New Kits

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

New Kits

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/ip ... or-201920/

Love the new kits, proper rounded collar and a toned down logo improves it even further. Impressed.

AylesburyBlue

Re: New Kits

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 am

Love the new kits. My fave since the play off season. I just hope they are a matt finish and not glossy!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 am

Very nice kits.... and we haven’t even been demoted a star after last season.

I like the Home kit, but have to say I prefer the Away kit. For a lot of League 1 teams, this could be the closest to ever playing Barcelona.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:36 am

Nice, basic, traditional home shirt. They definitely have toned down the sponsor logo, but still a bit sh*t.

Quick to get those “EFL LEAGUE ONE” patches onto Chambos sleeves! Bstds!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 23, 2019 8:21 am

Are the 3 stars to show we are playing in the 3rd tier of English football?
Impressed with the home shirt but not so keen on the away one.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 23, 2019 8:42 am

I thought it was pretty common for clubs to put stars on their shirts to commemorate a title or cup win. I also thought there would be strict rules on being allowed to put stars on shirts . But there’s only 6 other English clubs according to Wikipedia who have them.
One of them, Yeovil, introduced 3 stars in 2017 to celebrate 15 consecutive years in the Football League, with each star representing five years. Takes a bit of the shine of when you read that. Would we get another for a Checkatrade Cup victory?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu May 23, 2019 10:32 am

tangfastic wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:42 am
I thought it was pretty common for clubs to put stars on their shirts to commemorate a title or cup win. I also thought there would be strict rules on being allowed to put stars on shirts . But there’s only 6 other English clubs according to Wikipedia who have them.
One of them, Yeovil, introduced 3 stars in 2017 to celebrate 15 consecutive years in the Football League, with each star representing five years. Takes a bit of the shine of when you read that. Would we get another for a Checkatrade Cup victory?
Could we add another for winning the Texaco Cup? Still remember celebratingthat at Carrow Road.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 pm

As Bart Is modeling the keeper shirt, hopefully that's a good sign

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 23, 2019 4:53 pm

As AylesburyBlue said, he's the only keeper we have under contract atm, unlike you I'm hoping it means nothing and he goes, Waghorn modelled some last season and then went a week or Two later.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Not sure why the cameraman asked Chambo to pose this way... but pre-season caption competition, perhaps?

Caption:
Chambo:
“I’ve done with the fist pump.... this is my new “Why the f*ck didn’t Bart save that one” pose.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Took a moment to realize all strips have three stars, was hard to determine due to color. The designs are all right, although still can't take to the Magical Vegas sh*t. Not even value for two pairs in Atlantic City. The third choice looks very much like Barcelona, not sure if that were the designers intention.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:54 pm

saint jude wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm
The third choice looks very much like Barcelona, not sure if that were the designers intention.
I think we adopted the design when RK was manager. I'm sure he told ME, I'll have them playing like Barcelona in no time!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Caption : thats how far away i was from the defender when he scored!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu May 23, 2019 7:22 pm

I meant striker but it could have been anyone in any position really!

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri May 24, 2019 11:09 am

K L Blue wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:52 pm
As Bart Is modeling the keeper shirt, hopefully that's a good sign
Waghorn did it last season and he left the club...?

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Much better, liking the logo alot

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:25 am

Anybody ordered one yet?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Nah, I just go to shop and buy one.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Not for me - i think the club missed a trick with fans a couple of seasons ago when they went from every other year to every year. I wrote to the fool that runs marketing and told him he had missed such an opportunity and he replied saying we were following the lead of others. All he needed was a wooly coat and to say baaaaa - especially at a time when many fans felt they were not getting value for money in any aspect of their interaction with the club. i am also a hater of magical vegas and all things associated so if i buy anything, it will be a retro shirt. The logo is simply awful, cheap and nasty - just like the brand name and regardless of any toning down that may have happened. Yes, i know - i am indeed a grumpy old git 😬

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm

My lads pre-ordered shirt arrived today. Nice looking shirt, no magical Vegas on his and cheaper than an adult shirt.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:28 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 pm
The logo is simply awful, cheap and nasty -
True story, Wilf. It’s horrific. Arguably the worst ever. But not arguably for me. It is indeed the worst ever.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 am

Arguably (the) worst sponsorship idea in Town history, (but) it's not so much the design. Years back we'd be advertising electrical goods, lawn fertilizer, a prominent brewer in East Anglia, (an) electricity supplier and so forth. At least they were of some use to people and ideas that could be implemented, but the current one's only going to appeal to gambling degenerates and those throwing money away to online companies only out for a buck.

Couldn't abide it really (the choice of sponsor) from day one but guess it's one of those one year in one year out things. Would I purchase one ? Hell No. Add to that the cost you'd imagine. How much do they retail now for anyway, what fifty or sixty pounds ? The irony of a sponsor that's out to screw people out of money would (therefore) appear somewhat suitable to the situation.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 am

And yet we have a thread on here promoting out betting activities every weekend, quality.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:21 am

I have no issue with people betting responsibly, Mike - But that doesnt mean to say that i don't still feel that the betting industry is seedy and not something i want my club to broadcast on the front of our shirts, thats all. If people want a bet, good luck to them (and i do it myself on occasion) but on a personal level, i have had to go to Vegas many times and compared to all of the other places I am fortunate to go to, it is a dreadful, plastic city - if i never go there again, it will be too soon so i certainly don't want to be reminded of it at football! Apologies for any offence to anyone who either actually likes Vegas or lives there - i personally hate the place...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 am

Wilf, don't misunderstand me, I wish we had a diffrent name on the front of the shirt and for what it's worth I don't like the logo we have although the toned down version this season is far far better and not too offensive to me. All I am saying is as a general rule when it is acceptable to us (myself included) we don't really bat an eyelid at the gambling thing so for me it is something and nothing. To put a log on our shirts we actually have to have someone wanting to sponsor us, we have no idea how far the net was cast in trying to secure this and maybe Magical Vegas was the only option, the club have not put it on the Kids shirts which for me says they are aware of any possible offence and have acted accordingly. As for Vegas itself, never been there myself and after reading your post never likely to... :D

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am

Haha - yes, sorry about that. I guess my application for the job at the Nevada state tourist office is not going to go far 😀

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 am

Yes, it is very good that the kids don’t get that horrific logo on their Ipswich tops. Lucky wee bstds! Same with Hibs kids without the Marathon Bet or previous alcohol logos. Logo-less football tops are very smart.

Unfortunately (for me possibly in this thread) I haven’t really got an issue with the promotion of gambling. I think it’s very unfortunate that gambling wrecks some people lives (some family members) but I think it’s the person themselves that creates the issue. Same with alcohol. It’s the individual. It’s a mindset. Gambling and alcohol are advertised all over the place and it’s still a small percentage of the population with problems, and they’d no doubt still have issues without the advertising.

My stance only, (and this isn’t directed at anyone on here) ..... but if I portrayed having an issue with gambling on this forum, I’d be my pet hate in life; a hypocrite. Because I enjoy gambling even though I’m sh*t at it.

But that logo......... agreed that it’s very slightly better toned down, but it still looks like it’s a sign over the door of a gay nightclub in an 80s movie.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 am

Agree completely Marko about it being down to the individual etc, you have to take responsibility in life for your own actions instead of this "I'll blame someone or something else for my issues " Right, I'm off down to Ladbrokes.....

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:12 am

I enjoy the odd bet too but know when to pack in for a while and give it a rest, usually after a run of losses or bad luck. I always go back but always manage to keep it well under control and limit losses.

Sadly I’ve seen a few bad cases where youngsters have got into deep sh*t, stolen from their employers or customers and ended up in prison. Likewise a few youngsters at the golf club I see constantly betting on their phones non stop and can’t be winning all the time. Non of them earn big money so it’s sad to see them chucking it away.

I have a young nephew who with his mates have all got into betting and none of them can really afford to lose a lot, it just seems we have a new generation of gamblers many sucked into it by incessant advertising making losing money look sexy and normal.

Although I’ve been lucky enough to have had some big wins over the years I hate to think how much I’ve lost if I added it all up.

My first ever memorable win was a 1 Shilling win bet on horse named Grandrew at 100/1 which returned £5 plus my stake money. At the time I earned £4pw. I guess that’s how you get hooked.

Back on Subject, love the shirt style but hate the ad.