Level of which we are at

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Level of which we are at

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm
Wow - that all escalated quickly! Having read the initial post again, I can see that it could be read out of context and therefore be interpreted as very negative. I have to say however that i am not sure that is how it was intended (just my view) but nevertheless, its immaterial now as our friend here has been ex-communicated it seems!

So for me, Saturday was a vast inprovement on recent weeks. We look like a team again and have a few new options (ie Rowe and Roberts) to add to what is not an awful set of individuals - even if we have all seen better! We are 5 points adrift in a league where anyone can beat anyone on a given day - all with 30 games left to play. Why would we throw the towel in already? I for one am not that defeatist and I am sure our players and manager are not either! 2 weeks can change the whole complexion completely and we are still a long way from guaranteed relegation in my opinion. Yes, it will be tough and yes, we are in a scrap - but doomed? You must be joking! If we all went into things with that attitude in other aspects of our lives, we would be in a pretty sorry state. Onwards and up for the fight - thats my view and until its mathematically out of our hands (which at worst is still several months away), lets stop moaning and enjoy the '4 place' league we are in! Better that than mid table mediocrity yet again....
Sorry Wilf, with all the ridiculous nonsense going on last night I missed the real guts of your post. Indeed you are right, we are not doomed just yet, believe me when I say that I am probably one of the most positive and upbeat Town fans around, sometimes too much that occasionally I dont see the wood for the trees. I have to say defeat at Reading Saturday will see us Eight points behind a team at the very cusp of the relegation battle, for me that really would see us in the mire, so much so I would see relegation as a virtual cert, Saturday's game in my view is critical.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:57 am

I have just looked back to Page 629 through to page 620. The amount of names that use to post is quite shocking. Where have all those opinions gone? Its quite sad, it was nice to see Rossi, hallam and Earl Blue as the names I recognized. Maybe people are bit put off saying something that is on there mind just in case they get jumped on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 am

I think like all forums Derick, (Hibs forums included) they’re all less busy due to FB and other social media outlets. Definitely not because of opinions being jumped on...... maybe some choose to not post because of that, but definitely not the majority. And I am using other forums as an example similar to this one, that’s not an opinion.

It’s all about the tweetin these days!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:09 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 am
I think like all forums Derick, (Hibs forums included) they’re all less busy due to FB and other social media outlets. Definitely not because of opinions being jumped on...... maybe some choose to not post because of that, but definitely not the majority. And I am using other forums as an example similar to this one, that’s not an opinion.

It’s all about the tweetin these days!
Good point, I hate FB and Tweeting.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:15 am

Yep, same. People posting a picture of their breakfast?! :lol: feck off!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:20 am

By the way, had a nice sausage egg McMuffin earlier.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:21 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:20 am

:D

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:24 am

People who share their views are okay, but there are a tiny minority who don’t do this, some deliberately wind up and that spoils it for those who take it serious.
Mach hates skuse, I’ve never seen him jumped on...
Charnwood has has very negative days BUT he also havs positive ones - doesnt get jumped on.

If someone if deliberately winding up those who use the forum correctly and invest time into it then they need to go. I am a massive culprit for going OTT and getting ‘personal’ to such posts, but only because I want new members to see the forum doesn’t tolerate wind ups (especially in times of pain) and because every time I retaliate that person bites back meaning admin can act. BUT I’m toning it down now, as someone said earlier in this post ignoring him would have been a powerful option and I think that’s probably a better approach moving forward.

I will make an effort to be more tolerant to negative views (even those i think are wind ups), IF those who think they may get harsh treatment just re read there post before sending it, see if it could be perceived as a wind up and not just an opinion....

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:53 am

Nice post Aylesbury, and definitely a fitting post to draw a line under it all.

Here....... have this hash brown....., feckin hate them!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 am

Marko has hit the nail on the head as to why old posters dont post anymore, I think it is great in recent times that we have a few new and decent posters, Marvin, Johnny, Wilf to name but Three, there are others. If people are so delicate to a bit of confrontation these are not the kind of places to be spending time on.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 am

f*ck off AB, anyone who knows me will tell you I’m probably one of the most positive people on the planet with a glass always half full, I’ve never written a negative post in my life the nearest to which would have been my judgement that Paul Hurst was a totally inappropriate appointment as Town manager which proved to be absolutely correct.

I think you’d struggle to find many Charnwood “very negative days” although you may find an odd day when i’ve deliberately taken an opposite view for the purpose of being argumentative, unfortunately that is one of my weaknesses.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:32 am

Ok....... was wrong........ THAT is the post to draw a line under it.......

Cappuccinos all round and a wee toffee latte there for Hallam.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:34 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:59 am
.....although you may find an odd day when i’ve deliberately taken an opposite view for the purpose of being argumentative, unfortunately that is one of my weaknesses.......
Charnwood says: HEY FK YOU...... I WANT THE TOFFEE LATTE :D

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm

marko69 wrote:

What a lightweight should have gone for the double :D

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 am
Blue Wilf wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm
Wow - that all escalated quickly! Having read the initial post again, I can see that it could be read out of context and therefore be interpreted as very negative. I have to say however that i am not sure that is how it was intended (just my view) but nevertheless, its immaterial now as our friend here has been ex-communicated it seems!

So for me, Saturday was a vast inprovement on recent weeks. We look like a team again and have a few new options (ie Rowe and Roberts) to add to what is not an awful set of individuals - even if we have all seen better! We are 5 points adrift in a league where anyone can beat anyone on a given day - all with 30 games left to play. Why would we throw the towel in already? I for one am not that defeatist and I am sure our players and manager are not either! 2 weeks can change the whole complexion completely and we are still a long way from guaranteed relegation in my opinion. Yes, it will be tough and yes, we are in a scrap - but doomed? You must be joking! If we all went into things with that attitude in other aspects of our lives, we would be in a pretty sorry state. Onwards and up for the fight - thats my view and until its mathematically out of our hands (which at worst is still several months away), lets stop moaning and enjoy the '4 place' league we are in! Better that than mid table mediocrity yet again....
Sorry Wilf, with all the ridiculous nonsense going on last night I missed the real guts of your post. Indeed you are right, we are not doomed just yet, believe me when I say that I am probably one of the most positive and upbeat Town fans around, sometimes too much that occasionally I dont see the wood for the trees. I have to say defeat at Reading Saturday will see us Eight points behind a team at the very cusp of the relegation battle, for me that really would see us in the mire, so much so I would see relegation as a virtual cert, Saturday's game in my view is critical.
Wonder how PL will approach this one, we need wins but a point will not be a complete disaster. They have scored 6 in their last 2 home games.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Charnwood, either I haven’t worded things well or you have misunderstood. I’m not suggesting you ‘are’ negative, more that you can be when you have reason to be. It wasn’t meant as a dig.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm

I think occasionally we all just need a group hug! :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm
f*ck off number 9!! :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Well done Mr. Reality.... you’ve created the thread that doesn’t die. f*ck off everyone.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:50 pm

Bring back Mr Reality he was breath of fresh air. :lol: :

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm
marko69 wrote:

What a lightweight should have gone for the double :D
:lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 pm
Charnwood, either I haven’t worded things well or you have misunderstood. I’m not suggesting you ‘are’ negative, more that you can be when you have reason to be. It wasn’t meant as a dig.

Don’t worry about it Tom, unlike others on here I’m not offended easily and can take criticism as well as dishing it out. 🙂

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm
number 9 wrote:
Cor, a bit harsh Ricco! Now I really need a hug! :cry: :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:29 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm
Ricco wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm
number 9 wrote:
Or a (Mr) Reality check. :)

Out of interest ..... it seems like Mr Reality has been outed as a former poster.... who was he/she from their former posting days?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:04 pm
Apologies, I think we've all got it out our system's now! :lol:
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:29 pm
Out of interest ..... it seems like Mr Reality has been outed as a former poster.... who was he/she from their former posting days?
Mr Loves The Sound Of His Own Voice may have been a bit more apt, can't find a former member with that name though.

It's a shame that when things get a bit spiky on here that some members see it as an opportunity to come out and have a pop at others. I don't know what the solution is, unless a debate is split down the middle, then one side of the argument is always going to feel repressed or shouted down. I'd implore those people to stay involved in the forum, make a more bulletproof argument, perhaps not take things too personally, perhaps avoid certain members and realise there are plenty of others that value their input??

I think one reason that the forum is a good place to be is that moaners aren't well tolerated, every Town supporter feels pain and sees problems within the club, but we don't choose to come on here and incessantly state the obvious. Not one of us is happy that the club find themselves propping up the table, but the place is still a pleasant place to be, that is because there isn't 100 threads moaning and whining, in fact there are none other than Mr Reality's. Before he had even posted anything his name shouts "You're all deluded, you know nothing, I know everything, gather round and listen to me moan". Now I'm moaning! Group hug number9, GROUP HUG!