Question of the day chaps?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Frosty
Forum Owner

Question of the day chaps?

Post by Frosty » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Lambert keeps saying in his interviews we are playing well each match and the wins are just around the corner.

Are we actually playing any better than we were under Hurst as the results don't seem hugely different?

AylesburyBlue

Re: Question of the day chaps?

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Preston and reading much better. Since then I don’t think there’s been loads different, creating a couple more chances per game about it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes we are playing much better. Today was the first game where any team have really outplayed us in periods of the game.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:33 am

The games I have watched at PR we seem to be more fluent in the style a lot more attacking just wish we would shoot more often rather than pass .
Just annoying that we are conceding in EVERY game soft goals.
The whole of the defence is poor Chambo does not lead by example .
Forest scored 5 against a very good Villa side who this week beat boro away 3-0

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:55 pm

I think we are playing better, we definitely have some sort of plan which is already better than Hurst. The problem is more that the squad doesn't seem good enough to do it effectively.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 pm

I feel we are playing better generally, but the squad lack confidence. Any small error seems to end up in a goal and the guys are instantly beaten the second we concede a goal.

It’s understandable, and what we need is a slice of luck to get that first win. I honestly think with one win, a small amount of luck and the January window we can start getting results. Unfortunately, I still think it’s too late for us to save the drop.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:50 pm

Dave we are IMO playing much better, football. Some lovely passing interchange happens. But we are SO poor in defence, ( masked by McCarthys use of 8-9 defensive minded players in his teams), and we lack the guile / experience up front ( since Waghorn moved in), this is a recipe for relegation.

Hurst has well and truly stitched this Club up with his wholesale changes. Lambert can only work with Hurst squad until that window opens. Sadly I think it will be too late by then, as they gap will be into double figures.

I am mentally preparing for League One now, and I pray we keep hold of Lambert.

Evans has a lot to answer for IMo. This is totally his doing.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks for the answers folks, thats really encouraging considering he is trying to get the best out of a previous managers squad.

I really hope we get a positive result soon as it must be equally hard on Lambert to keep the players confidence up for each fixture with little reward to date.