Is this the season we go down?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mr Reality

Is this the season we go down?

Post by Mr Reality » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Having been a long term supporter of town and going through the ups and downs of top league back to the championship is this really the season we go down to the lower league of league one.
Right now paul lambert has come in with no money to spend, having inherited probably the worse squad of players i can ever remember no fire power for goals and a capt that should have left at the start of the season by far the worse capt ever to wear the armband at ipswich its leave us with very little quality other than a youth system that lacks experience.
We have players out on loan we now should recall all of them because again they cant be mich worse than the tripe that is currently playing at the moment.
So again i say i realky think that this is the season we go down

derick_ipsw

Re: Is this the season we go down?

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 am

I don't agree he is are worst captain, I just don't think he is a good enough player. He has been all over the place since MM has left and so has Bart. I would not play Chambers at the moment and I would get Woolfie back from his loan spell. Worst squad that I can remember. If things don't improve then the answer to your question is quite simply YES!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:30 am

Chambers has been ok for most of the season.... but is looking more and more shaky. Not sure he’s the main problem.

Not sure where Lambert starts. You can say focus on defence ... or up front... as we leak too many goals and don’t score enough. Defending set pieces should be a priority.... and also taking set pieces. We’re not looking good all over the pitch, but if we don’t have any control in midfield our defence will come under more pressure and then we can’t create chances. I’d love to see us gain more control in midfield and actually start stringing passes together.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:56 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
Having been a long term supporter of town and going through the ups and downs of top league back to the championship is this really the season we go down to the lower league of league one.
Right now paul lambert has come in with no money to spend, having inherited probably the worse squad of players i can ever remember no fire power for goals and a capt that should have left at the start of the season by far the worse capt ever to wear the armband at ipswich its leave us with very little quality other than a youth system that lacks experience.
We have players out on loan we now should recall all of them because again they cant be mich worse than the tripe that is currently playing at the moment.
Sorry mate but that's absolute BS. All opinions I know but I don't see how you can substantiate that claim. I would go as far as to say hes one of the best captains I have seen at this club (albeit I am only 29). I think its a fair claim to perhaps say hes lacking in some areas as far as being a player at this level these days but I cant see how anyone can question his leadership skills. I hope we keep him involved in this club for a long time to come and eventually give him a chance to be a manager as I think he would do very well at it. If we can find a better CB to put in the team then fine I have no problem with that at all, just the claim you made was much more than just his playing ability.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 am

I suppose at the end of the day, we have to accept that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that is Mr Reality’s reality. Welcome to the forum by the way.

There is no getting away from the fact that he is having increasingly poorer games, (Swansea aside) ....., but he’s also having to deal with the pressures of being that person to keep spirits up amongst the players. Even if he is world class at that, it would all have been 100 times more difficult in the past 6 or 7 weeks. Definitely bound to affect the psyche of the guy. He’s not a robot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm with Charlton, that isn't even an opinion, to say he's the worst player would still be wrong in my eyes but I could accept it, to say he's the worst captain is something I would expect from a Norwich fan on a wind up. Chambo is a fab captain.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
Number of points here but time is minimal, keeping it short :

#1 Don't believe the team could or will fall into lower league. Too many players possess the ability but not the inclination. (However) With the right motivation or pep rally the belief can return and take the club away from the more threatening positions the league has to offer.

#2 Lambert may be stuck for investment but that's not to say none will be available. Evans has to realize any financing is critical for the team to challenge and be competitive. It's not as if there isn't a pot to p*ss in, just requires the manager getting hold of adequate funding.

#3 I don't get to see Chambers in action as frequent as some others but he's had a number of positive reviews and plaudits - too often to label the kid something as quote 'Worst Captain in club history''

Bottom line I've been with the team since around circa 1977 and been with it all bar an actual top league Championship so feel I got pretty good instincts on each season as it progresses. Say again the club and respective players aren't League One material, all it requires is enough consistent belief and dedication and the rest will take care of itself.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:26 pm
I'm with Charlton, that isn't even an opinion, to say he's the worst player would still be wrong in my eyes but I could accept it, to say he's the worst captain is something I would expect from a Norwich fan on a wind up. Chambo is a fab captain.

Ive smelt a Rat as soon as it was posted , but didnt want to be the first one to ring the budgie clanger alert :lol: . Theyre not very clever tbh, same old shyte from them whenever they post on here under the gueiss of being a Town fan.

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:19 pm

See thats the problem straight away “im a norwich fan “ rolls eyes
As already said the prawn sandwich fans wont see the reality of the situation and seeing through rose coloured glasses wont solve our issues.
I stand by my statement regarding chambers and the last 10 years backs that up.
Hes miles apart from matty holland who was by far the best and the best capt who led by example.
As for the club you might want to star arranging your travel arrangment for shoddy nights away at burton, walsal, fleetwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm

You ? You might want to start your travel arrangements? Not "we" then ? And as for Chambers I am quietly confident he hasnt been here 10 years. It sticks out like a sore thumb, the timing of you joining the forum for one thing and then first post wading right in with the going down thing, some will buy it, not me.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:19 pm
See thats the problem straight away “im a norwich fan “ rolls eyes
As already said the prawn sandwich fans wont see the reality of the situation and seeing through rose coloured glasses wont solve our issues.
I stand by my statement regarding chambers and the last 10 years backs that up.
Hes miles apart from matty holland who was by far the best and the best capt who led by example.
As for the club you might want to star arranging your travel arrangment for shoddy nights away at burton, walsal, fleetwood
So when Norwich were in League 1, which is far more recently than Ipswich have been. Where was the best places to go for a drink? I thought "YOU" might know.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Interestingly, Southampton, Huddersfield and Brighton were also in League 1 in 09/10 with Norwich. Leeds also.

Lambo does love a double promotion.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 pm

A single promotion and a champions league winners medal will need to do for PL & ITFC.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm
You ? You might want to start your travel arrangements? Not "we" then ? And as for Chambers I am quietly confident he hasnt been here 10 years. It sticks out like a sore thumb, the timing of you joining the forum for one thing and then first post wading right in with the going down thing, some will buy it, not me.
I think it’s a nodge kid... it’s just finished being half term hasn’t it ?

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Oh how wrong you all are.
Loudnproud is a very good mate of mine 😊😊
As i have said ive been a fan of ipswich since 1973.
I was a full season ticket holder and watched great games and first game was against villa was unlucky not to go in 78 and im 81.
Went to the play offs in 2000 with my face painted blue n white
Seen some great game BUT since evans has taken over well its been disaster after disaster.
Kean, jewell, big mac, hurst and now lambert 🙈
I

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:25 pm

Well keep posting and all the doubters will soon come round. You can't blame us we do get the odd scum poster talking sh*te.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Maybe not a Norwich fan.... maybe an old poster who’s been red-carded before. Who cares..... if it is a Norwich fan they only get their kicks if someone takes the bite.

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:35 pm

I dont doubt it ive got many a norwich friend and ive had to put up with there banter for the last few years 😂 ive just uploaded my avatar youll notice its the late great simply brilliant kevin beatie with my good self and couple of years ago.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 pm

That picture is even more special to you now after the passing of the great man I imagine.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:06 pm
Seen some great game BUT since evans has taken over well its been disaster after disaster.
Kean, jewell, big mac, hurst and now lambert 🙈

Well Mr Reality, you’ve certainly taken the shine off Paul Lambert and got me rather concerned. How correct are you normally with your “realities”? Paul Lambert is going to bomb? Is this the reality, in your opinion?

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

The problem is we lack attacking players with any quality and we still have nov n dec before we can even think of buying any players to strengthen, and the reality we could have pep here i just dont see how anyone is going to get this squad to compete and keep us in touch the 4th from bottom.
Lambert aint a bad manager and maybe by some miracle he gets some results but i just dont see it.
The writing has been in the wall for a few years with relegation and while the football was shocking and mick lost the fans respect he kept us in the league, so for me the reality is we will be playing league one football next season 😪
Ps a message from loudnproud hes still waiting for a link to be sent so he can reset his password coz hes forgotton 😂😂😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Well if that is indeed you Mr reality I will be the first to apologise, not sure i'm keen on the username though, mind you a friend of Dave you say ? that's it then, you are definitely banned :D :D

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Its me fella and whats dave done 😂😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Im only kidding

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Dave has organised some good Fortuna away days that we've been on, so any one who's a mate of Dave cant be bad :D :D

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:06 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm
Dave has organised some good Fortuna away days that we've been on, so any one who's a mate of Dave cant be bad :D :D
I went to the pre season match against Fortuna a couple years back. That was a great weekend. Think we had about 500 or so there. Also did a tour of the Fortuna stadium which was pretty cool

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Fortuna were hammered 7-1 the other week by Eintract Frankfurt, and 3-0 @ Home on Saturday by Wolfsburg. They’re having some issues themselves at the moment......, but....... only 2nd bottom!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:18 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 pm
Its me fella and whats dave done 😂😂

I’m still trying to put s name to your picture lol!!

Could stick with “ Dave’s mate” I suppose

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Maybe he supports Norwich & Ipswich,funny enough ive met a few.Usually fair weather supporters though,I remember when Ipswich were playing in Europe, loads of Norwich fans in the pub cheering on the blues :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Think you need to go back to post war 40s to hear stories of Hibs and Hearts combined fans.
Fk that sh*t.