Lambert’s Babes - dawn of a new era

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert’s Babes - dawn of a new era

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am

I’m feeling so positive and excited about my Club now . I don’t actually care what happens for the remaining games because I’m feeling so positive about what we will be privy to next season under Paul Lambert and his Team.

It might take a couple of seasons in League One for our Academy kids - Lamberts Babes, to develop as a team. But it will happen. There will be departures of players that don’t fit with PL’s plans , and maybe a couple coming in to complete the squad. But by and large he will rebuild from within. Nash and Klug must be so proud / excited to see their hard work being taken on to the next level - Towns First Team.

It really does feel like we are on the cusp of a new era.

#Wewerecarefulwhatwewishedfor#PaulLambert

Steve and Jo

Re: Lambert’s Babes - dawn of a new era

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:55 pm

Have to say i'm far more encourage now than what i was last October.

Agree with Hallam here totally, think our club at last is in safe hands with people who care

Can honestly say its time to look forwards and not backwards. Really do have great feeling with Lambert, he really does seem to taken Ipswich to his heart.
Maybe he wants to prove those Yellow and Green lot wrong, i don't know, not sure really care for as long as this continues think we will all be in for a joyful ride.

Be lows of course but i think will be more highs. Have a good feeling about next season also, can't say that about this season.

Agree also on Nash and Klug, what a great job those two and their staff have done. Long may it continue

#wishingwehad#PaulLambertsooner#

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm

I feel the same Hallam! Most of us expected a downturn in order to accomplish the rebirth of ITFC. It's silly to be too critical of this season now...and to disparage Lambert doesn't make sense. He's driving a car with flat tires at the moment cuz Hurst slashed the team. I liked that he brought on El Mizouni...what a brave move at 1-1 to blood a youngster in the first team. If that doesn't give the lad confidence then nothing will. I can't see MM doing that. Lambert is beginning to give the youngsters more and more responsibility which is exactly what's needed leading up to next season. I'm really looking forward to next season. It'll be interesting to see how we develop, and as you say it may take a few seasons. It won't be long before MM and his turgid football and lack of respect for the fans will be forgotten.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm
I liked that he brought on El Mizouni...
Hopefully he doesn’t need El Houdini next season.

I want Lambo to succeed just as much as the next guy, but i’m personally not quite feeling the levels of positivity in this thread at the moment. Contemplating the third tier for the first time since before The Beatles and JFK are still mulling of Kintyre-ing around the heid!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Come on Marko, you coped with Hibs in a tinpot league a while back, they bounced back, we can do it.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Come on Marko, you coped with Hibs in a tinpot league a while back, they bounced back, we can do it.
A while back? Its scottish football, all tinpot leagues :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:00 pm

^ :lol: ^
Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Well......, the cabbage eventually regained status......., not sure about "bouncing" back though....... three seasons in that tin pottier of the tin pot leagues! One three week spell was Dumbarton (H) Alloa (A) Raith (H) ......., feckin rivetting stuff!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:18 pm

It's what the Loons could be facing next season 😂😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm
I feel the same Hallam! Most of us expected a downturn in order to accomplish the rebirth of ITFC. It's silly to be too critical of this season now...and to disparage Lambert doesn't make sense. He's driving a car with flat tires at the moment cuz Hurst slashed the team. I liked that he brought on El Mizouni...what a brave move at 1-1 to blood a youngster in the first team. If that doesn't give the lad confidence then nothing will. I can't see MM doing that. Lambert is beginning to give the youngsters more and more responsibility which is exactly what's needed leading up to next season. I'm really looking forward to next season. It'll be interesting to see how we develop, and as you say it may take a few seasons. It won't be long before MM and his turgid football and lack of respect for the fans will be forgotten.
Top post number9 . Love the analogies btw x :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:18 pm
It's what the Loons could be facing next season 😂😂
With top of the league (by a distance) Arbroath losing 2-0 to bottom of the league Stenhousemuir (at home) last weekend and effectively bursting everyones accumulators ------> anything is possible. 'Mon the Loons!

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:37 pm

I've been sceptical about the impact of PL to date but I have to acknowledge that there are signs of improvement in the last couple of weeks. His impact on relations with the fans cannot be doubted and the fans have voted with their feet by coming back in increasing numbers.

All of that is great, and bodes well for League 1 next season.

The niggling doubt that is still there in my head is that, at this time in the season, teams at the bottom of the league tend to pick up points while teams in mid table tend to have nothing to play for and teams in and around the playoffs tend to drop points with the pressure they are under. The truth is that, in spite of improved performances recently, we are further adrift at the bottom tonight than we have been at any time this season.

Is the recent improvement in form indicative of a Renaissance or is it a false dawn? I really don't know. The truth will out next season.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 am

The thread title would seem to draw comparison with the great Manchester United team of the 1950's. We're not quite on the same plateau you understand.

I'm with the last post on this issue. Was skeptical when Lambert was appointed and five months in that opinion hasn't really altered. Yes it's better than the horseshit before it but fact of the matter being we aren't winning enough games and the bottom place league position is a direct result of it.

Paul Lambert has 2 victories from 23 games here. Not attempting to instigate trouble but some will see an issue with that. So, we play with a bit more vigor and determination than his immediate predecessors but is that really saying much ? If you look through his resume and past employers Lambert has resigned his position or walked away on considerable occasion and perhaps importantly of all his wins to game ratio throughout his managerial career is hardly stellar.

Maybe I'm just pissed of with it all. Not being selfish but been with it long enough (here) to see a number of appointments come and go and they've all failed one way or another. Can't be excited about "doing well in League One with Lambert" also. Sorry, but we shouldn't be entering such territory to begin with. OK Hurst f*cked up big time but whether you want to agree of disagree Lambert has overseen the majority of this season thus far, been involved in enough games, and the results have still been largely unsatisfactory.

I don't want to be "doing well in League One", I'd rather the team were "doing well in the EPL" as that's where every club aspires to be. Said before it's probably the magnitude of the situation intruding on feelings. Norwich apart and the brief spell of success there, he seems a strictly average manager to some. You either speak out on issues or stick your head in your as*. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.