Under 23s

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BLUEBLOOD

Under 23s

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:27 pm

Ten unbeaten for the U23s

Town's U23s secured a 2-0 win against Bristol City last night to remain top of the Professional Development League Two South table.

Shane McLoughlin netted from the penalty spot 17 minutes in before Robins defender Tom Harrison turned the ball into his own net approaching half-time.

Blues are now 10 matches unbeaten having not lost since early August.

Gerard Nash's side are next in action when they face Cardiff City at Portman Road on Monday (November 5).

Hope for the future if they can all step up into the 1st team.

Tangfastic

Re: Under 23s

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:01 am

Does anyone go and see the under-23’s on a regular basis? Be good to hear some reports on players who look like they could step up.

I’d be surprised if Lambert dumped a bunch of these young players straight in ... I think he’lljust try and improve with what he’s got in the senior squad. Come January.... I think he’ll go for experienced loans to try and solve a short term problem with a short term solution.

Downes did himself no harm on Saturday and I really like the look of Lankester.... so hoping these two youngsters push on. I’m trying to think of youth players over the last 10 years who went on to make 50 plus appearances for us and all I can think of is Smith, Hyam and Bishop. Their careers seem to have fizzled out here.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 am

The step up from U23’s to Championship football is massive, and I think to make it work successfully, you can only introduce players one at a time, preferably integrating them into an already decent side rather than expecting them to improve a poor side, if that makes sense.

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:14 am

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:27 pm
Ten unbeaten for the U23s

Town's U23s secured a 2-0 win against Bristol City last night to remain top of the Professional Development League Two South table.

Shane McLoughlin netted from the penalty spot 17 minutes in before Robins defender Tom Harrison turned the ball into his own net approaching half-time.

Blues are now 10 matches unbeaten having not lost since early August.

Gerard Nash's side are next in action when they face Cardiff City at Portman Road on Monday (November 5).

Hope for the future if they can all step up into the 1st team.
Well that sums the club up why not start with the under 23’s surely cant so no worse than the shower of poo currently being played

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 am

Somehow I don’t think this would be a very good idea 🤔

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:35 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 am
Why not fella cant do no worse can they???

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:35 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 am
Why not fella cant do no worse can they???

Playing as a team in the Championship they’d get eaten alive.