NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

NOW FOR PROMOTION

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Who out of the current squad (Not loans)do you think would leave or be sold if we were relegated? For me it would be:

Bart
Knudson
Chambers
Ward
Dozzell
Huws
Adeyemi
Sears.
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Relegation

Post by Charnwood » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Too early for me to even start thinking about relegation yet Derek and whilst I’m far from confident about it I just have a feeling that Paul Lambert will keep us up. Even if he doesn’t I think our payroll will be affordable for one season in League 1 to attempt a back to back return to the Championship if the worst happens.

Ps, Who the hell are Huws and Adeyemi 😉...... are they still with us ?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:21 pm

It is a bit early your right, like you I think we will get out of it to. Maybe Huws and Adeyemi can come out the shadows earn there money and play apart.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I think Chambers and Skuse will still be here.

Knudsen is out of contract ... so he can walk away and he’s off the wage bill. We would need to get Bart of the wage bill.... he would go.

I think Edwards will provide interest some Championship clubs.... so he is likely to go. Dozzell would bring in funds.... so can see him leaving. I would hope Nydam, Downes and Lankester stay.
I think Spence and Sears are in their last season for contracts.... so likely to see them leave. Offload Ward, too.

Might as well be prepared. :)

Line up for first game in 2019/2020 season- League 1.

Gerken

Emmanuel Nsiala Chambers Kenlock

Downes Skuse Nydam

Rowe Harrison Roberts
Subs:
Wright
Lankester
Nolan
Jackson
Woolfenden
Donacien

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

You certainly put some thought into that Tang. :wink:

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm

No issue with you guys speculating on this one but for me, i will never go down that defeatist route. I have said several times, we are in a real problem situation but there are 4 teams above us with 'only' 5 points more than us and 29 games to go. I am not even close to writing us off yet. You can tell me i was wrong when it is mathematically impossible to stay up but having watched the game and the changes in the last 2 games, we are not going down. I would hate to work (or being ex forces - go into battle) with anyone taking that approach when there is all to play for!! Just my view and I think you are wasting your time thinking about this - still, if you want to go there, be my guests! 😁

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Wilf both myself and Charny's have stated we do expect to get out this at the beginning of the post. So we are not beng defeatist at all. The post was set up to see which player's would stay or go. If the worst case scenario happened. :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:45 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm
You certainly put some thought into that Tang. :wink:
Just a bit of fun. Lambert’s doing a great job so far.... we’ve really got a chance to stay up.

I’m not really looking further than January. Just stay in touch ... and bring in players who can help us stay up then.

Not a good situation... but every game & point is critical now. Certainly makes it more interesting... if not in the right way.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

I get it, Guys and am not criticising you. Any discussion is good when we have 2 weeks of international bullshit to suffer! I just don't want to go there - maybe i feel its a tempting fate thing on my part. This 2 weeks is bad enough without considering this - i would rather contemplate how we can find a Meite type striker (cos with him we would not be where we are today). Please go ahead and speculate away - i personally can't go there but am bored on a train to london so made the post about where my head is with our predicament!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:07 pm

I am kinda not wanting to go there either although it is interesting to see everyone's choices on who would go etc. For me having seen the last Two games and the rapid improvement, we will not be going down any time soon and that is without strengthening in January. Kiss of death.....

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Edward and Bart to be sold. Knudsen will go in Jan this years. Nobody else would be sold, the rest would be up to the manager.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Dozzell will go whatever happens.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 am

What is Lambert's status if we get relegated? Has anyone read the conditions of his contract, or is that confidential? Just curious...

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:54 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 am
What is Lambert's status if we get relegated? Has anyone read the conditions of his contract, or is that confidential? Just curious...
Unfortunately the General public wont be privy to the details within his contract. I would like to think he would stay, but if any club came in for him who were better placed than Town I expect he would be off like a shot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 am

Since when has anyone taken any notice of a football contract anyway

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:37 am

Agreed, a football contract means nothing.

I guess a team would have to offer compensation if Lambert is lured away. Would a manager of a relegated team be hot property for another Championship club?

I'd like to think there is some kind of plan between Evans and Lambert based on the strong possibility of relegation ie Lambert is committed to staying with the brief being an immediate promotion (easier said than done). It's irrelevant if we escape relegation. Still hoping.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:29 pm

You can answer this now.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:08 pm
Too early for me to even start thinking about relegation yet Derek and whilst I’m far from confident about it I just have a feeling that Paul Lambert will keep us up. Even if he doesn’t I think our payroll will be affordable for one season in League 1 to attempt a back to back return to the Championship if the worst happens.

Is it to early now?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:54 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Who out of the current squad (Not loans)do you think would leave or be sold if we were relegated? For me it would be:

Bart ( sell / he’ll jump ship)
Knudson ( he’s already on his way out)
Chambers. ( 1 year contract take it or leave it)
Ward ( release. Is in last year of contract)
Dozzell. ( Evans will sell and I think Dozzells will request transfer anyway)
Huws. ( f*ck him...... offload)
Adeyemi. ( as above)
Sears. ( sell )
I’ve put in ( ) my thoughts above !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:19 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Is it to early now?

Probably not Derek, gutted ☹️

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:01 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:54 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Bart ( sell / he’ll jump ship)
Knudson ( he’s already on his way out)
Chambers. ( 1 year contract take it or leave it)
Ward ( release. Is in last year of contract)
Dozzell. ( Evans will sell and I think Dozzells will request transfer anyway)
Huws. ( f*ck him...... offload)
Adeyemi. ( as above)
Sears. ( sell )
I’ve put in ( ) my thoughts above !

To be honest I don’t see much revenue for Mr Evans amongst that lot, even Dozzell in my opinion has done very little to increase his value.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:57 am

Andy, Dozzell looks a pale shadow of the player he was prior to injury. You just don’t notice him in the side now.

Now he’s either going to take another year to regain momentum, or he simply isn’t interested in staying the Club any longer I suspect it’s a bit of both. He’ll go in the summer. Probably to Spurs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Brighton supposedly sniffing around Dozzell

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Honestly can’t see him going there . But in many ways I don’t give a stuff !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:57 am
Andy, Dozzell looks a pale shadow of the player he was prior to injury. You just don’t notice him in the side now.

Now he’s either going to take another year to regain momentum, or he simply isn’t interested in staying the Club any longer I suspect it’s a bit of both. He’ll go in the summer. Probably to Spurs.

My main issue is that here we have another young talent likely to move on with f*ck all in return. Grrrrrr.

I’ll be amazed if we get more than £500k but hopefully loads of add on clauses.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 pm

talking about relegation I think the whole point of football is for it to be enjoyable, plenty of ups and downs along the way. Im not happy with where we are at and ive been enraged with some of our defending but the games have been much more watchable since Lambert took over. Do I want to get relegated? Absolutely not but if/when we do we need to change this club completely. All I want is to see my club compete and enjoy the days out/matches.

I don't want us to be in league 1 but if we do find ourselves competing for top 6 or even top 2 you will see a feel good factor coming back regardless of which league its in. You may even find our attendances will increase to more than they are now in a lower league if we are genuinely competing. I think Andy said about he remembers a team which won a lower league many years ago, I can see that as football is all about that winning feeling regardless of where it comes. I bet if you ask Southampton fans they would have loved winning the Johnstons paint trophy even though we all scoff at it as a crap competition. You don't really want to be in it but if you win it then it can be really good fun. I take the point that under current ownership/structure we may not even compete and that will be very disappointing but we have to have some belief. If the only thing holding this club together was one man (Mick) then that is not a good thing at al and it means this was all inevitable eventually. We were losing fans anyway I don't think I could have supported the old regime much longer. I am totally behind Lambert now and will be next season in League 1 with my season ticket regardless, the players and management (whoever the manager may be next season) will have my full support.

Personally I think Lambert will only consider staying here if he gets the backing he asks for to get us back at the first attempt, I fear he may not get that assurance but that's a discussion for another day, as a fanbase we have to stick together in this, to be fair I haven't heard the fans turn much considering our position, I think most acknowledge how we got here and realize that problems run deep. Its nice to hear Lambert challenging some things as well saying about how the contracts situation is ridiculous (weve heard that one before!).

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Great post Charlton. Nice to have a sensible outlook on the whole sorry situation.

Ive seen ups and downs at the club in my long time supporting the team - since 1974! Its not always been pretty, but I was lucky enough to see 1978, 1981 and all the good times under Sir Bobby, as well as the infamous 9-1 loss and the desperation of relegation that year. But good times come round again, and it may be that we get our new "good times" in league one next season. Who knows? Whatever, I will still support Ipswich and so will my suffering lads who have only ever known the Championship.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:27 pm

I think it is being underestimated just how far we are falling, League One will not be pleasurable or exciting, nor will it be a walk in the park, I think it will be a fair while before we challenge at the right end.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm

I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy Mike. But it will still be football, still be the club we love, and there will still be exciting times ahead. If we don't believe that then there is zero point following the club.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm

Guess if we go done the price of tickets will to,I can't be bothered to spend £30+ a game more than a couple of time a year atm.