A different view on Paul Hurst

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

A different view on Paul Hurst

Post by K L Blue » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:15 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/shrewsbury ... -1-5782884

seems to me, he likes to play both sides against the middle, but this is an eye opener to me.

Ohiotractorboy

Re: A different view on Paul Hurst

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Wow, that is serious airing of dirty laundry there. Hurst must have really pissed them off

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 pm

While it isn't great I Would suggest there are dozens and dozens of managers that have done the same, similar or even worse to get where they want to be, lets face it Paul Lambert hardly covered himself in glory with his exit from Norwich, it's not so very unusual.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Yup, little room for loyalty these days, especially considering the huge amounts of money to be lost/gained over such things and how quickly careers can be over. Can't blame him for it personally.

Didn't see him going back there anyway, would've been awkward as hell, even if they had parted on the best possible terms.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:47 pm

If that article is correct, there is no way PH can return to Shrewsbury.

Doing something on one's own doorstep comes to mind.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:48 pm

The main thing I’m not agreeing on was Caldwell said Hurst signed a contract and then immediately set about an exit strategy.

Did he? Or was it because the Ipswich job came up unexpectedly early and Evans got in touch with his agent.... and then the ball started rolling from there. If this happened weeks before he signed.... Hurst still got Shrewsbury to the play off final. Hurst was looking after himself.... that’s football unfortunately. It works the other way.... when Hurst gets sacked by Evans after sounding out Lambert and others when still in a job.
What if Hurst had turned us down... stayed with Shrewsbury and then got sacked by Caldwell just like his successor has. Football’s hardly reliable for job security.

The whole things pretty shady and makes Hurst look like a bit of a snake, but can’t help feel Caldwell’s making a meal of it. He’s got egg on his face because he’s now sacked a manager he chose... I think he’s still playing the victim card a bit too much and five months too late.