Leicester City Helicopter Crash

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lucy

Leicester City Helicopter Crash

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-46006470

Sad news coming out of Leicester tonight. I do hope everyone is ok.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Leicester City Helicopter Crash

Post by Frosty » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Not good, knowing a bit about helicopters, this won't be a happy ending.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Terrible news. It's heartbreaking that it's very unlikely there are any survivors (I hope to god I'm wrong).

Also with the news on Glenn Hoddle this morning today has been a horrible day for football.

Thoughts and prayers with all involved

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Luckily this happened 30-40 minutes after game. Could of been alot worse if spectators were still around.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Dreadful news from my adopted home city for the past 27 years. Leicester Chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his son regularly use the helicopter to commute to and from the ground from London to where he commutes from Bangkok for most home games. I’ll be very surprised if they weren’t both onboard possibly with other family.
I think the helicopter crashed a short way away from the ground in an industrial area otherwise there probably would have been more casualties.
Thoughts and prayers for all those onboard but not overly hopeful for any survivors.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 pm

It crashed in the staff car park :(

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:02 pm

On the Leicester City Forum and it's amazing to see so many fans from different clubs sharing condolences and well wishes. We all support different clubs but when tragedy strikes we all come together as 1.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:11 pm

It really does put football into perspective, tragic news.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:15 pm

The Owner sounds like a very respected and loved man.

Donating 2 million pounds of his own money to a Childrens Hospital in Leicester.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:22 am

Reminded me of the Matthew Harding incident some years back, there hasn't been confirmation at time of writing that the owner was indeed present on the vehicle but nonetheless people fear the worst and only time will reveal the full extent of casualties. Take the opportunity to pass sympathies to the families of those involved.

Glenn Hoddle taken ill earlier also but expected to make a full recovery. Unfortunately a Brighton and Hove Albion fan sadly passed on at their game with Wolverhampton today, I extent courtesies to the man's family and loved ones.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:11 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 pm
It crashed in the staff car park :(
Not sure where you got that from Lucy but I think it’s incorrect, had it been the staff car park the consequences may have been even worse if not bad enough already. This owners generosity also went well beyond the football club and the children’s hospital and was visible all over the City which is why he was so well loved by the peolple of Leicester not just the fans. I’m just hoping and praying his son wasn’t in the helicopter too but I fear he may well have been.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:16 pm

Staff Car Park E is what the news said last night.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Leicester City football club's owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his daughter were among five people on board the helicopter that crashed at the King Power stadium, sources say.

Mr Srivaddhanaprabha, his daughter, two pilots and a fifth person whose identity is not known are believed to have been on the helicopter that was engulfed in a huge fireball after it spiralled out of control and crashed at the ground on Saturday night.

Several bunches of flowers had been laid at the stadium on Sunday morning but police are yet to confirm any deaths or injuries. Mr Srivaddhanaprabha has two daughters named Voramas and Arunroong but it is not clear which one was on the helicopter with him.

He also has two sons - Apichet and Aiyawatt.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:54 pm

It’s being reported on bbc now that it was the owner, two pilots and two other people who were onboard, ...... his daughter was not onboard.

If you are correct Charnwood and he commutes Leicester to London, that thing would’ve been fairly hefty on the fuel...... everyone dead I’d imagine.

Sad day.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:25 pm
Leicester City football club's owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his daughter were among five people on board the helicopter that crashed at the King Power stadium, sources say.

Mr Srivaddhanaprabha, his daughter, two pilots and a fifth person whose identity is not known are believed to have been on the helicopter that was engulfed in a huge fireball after it spiralled out of control and crashed at the ground on Saturday night.

Several bunches of flowers had been laid at the stadium on Sunday morning but police are yet to confirm any deaths or injuries. Mr Srivaddhanaprabha has two daughters named Voramas and Arunroong but it is not clear which one was on the helicopter with him.

He also has two sons - Apichet and Aiyawatt.

I think it was his son Aiyawatt who is the Clubs Vice Chairman who traveled with his father to most home games. I’ve not seen him at the ground with a daughter although other dignitaries and friends often travelled with him.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm

So much speculation :(.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:59 pm

A reliable update information would seem Foxes Talk, one of their leading fans forums. News arrives to the minute but even there it appears mystery continues to the true identities of those involved. Reads confirmation that the club will release a further detailed statement once enough information has been established.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Has terrorism been ruled out?

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:16 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-46013381

As we all feared. Thoughts,prayers and condolences to his family and Leicester City Football Club.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-46006470

Sad news coming out of Leicester tonight. I do hope everyone is ok.

Lucy if you’ve seen the footage of this , I doubt anyone will come out of this alive. It was a Fireball!!

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:53 pm

Absolute tragedy.
Thoughts go out to his family 😪😪😪

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am

A sad loss to his family, Leicester City Football Club, and the people of Leicester. You will be very much missed by so many. RIP.
Thoughts too, to the others who lost their lives in this tragic accident and to their family and friends.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Saw the video from inside the stadium, absolutely nothing the pilots could have done. Just dreadful, RIP to the five onboard.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Latest speculation suggests the cause could be one of, the rear rotor coming into contact with either a drone or a large bird or flock of, or foul play.

I hope the last of these is quickly eliminated as that would be seriously worrying.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:57 pm

So lovely to see the Leicester players paying their respects in Bangkok

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 am

Yes the squad were in Thailand for some special ceremony to honor the owner. When they won the League two years back I don't recall huge amounts of money to have made it possible or substantial investment, they merely put together a team that played for each other or had more consistency than others. They must have realized at some stage of the season they could feasibly win the league and went for it, more power to them.

Owner seemed a fine honorable man, sorry again while time permits itself to the families of those involved. As mentioned the idea of sabotage or criminal intent is a possible theory that could be entertained but it's mere assumption (and) mechanical error would seem primary focus as to how this incident came about.