Town for sale?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Town for sale?

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 am

I know there is now a report run by The Sun, that Evans is putting Club up for sale for £35m, and that he wants his £95m back as well. This has been immediately bounced out of court by ITFC, as complete rubbish. BUT, the name Godolphin ( Newmarket Stables owner, Mohammed_bin_Rashid_Al_Maktoum has been raised yet again today as the buyer.

What do people think of this? Just a load of old hogwash? Or no smoke without fire, and OMG “ I wish”?

He could certainly afford it and it definitely would be just small change from his “ little treat”, piggy bank.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Town for sale?

Post by TODD66 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

Got to take the club at their word on the article.

However if there is a grain of truth in it, yes please to Godolphin as you need an insane amount of disposable cash to make a sucessful go of a football club.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am

Evans in his on screen interview said he would seriously consider any offer if he felt it was in the best interests of the club however I don't believe him. I think if he were to sell up he would want much of his £95m which is completely unrealistic.

This club needs a new start under new ownership, im just not sure I see it. The club were quick to rubbish this, I wonder when we will hear from Evans again, what annoys me more than anything is that at a time when we have needed a leader he has been nowhere to be seen. I don't want him getting involved in the day to day stuff but I think he has needed to address the fans much more than he has, we deserve answers to questions, Milne just doesn't/cant do it

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

This is a non runner for me......worse luck

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 pm

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/965484560?-1060:818 I put this on the AGM post yesterday, for me this ends the debate.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

I agree its probably a non runner but you just never know, he may be putting the feelers out there, he may have thought it was a private conversation which has been disclosed by someone. But most likely just BS.

Its the hope that kills you

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:07 pm

That “news now” link is just quoting Mevans from his interview from the close season earlier in the year!!

Total BS, IMO.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Sky in on the rumoured “for sale”now....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... swich-town

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm
Sky in on the rumoured “for sale”now....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... swich-town
"sky sources" tend to get most things right as they don't announce things unless they have quite a lot of confidence in it. I think there is some truth in it but like I said earlier I think its more putting the feelers out and making it more known he "could" be interested to see what comes our way if anything but equally insisting locally its a non story as he probably doesn't want to rock the boat further.

How about taking Mike Ashley in once he's sold Newcastle LOL! Imagine that, think id just give up

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm

If MA bought Town that really would be the end of it.

I’m hoping ( praying) there’s some mileage in the Newmarket race owner thingy! ( crosses everything)!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm

I’d wager the Al Maktoum Newmarket thing is bollocks.

Yes, he’s got the feelers out because he is realising that it’ll never be financially rewarding regarding this ITFC business.
If you were a fly on the wall in his office, you’d hear,
“This club is heading for League 1 and I’m not putting any more than £10M towards it. If that. Media guy, take this down...... “I, Marcus Evans will sell for this cash draining piece of sh*t business for £35M.” Got that?
I’ll get the lawyers to add in a clause for the £95M I’m due should a horse racing rich Arab buy the place. Ok? Right. Email it to sky sports.”

He wants to abandon the sinking ship. He’s been clutching at straws in the football business since Roy Keane mammothly made him see how difficult it is after promising almost the stark opposite.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 pm

:astroll: I say no smoke without fire, it was rumoured some time ago that he was looking for a way out and selling up, With Al Maktoum The Newmarket based Racing Megatore, who has a vast substantial fortune, may well be interested, he might like to compete the Man City Arab consortium, he has the dosh to do it, I mean a £135 million is peanuts to him, so why not spread your empire into football like several other clubs have, its certainly not unrealistic, like most of you have said, anything to get shod of the ME empire, its run its course and cant afford to keep Ipswich Town FC as a play thing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

This is like when we were signing Batistuta and ended up with Adrian La Paz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 am

Excuse me, are we all forgetting that most of this 95 million was bought for peanuts? No way that he will be expecting all of that back. A good offer is all that he will be expecting in my view.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:15 pm

With no stadium or land included in the purchase he’ll be lucky to sell it for £1 plus a percentage of the debt.

Rumour has it he purchased the £32m debt for 20p for ea £1 if debt and injected a further £12m making his investment circa £20m..

If he gets £20m back he’ll have done very well.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm

I just want Evans to leave

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

TBH, I don't care how many times the club refute the question, the fact remains there's no smoke without fire.

Evans has said if he can't take the club forward, he'd consider selling the club.
Well under his stewardship we've gone downhill rather rapidly, with a few seasons where we got lucky(IMO)
Evans is proving to me He can't/won't take the club forward, so its either a tax loss generator or he thought he's make a quick buck, get s in the premiership and then sell quickly.
He's now realised he can't get us there so he's looking to get back as much as he can, and then f*ck off.
I'm now really thinking what would have happened if Sullivan had taken over rather than Evans, at least he's got experience in managing a football club.

But hey ho Would Have/Could Have/Should Have

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:21 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm
But hey ho Would Have/Could Have/Should Have
Sounds more like a round of golf.....

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Back on track, here is a list of the wealthiest people in East Anglia with current owner Marcus Evans ranked 5th.

Does anyone realistically see a more suitable owner than ME, as I don’t which is a bit of a worry.

Richest people in East Anglia

■ 1: Kirsten Rausing - £10.848bn, up £1.188bn

■ 2: Jon Hunt - £1.4bn, up £40m

■ 3: The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family - £922m, up £32m

■ 4: Douw Steyn and family - £900m, up £50m

■ 5: Marcus Evans - £800m, up £35m

■ 6: David and Patricia Thompson - £730m, no change

■ 7: Mike Lynch - £469m, no change

■ 8: Mark Burnett and Roma Downey - £390m, no change

■ 9: Ray O’Rourke and family - £306m, no change

■ 10: Jonathan Milner - £300m, up £93m

■ 11: Paul Day and family - £295m, up £20m

■ 12: Edward Atkin and family - £267m, no change

■ 13=: Alfie Best - £250m, up £90m

■ 13=: Michael Gooch and family - £250m, no change

■ 15: Ewan Kirk - £225m, no change

■ 16: Bill, Tim and Pollyanna Gredley and family - £217m, up £23m

■ 17=: Graham Peacock - £200m, no change

■ 17=: Gordon Sanders and family - £200m, up £7m

■ 17=: Susan Tobbell - £200m, no change

■ 20: Andrew Hill and family - £193m, up £55m

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 am

All I know is Evans is a piece of sh*t. A disingenuous charlatan with little to no realistic ambition to rescue this club from the situation it's in. Lo and behold the club went off track around the time he came on board and has never stabilized itself to any such extent where we've been feasibly able to regain previous stature or become competitive once again.

Looking through those names in the above, doesn't anyone have a tangible interest in this club where they could possibly take over from that aforementioned reprobate and make the team proud again. I'm not motivated by money - far from it, it can never be the be all and end all - but for the sake of this club at least, some of the investment (if it) were to happen from (the) figures stated, could do a power of good with the right focus and ambition.

People in East Anglia with obscene amounts of money, a club in the vicinity desperately seeking a savior - of course it's not as straight forward as that but makes you wonder all the same.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 am

Whatever the situation now to suggest the club went off track the moment he got involved is pure nonsense. We were literally hours from having the lights switched off and going out of business, not years, months, weeks or evrn days, it was hours, while Evans may have f*cked it up since nobody can argue against the fact he saved us from going out of business, it was David Sheepshanks who found him at the 23rd hour, there was nobody else queing up to buy the club.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am

I only blame ME for one bad decision and that is employing that idiot Hurst.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 am

Hang on Dell Boy, what about the twonks Keane, and Jewell, were they not worse than Hurst ????, if Markus has any savvy left in his head, he will make sure PL gets the players in to save us next month, if he does not back PL with funds, then I'm afraid Mr Evans can sell up, and we can thank him for his contribution when we were so close to closing down, like Pompey did, but they have come back strong again under the fans management buy out, so lets get behind PL as I know he's good for us, COYB

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Mevans has learned the hard way regarding football. It’s why Sir Tom Farmer will never invest millions in Hibs, why Sheeran will never buy Ipswich, why Stephen Hendry doesn’t invest big in the Jambos, why Robbie Williams hasn’t made Port Vale big enough to compete with Stoke....... the arse has fell out of “soccer”. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.
Roy Keane promised......, Mevans saw Sky Tv pound Signs.

“Its a three year plan, Roy. Can you do it?”
“I’ll do it in one.”

And so the demise begins!

BUT, not to end on that note....... going back to the match report, ...... there is a positive air going around. It’s quite refreshing after the last year of pure negativity. It’s good. And it can be built on if the players believe in themselves, and in Lambo, and they can get that luck that’s missing.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 am

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 am
Hang on Dell Boy, what about the twonks Keane, and Jewell, were they not worse than Hurst ????, if Markus has any savvy left in his head, he will make sure PL gets the players in to save us next month, if he does not back PL with funds, then I'm afraid Mr Evans can sell up, and we can thank him for his contribution when we were so close to closing down, like Pompey did, but they have come back strong again under the fans management buy out, so lets get behind PL as I know he's good for us, COYB
Yeah true but fortunately they did not do the damage that knob Hurst has done.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 am
ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 am
Yeah true but fortunately they did not do the damage that knob Hurst has done.

TBH Derick, this club has been going down this road for a long time, Evans has Failed to turn the club around from its spirall towards Div1, yes he stopped us going out of buisness, but after 11 years of having Evans "we're f**king loaded" the messiah have we really gone forward, or have we just done enough to make sure we haven't been relegated? because we've been average, with a few good finishes thrown in. (IMO)

Yes there has been more restrictions on how much we can spend, and players do cost more, but lets face it who was the last signing we really got excited about?

After everything i've read about Lambert i do think he is the best person to take us forward, and he'll do it in the right way, He'll keep us up/get us back up, and then he'll totally rebuild the side, but this is really going to take time. But i digress

Evans is the only one who has really been the constant throughout, and IMO we might have survived, but we've never improved under any of the managers he's appointed.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Has Marcus Evans ever brought out - or intend to - an autobiography ? I'll bet it's a real page turner.

Last posts are ultimately going over old ground. You could name every appointment that came to pass since he took ownership (bar Lambert, it's too premature for judgments) and while the intentions may have been honorable, each and every one were arguably a substantial disappointment.

Stability, consistent in the sense of being average, but as for actual progress, it never really occurred. And all this through and beyond ten years now. Realize people don't like to acknowledge their "achievements" but you look at Norwich City as a prime example. They got ownership and higher authority that actually care where the team finds itself and strives to be. Present status would doubtless confirm any misleading.