The Boy We Lost

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

The Boy We Lost

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:25 am

I think it is disgusting how the big clubs can just come along and rape and pillage other clubs at will scooping up all the talent for peanuts !!

http://dailycannon.com/2019/03/arsenal- ... -it-seems/

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: The Boy We Lost

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:53 am

Very irritating. It’s a total farce.

At that age, unless sell on clauses can exist for his entire career,(will never happen) then what is the feckin point of Klug and his academy?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Yes, it is disgraceful that there’s no regulations to stop this, especially since we did all the ground work in bringing him to England and setting him up.

Peanuts, though? For a 15 year old kid (who’s already a bit too keen to wear an Alice band) there’s a long way to go. If we get 750k or a million for a 15 or 16 year old kid... then it’s money in the bank. Dozzell’s years ahead and finds it tough to get game time in a rock-bottom Championship club. There’s so many who flatter at under 16, under 17, under 19 level and then end up being released.
Are there typically any sell-on clauses in these kinds of deals? If he does make it, that would soften the blow.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 pm

I get what you are saying but I still kinda think it was peanuts yes. Take Dozzell, prior to his injury he was being touted as a 10 Million target for the likes of Liverpool, of course we will never know if that was ever going to come to fruition but it has in the past and may well have done so with Flores, Ben Knight another one, good money some would think to get One Million for him but when Bryan Klug says at that age he is the best he has ever worked with that is some endorsement which leads me to believe One Million is again potentially laughable.