Lambs press conference link

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambs press conference link

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:38 am

derick_ipsw

Re: Lambs press conference link

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:02 am

Who was the pr*ck who only wanted to ask questions about the scum? ffs.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 am

I must say I liked how he spoke. Seems a very sensible, down to earth guy. Much more professional sounding than Hurst and I have high hopes.... Maybe delusional, but high lol

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Guess that was to happen though Derick, even though very annoying.

Thing is Paul handles that and everything great. He really came across brilliantly and that was 'FUN' to watch, no cringing or shaking my head.

Paul seems that most important thing is fun and that's music to my ears. Really do wish him well he seems so genuine a nice guy, lets hope for the best

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:42 pm
Guess that was to happen though Derick, even though very annoying.

Thing is Paul handles that and everything great. He really came across brilliantly and that was 'FUN' to watch, no cringing or shaking my head.

Paul seems that most important thing is fun and that's music to my ears. Really do wish him well he seems so genuine a nice guy, lets hope for the best
Agree he came over very well. He does give me hope, just hope the players buy into as well

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:32 pm

Lambert all in black, seems appropriately dressed for the occasion.

Wasn't possible to view the video in it's entirety although if Norwich questions are put forward it can only be because it's relevant. Hell Lambert was with them and endured some commendable achievements, of course questions will come to the fore about his previous employment or what he can produce with a new team.

After the garbage from Magilton through to Hurst it's imperative the club appoints someone with vision and a can-do demeanor. Whether Lambert fits that profile is open to question but by God this club needs a kick in the as* to move forward and regain something approaching it's previous stature.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:00 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:02 am
Who was the pr*ck who only wanted to ask questions about the scum? ffs.

I think his name is Tom, and he’s from BBC Norwich. So no prizes for guessing which team this tw@ supports. Hes an inbred, scum!

Lambert dealt with the media’s loaded questions very well I thought. I think the level noise coming out of scumville indicates just how much they are smarting about Lambert becoming a Town manager.

“Lambert is a Blue, is a Blue,
Lambert is a Blue, he hates the scum”

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey Derick, if you watch that again, that guy Tom, his very last question Paul answered with, “......., but this is a massive club with a big history, UEFA Cup and that......”
What a f**king dig at Tom the canary!
Fkn take a bit o that Tom ya bawbag!

Nice one, Paul........ totally meant, and B E A utifil! :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 pm

https://youtu.be/X_gji-kHM4g PL first Town Interview

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:12 pm

All these snippets of footage is making it very VERY exciting for the remainder of this season. I hope the lads step it up like Paul clearly wants and things get moving vs Preston NE.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Certainly think we're lucky to have Lambert, I really do feel for Hurst in all this, but fair play to Evans for acting quickly and getting in a solid replacement.

That's as much praise for Evans as you'll ever get out of me, the bloke is destroying the club. Looking back at his scripted 'interview' before the season that had some many people fooled and praising him, the bloke makes decisions to benefit no one other than himself.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Just got to hear interview in full, he comes across really well and oozes confidence which is very important, I think it sounds very much like we will finally get the on the front foot style we have been craving. Feeling very optimistic for the rest of the season ahead.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:54 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm
https://youtu.be/scQ27I4zwFM worth a watch
Mick has shaved his head and become our fitness coach

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:18 am

I know I said I'm not sold on Lambert (and actions will speak louder than words) but it was a good start from him yesterday. He came across very assured and relaxed. But I think he answered the questions well and basically said all we want to hear. He certainly came across experienced in the way he dealt with the press conference and he seems excited to be here. After a few temp jobs in wondering if he sees this as his first building job for a while and perhaps that excites him. Anyway welcome on board and I'm very much looking forward to the match on Saturday

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:46 am

And as he gets older, he’s starting to imitate Kenny Dalglish. That can only be good at press conferences. There could be a great number of “matter of fact” replies to arsehole journalists. A great thing. Probably never make Gordon Strachans level of “matter of factness” but still, a great thing.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 am

It will be fascinating to see the starting line up for saturday. Still not sure how we can fix the goal (or even shot) drought, lack of creativity and defensive errors overnight (and am sure we wont eradicate them all immediately) but one thing is for sure, this season is a real roller coaster ride already! Hold on tight and enjoy. Can't wait for saturday now and that after sufffering leeds and millwall and coming away feeling very depressed... all of a sudden i am buzzing again - lets get behind PL and the boys and start to pull our way back!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:58 pm

You'll remember people were excited and eager when Keane, McCarthy and Hurst were appointed in position here, lo and behold no need to elaborate what occurred with each individual tenure. Can't remember Jewell for some reason, maybe some were indifferent to that one i.e. don't seem to recall the same frenzy when his name was confirmed following his predecessors exit.

Let's have it right, I got no real issue with Lambert with coming in - wasn't a decision for everyone - but how many instances has there been when a high profile name of sorts took over team affairs or people were expecting some accomplishment, only to be failed considerably. Following this club has a tendency to leave you cautious after so many previous spells and incidents, I look to the clear lack and effort of previous games and (with it) team disarray and wonder if Stein, Paisley and Chapman together could do a thing with it.

Don't wish to be pessimistic, perhaps own demeanor intruding on other areas, but been caught out too many times with expectation and false pretenses. Shall be interesting to see how Lambert approaches the first game and his record by end of year, I accept promotion is between slim and zero this season but guess he's a got a certain point plan to implement what is expected.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 am
It will be fascinating to see the starting line up for saturday. Still not sure how we can fix the goal (or even shot) drought, lack of creativity and defensive errors overnight (and am sure we wont eradicate them all immediately) but one thing is for sure, this season is a real roller coaster ride already! Hold on tight and enjoy. Can't wait for saturday now and that after sufffering leeds and millwall and coming away feeling very depressed... all of a sudden i am buzzing again - lets get behind PL and the boys and start to pull our way back!
Wilf do you go to all the away games too ? If so I am bound to have at least seen you around as you get to know everyone in some shape or form .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm

I think we are going to see a few of our Academy kids now- and if it’s possible to bring back those sent out on loan in Jan , I can see that happening too.
# The TownarestayingUP

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm

:roll: I'm not expecting a quick change to results, BUT if the squad doesn't start to perform and knuckle down with some positive play, PL will be aggressive and the ones that don't perform will be gone pronto, i still think he will look to bring in a couple of defenders and possibly a target man, a Peter Crouch type will do nicely, so lets see if we can turn Preston over :D :D

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:23 pm

I go to those that I can, Mike. I travel a lot with my work all over the world so sometimes can't do games but i try whenever possible. My daughter usually comes too as i have been taking her to games since she was about 7 and she is now nearly 28! She really needs to see some success cos we were all lucky to see the good times and didnt even know just how good it was - its a funny old life isn't it? I thought i saw you (or someone that looked like your avatar pic) at millwall and was going to come and say hi and to ask how i could get access to the forum again but you had moved away for a beer or something by the time i got close! After the game i was too despondant to speak to anyone! Then i saw Dave's email and here i am! Glad to be part of the discussion. Will come and say hi when i next see you (if it is you) 😀

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Btw - if who i saw was you, Mike, you will have been almost exactly in the middle of the goal and just below my row so probably about row L? Was that you or a random stranger that i would have been stalking? 😬

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 pm

Wilf, I was pretty much standing where you say you saw me so probably was me yes, come over and say hi next time mate.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 pm

I will indeed! 👍