Ipswich Town vs Derby County FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Anyone for the Win?

Town Win
20%
Derby Win
40%
Draw
40%

Total votes: 15

arana peligrosa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Derby County FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm

All right Lucy thanks for the update

Yes got it now it was a draw in the end. They scored right at the start, Nolan leveled it ten minutes into the second period. League says we're ten points off the relegation line, have to believe that really is it now, we're out of the top two leagues for the first time since don't know when.

Wait for the requisite match report from certain areas and ascertain more information as and when. TWTD should be a good read in due time.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 pm

lucy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:59 pm
saint jude wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm
Forgot we were involved today, didn't realize a game was underway. Keep it short, how are the team doing, a victory would be quite useful right now.
1st half - boring and nothing

2nd half - entertaining, great goal and decent attacking
I thought first half was good after fitst 5 mins. Second half we looked ok but tired, quaner was missed when comng off imo , he did well today

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm

saint jude wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm
All right Lucy thanks for the update

Yes got it now it was a draw in the end. They scored right at the start, Nolan leveled it ten minutes into the second period. League says we're ten points off the relegation line, have to believe that really is it now, we're out of the top two leagues for the first time since don't know when.

Wait for the requisite match report from certain areas and ascertain more information as and when. TWTD should be a good read in due time.
Well yes we lost 3-0 to norwich who are top of the league and now have drawn against derby who are unbeaten in 6 now. Both games town matched them, keep this workrate up against stoke and wigan and who knows. Maybe in 3 games time we might have a sniff??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 pm

I agree ITNO1, not quite resigned to it yet, myself.

If Ipswich can turn some of these performances into wins, it’ll all become very interesting. But the wins need to happen soon, because the Bolton’s and Readings are not lying down as the past two nights have proven.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Yes we lost a bit when Quaner went off for sure, same with Bishop. I thought the first half we were to conservative in our approach and of course gifting an early goal again didn't help, that came from a poor Bart kick which flew out for a throw in when it should have been down the pitch. I also thought after the break Judge got his delivery bang on the money and it made a hell of a difference. I thought the Two linked well up front, Bishop was again impressive, Chalobah solid and Pennington and Knudsen at the back stood firm, young Bree had a decent second half too. All in all we clearly had the better chances and should have won the game. Yes we are down but the fight back has already started.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 am

I read that McCarthy was at the game today. I wonder what he thought of the second half performance. There were only 3 of his players on the pitch for Ipswich. I’m beginning to realize relegation may be the first step to the rebirth of ITFC. It’s something many of us were prepared for...although it feels like a kick in the bollocks. I think we’ll be alright.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:59 am

Is this the future? Youth, no Chambers & Skuse and Town produce one of there best performances of the season. 2 up front Judge playing in his best position Town passed the ball very well. You could not tell who was bottom of the league based on that performance. It is a shame that PL wasted so many games playing 1 up front, it just does not work. I really fancy us to beat Stoke on Saturday as long as PL does not make a host of changes.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Yes playing a lone attacker is a no brainer given the situation the club is in. Each games requires a victory so what good's it going to be with one forward ? Still, that's the managers philosophy and there must be some means to it. To what end I don't know.

Tired again to supply game highlights but still no use. Is the Youtube function in operation here. Not to worry and doubtless enough have seen action from last night but frustrating all the same. Our problem seems to be we play competently often enough but only sporadically throughout each and every game time. This is a primary factor as to why the club is where it's at. Still resolute it will take more than one season to regain second league status when - not if - the club entails a relegation.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the game - enjoyed it more than any other home game for ages.

It threw up 2 or 3 things for me - first of all we MUST play 2 up front, especially with the personnel we have available.

Did we miss Skuse? No, not in the slightest. In fact I would say that playing the diamond our midfield looked more dynamic than it has looked all season. And Chalobah is the one to play at the base of a diamond, not Skuse.

Did we miss Chambers? I don't think so. Knudsen had his best game for us for ages, and I thought he and Pennington together looked a tighter combination than we have seen so far this season.

We're still going to be relegated, of course - and there is no guarantee of us coming straight back up again - looks like we will finish bottom so there will be 2 teams coming down with us that are technically better than us plus a few big clubs already in league 1, so I doubt we will even feature with the bookies to finish in a play-off position. But get rid of the old guard, play youth, and we may have a chance.