Level of which we are at

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mr Reality

Level of which we are at

Post by Mr Reality » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Having got a full low down on yesterdys game from my bro and my son who went to the game, our level of football and players we would currently struggle in league 1.
Lambos come in and couldnt even galvinise a win against a very poor preston side.
We having reading next then brommy at home followed by another home game against bristol.
Im gone be realistic i can see a max of 1 point from those 3 games at best.
Our defence is a shamble and our strike force well second lowest scorers in the league bolton being the 1 less than us.
-14 goal difference is like saying we are 6 pts adrift.
Fans are saying we can strengthen in jan by then we may too far a drift.
Until we have a capt that leads by example, a midfield that can supply the strikers and strikers who can score goals from open play our demise may well sorted by jan and playing for our pride.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Level of which we are at

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 pm

This reads more like a post from Mr Bumble than Mr Reality 🤣😂🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 pm

That's Two threads started now having a pop at "your team" is this going to be the way of it ?

The bit about Lambert failing to galvanise a win is frankly laughable, factually correct it may be but bloody ridiculous.

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:29 pm

My opinion based on evidence, cant help it if the mods ( frosted glass see,ers) dont agree with my opinion.
Its also good that this is a forum where opinions can be made to create debate after all its what this website was set up for 😊
And i happen to like mr bumble

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 pm

You have no evidence, you didnt see the game , what about if i give you a different account, who do you believe? Clearly I know the answer to that.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Some little learning disability lad told me we played like Barcelona and will probably still make the play offs this year then qualify for Europe next year..... I wasn’t there but heard this first hand so guess it must be true? I

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm

On a serious note...

The second you said said ‘as soon as we have a captain who leads by example’, implying Chambo doesn’t, you automatically nullified the rest of your post as it proved your a clueless muppet.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Oh and using the ‘thank god this is a forum where we can debate opinion’ card doesn’t justify you being a prat. p*ss off to the pink’un.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 pm

" our defence a shambles".....Not yesterday it wasn't. Bart didn't have a serious save to make for the whole game...I remember one header straight at him. Apart from the superb match saving tackle by Pendleton their forwards never seriously troubled our goal. Mr Reality...you're a joke.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Last 6 Preston games

2 Oct Aston Villa 3 – 3 Preston North End
6 Oct Preston North End 4 – 0 Wigan Athletic
20 Oct Hull City 1 – 1 Preston North End
24 Oct Preston North End 4 – 3 Brentford FC
27 Oct Preston North End 1 – 1 Rotherham United
3 Nov Ipswich Town 1-1 Preston North End

That’s not a poor Preston side, Mr R.

Mr Reality

Post by Mr Reality » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:05 am

Wow you place the bait and the fish will bite.
So to some im a norwich spy to wind people up on here and im a clueless muppet😂 insults, a sign of having lost the point
How sad that someone is using learning difficulties to justify their point and im the prat😂
Some are close to tears because i do not watsoever rate chambers as a capt of this club,
Then the stats comes up with prestons last few games 😂 it dont mean they are a good side it means they got a result or two and to be honest under brice we drew against villa 😂
How is the prawn sandwiches these days and portman road 😂

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 am

Please let's keep this civil.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 am

What do you want us to do, sit and talk about how sh*t we have been some games and assume that’s how we will carry on? How f**king negative.
Oh and guess what a majority of the ‘positive’ ones wanted MM out eventually, yes we wanted hurst out too, and yes we even admit that the football has been sh*te.
But when your a proper fan, one who follows the club home and away or who follows the team avidly on social media during match days (because you live far away), you hope things improve. You certainly done sit there trying to wind up other fans getting a kick from the negativity. Fact is towns poor form doesn’t actually hurt you like it does us.
You arm chair fans, those who probably find out the score a day late when watching the news or reading the paper (or in your case, from your brothers sons best mate) should use a messagbored where any misguided or bollocks opinion counts.
One positive to relegation, maybe ‘fans’ like you will p*ss off as Accrington and Bristol Rovers won’t be quite as appealing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:36 am

Frosty wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 am
Sorry mate, but no.

What' a f**king bellend. I remember this poster from years ago with his "bait" and "fish" BS, causing ripples throughout the forum.

The forum has recently got some really good new members posting. I personally don't want those people getting bored with the calculated words this person posts.

You've made me a mod mate, never had to use ANY of the powers that that brings in the year I've been mod........ But any more wind ups, and he's gone.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:39 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:36 am
Frosty wrote:
Sorry mate, but no.

What' a f**king bellend. I remember this poster from years ago with his "bait" and "fish" BS, causing ripples throughout the forum.

The forum has recently got some really good new members posting. I personally don't want those people getting bored with the calculated words this person posts.

You've made me a mod mate, never had to use ANY of the powers that that brings in the year I've been mod........ But any more wind ups, and he's gone.
Legend

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:26 am

I don’t think we’ve had anyone like this around since a fella called Phantom who used to post crap like this a few years ago. 🤭

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:44 am

I think it is quite reasonable to say that Mr Reality's mouth is too near his arse.

The only way to deal with him is to ignore him.

Don't let him feel good by riling you. he will be much angrier if no-one responds.

End of matter.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Frosty wrote:
Sorry mate, but no.

Have to say I completely agree with this

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm

marko69 wrote:
Frosty wrote:
Sorry mate, but no.

Think he was already gone when he joined

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:22 pm
Having got a full low down on yesterdys game from my bro and my son who went to the game, our level of football and players we would currently struggle in league 1.
Lambos come in and couldnt even galvinise a win against a very poor preston side.
We having reading next then brommy at home followed by another home game against bristol.
Im gone be realistic i can see a max of 1 point from those 3 games at best.
Our defence is a shamble and our strike force well second lowest scorers in the league bolton being the 1 less than us.
-14 goal difference is like saying we are 6 pts adrift.
Fans are saying we can strengthen in jan by then we may too far a drift.
Until we have a capt that leads by example, a midfield that can supply the strikers and strikers who can score goals from open play our demise may well sorted by jan and playing for our pride.
Is that really you in your avatar ? looks as if it posted by a 5 year old

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

id just ignore this whole topic to be honest, its a joke and a wind up clearly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Sorted.

It needed nipping in the bud.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Well I'm sure you know in this world that it's not always what you say, it's how you say. You've come on here to bawl out your opinions, I very much doubt you have come to listen and converse with others, have an interesting discussion and friendly interaction, which I imagine was the original remit of the forum, not outright debate like you suggest.

People on here aren't stupid, they've seen it all before. We've had the 'I told you so's', who should town go down will be here at the end of the season, somehow deriving some pleasure from relegation, yet will be nowhere to be seen should we stay up.

We've also had the 'I was a town fan before most of your parents had the accident' users too, and believe it or not, we have a lot of older supporters on here already who have seen all the good, bad and ugly sides of decades past and yet don't wallow in self pity and feel entitled, thinking town have the devine right to be at the top of the premier league.

I stopped here as have just refreshed and seen he's banned, what a crying shame! At least perhaps LnP can be loud and proud again, I was starting to think with his association, he was turning quiet n embarrassed!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh no! Is he banned? Genuinely sorry to hear that. Thought he could’ve maybe seen some sense and changed the tone when on THIS forum. Perhaps maybe taking the wind up pish to the TWTD place.

That bait / fish thing really gets on my tits.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:12 pm

I can see little to argue about in his original post except the comment about the captain.

He was civil until called a clueless muppet and told to f*ck off. Is it any wonder he reacted to that?

Then the usual ganging up starts.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Andy it’s good to see you making a rare post but I’m disappointed you choose to join in with something non football related. With your knowledge of all things Town, it’s a shame you chose not to make a valuable football related contribution, and prefer to get involved with controversy. I find this rather sad, and would much prefer to see you burying the past and moving on, if you can’t do this why oh why do you log on with such regularity just looking for an opportunity to criticise.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 pm

I said I agreed with some of the original post which Is, I think, football related.

It's often bugged me in football when someone is fouled and then gets booked for retaliation while the original offender gets away with it. I don't think that's too far removed from what's happened in this thread where someone is insulted and sworn at, and then he retaliates and becomes the bad guy.

You are well aware that I hardly ever post because of the insult and verbal abuse I received for putting forward my views, so I think it's unfair to say I only visit to criticise. If you would prefer me to leave, then ban me and close my account.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Wow - that all escalated quickly! Having read the initial post again, I can see that it could be read out of context and therefore be interpreted as very negative. I have to say however that i am not sure that is how it was intended (just my view) but nevertheless, its immaterial now as our friend here has been ex-communicated it seems!

So for me, Saturday was a vast inprovement on recent weeks. We look like a team again and have a few new options (ie Rowe and Roberts) to add to what is not an awful set of individuals - even if we have all seen better! We are 5 points adrift in a league where anyone can beat anyone on a given day - all with 30 games left to play. Why would we throw the towel in already? I for one am not that defeatist and I am sure our players and manager are not either! 2 weeks can change the whole complexion completely and we are still a long way from guaranteed relegation in my opinion. Yes, it will be tough and yes, we are in a scrap - but doomed? You must be joking! If we all went into things with that attitude in other aspects of our lives, we would be in a pretty sorry state. Onwards and up for the fight - thats my view and until its mathematically out of our hands (which at worst is still several months away), lets stop moaning and enjoy the '4 place' league we are in! Better that than mid table mediocrity yet again....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Can I just say that with all due respect this guy was banned previously many moons ago and with good reason by all accounts. It started exactly the same this time around and would have descended down the same path. It would be great to just move on from it without the need for further discussion.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 pm
I said I agreed with some of the original post which Is, I think, football related.

It's often bugged me in football when someone is fouled and then gets booked for retaliation while the original offender gets away with it. I don't think that's too far removed from what's happened in this thread where someone is insulted and sworn at, and then he retaliates and becomes the bad guy.

You are well aware that I hardly ever post because of the insult and verbal abuse I received for putting forward my views, so I think it's unfair to say I only visit to criticise. If you would prefer me to leave, then ban me and close my account.

If you look around a number of recent topics and posts made by a certain individual you will find a common antagonistic tone running throughout and clearly the guy was looking to provoke a reaction and wouldn’t have taken a rest until it happened. Clearly one of the Mods chose to nip it in the bud early to keep the peace on a forum which in the main is very civil and enjoys the benefit of a number of new posters who make valuable contributions.

Personally I have no desire to ban you Andy or to ask you to leave, but if you’ve decided you dont like the forum anymore and don’t want to contribute or add any value, I suggest you self regulate and extracte yourself from the forum, alternatively try taking off the victim hat, forgive, forget and move on.