our support.
Sadly Shed with some of the morons who follow our club theses days they will have an issue with whoever is appointed.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:06 am

Shed on tour wrote:
charlton837 wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:

Charlton
True, Shed........, BUT....... could also turn into the fairytale of the century. Ex Nodge boss gets ITFC to the play-offs, EPL. Not this season of course, but maybe in a few years? That’d be awesome to rub that chestnut in the Nodge “double promotion” memories!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:11 am

Marko, they will be hating this potential appointment for sure, an ex hero and saviour of the club turning Blue lol, and as AylesburyBlue said yesterday it must be written in the stars we beat them for the first time in years with Lambert at the helm.

I just hope said morons do give the guy a break, seeing them last week against QPR made me realise that while everyone has an opinion giving these numbskulls one is akin to giving everyone a vote on Brexit, it should not have happened.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:15 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:11 am
Marko, they will be hating this potential appointment for sure, an ex hero and saviour of the club turning Blue lol, and as AylesburyBlue said yesterday it must be written in the stars we beat them for the first time in years with Lambert at the helm.

I just hope said morons do give the guy a break, seeing them last week against QPR made me realise that while everyone has an opinion giving these numbskulls one is akin to giving everyone a vote on Brexit, it should not have happened.
Don't worry Mike I will give him a chance :lol: I know your not referring to me and know the kind of person you are talking about. The type that said they wanted change then we bring Hurst in and its almost like some people have enjoyed watching him fail so they can moan again (im not referring to anybody on here with that comment, just some of the things I have seen on social media). I guess you will never appoint a manager that everybody is keen on.

Im feeling a little more optimistic today, it could be worse than Lambert and he will have my full support once hes announced.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am

Just received a very funny whatsapp msg from my “moron” youngest son in Australia,

Copy and pasted text: (in reply to Lambo possibly getting the ITFC job):
WHAT? That’d be like Hibs getting Craig Levein. F**K THAT SH*T!

:lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:06 am
Shed on tour wrote:
charlton837 wrote:

Charlton
True, Shed........, BUT....... could also turn into the fairytale of the century. Ex Nodge boss gets ITFC to the play-offs, EPL. Not this season of course, but maybe in a few years? That’d be awesome to rub that chestnut in the Nodge “double promotion” memories!
marko
That would be the dream scenario. Unfortunately for some reason though dreams relating to ITFC just never seem to turn into reality now. :cry:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 am

charlton837 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:15 am
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:11 am

Don't worry Mike I will give him a chance :lol: I know your not referring to me and know the kind of person you are talking about. The type that said they wanted change then we bring Hurst in and its almost like some people have enjoyed watching him fail so they can moan again (im not referring to anybody on here with that comment, just some of the things I have seen on social media). I guess you will never appoint a manager that everybody is keen on.

Im feeling a little more optimistic today, it could be worse than Lambert and he will have my full support once hes announced.
I am not speaking of you for sure Charlton and yes we all know the type of so called fan I speak of, as you say they lurk on all form of social media all the time spouting their bile against everything and anything the club does, fans my arse.

I am actually warming to the thought of Lambert but reading the Norwich fans comments it would seem Ian Culverhouse was the brains behind much of it and should he come here too they would be far more upset with that than the arrival of Lambert. The topic is up to page Five on the Pink 'Un by the way, I couldn't resist having a read LMAO.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am
Just received a very funny whatsapp msg from my “moron” youngest son in Australia,

Sort him out Marko FFS :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:34 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 am
marko69 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am

Sort him out Marko FFS :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Obviously the scum connection will be on the fans minds if indeed Lambert is appointed but lets not forget Joe Royle was a ex scum player and we all enjoyed what he brought to the club, goals galore. So lets just be mindful if he is appointed it can work out ok.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:59 am

Don’t care about the Norwich connection.

It will seriously p*ss of the Norwich fans if he does OK. He’ll be desperate to do well whatever club he manages. He knows he’s got to re-build his managerial career.... and, don’t forget, he’s got decent League 1 experience as well. Could come in handy next year.

If he can keep us competitive in the relegation battle by January, then I’d hope Evans would back him in the transfer window. I think that’s the biggest challenge.... trying to lift the squad in the next couple of months and keep us in with a shout.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:07 am

Can’t remember which manager was on a sticky wicket at Hibs,...... talk amongst some Hibs fans was to get John “Wee Robbo” Roberston. Talk amongst the remainder was an overwhelming “Aye right! Fk THAT!”

If he is confirmed, I think it should be expected that this unrest could happen amongst Ipswich fans. They may come across as idiots to begin with but if he turns the club around, they’ll soon jump on board.

If he doesn’t turn anything at all around...... expect abuse taken to a whole new level towards the ex Norwich & Celtic BSTD!!! :D

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:08 am

:) As i have stated yesterday, so long as Markus Evans fully supports PL and none of this penny pinching with funds, and allows Paul to build a strong squad, and also get rid of some of the dross we have inherited under PH, i can see a big clear out come January window, so best of luck Paul Lambert you have a lot to prove to some very sceptical fans

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am

Just found this tweet on a facebook page, sums it up really...………………………..

"Paul Lambert doesn't like Norwich, he walked out on them sued them for millions.
His appointment is also causing some of their fans deep distress.
We're bottom and in real trouble, Why any #ITFC fan could moan is beyond me."

I'd actually forgotten what a black cloud he's left the under.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Problem for me with Lambo....., he looks too much like Winston from Still Game. I’ll end up LMAO at his interviews.

https://youtu.be/8gPpe_eToF0

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Not to open old wounds, but didn't the budgies beat us 9-1 on agg when Lambo was there?

Who cares about the Norwich connection. To quote the movie Wargames on our current dilemma, "Hell, I'd p*ss on a spark plug if I thought it'd help!" He can't be any worse than what we have had.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Really wish people wouldn’t post stuff like that. Now I’ll need to go p*ss on a spark plug later to see what happens.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Just make sure its not plugged in!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Am hearing unsubstantiated reports that Alan Irvine might be Paul Lambert's No2.
You heard it here first :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:06 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:51 pm
Am hearing unsubstantiated reports that Alan Irvine might be Paul Lambert's No2.
Further to that Lambert & Culverhouse allegedly had a huge bust up at Villa and would never work together again. Noticeably they didn't pair up at Stoke.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Well Grantham Town's (Culverhouse's team) wiki page says their manager position is vacant. Don't know what that means really?