Statement from Evans today .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:33 am

Frosty wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:37 am
So you think telling someone to actually f*ck off and go back to where they came from is ok Derick?

Let me clarify, Liz, Mach, Mike and yourself have probably clashed many times over the years, I actually don’t have an issue with that as long as it’s not completely out of hand. We are all adults for gods sake, and I really want to let threads run. But rightly or wrongly I felt that post is not what I want the forum to become.
Me and BlueMike are best buds. And i love Mach as well. :lol:

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:54 am

Ricco wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:26 am
No I agree but some are hell bent on it, come for me with bullshit and expect a response, that goes for anyone, in any case I see no nastiness at all attached to my posts.
Mike you don't need me to tell you that the fact certain members know they're going to be able to rile a response from you is one reason why they keep doing it! Nevertheless I do in a way admire your desire to stand up for yourself if that's the stance you wish to take!!

I'm not including Mach in that, he's clearly pissed off at the situation and isn't in it to wind anyone up. It's sad to see and maybe it's best for everyone to disengage from the too and from, it's not going anywhere and I don't want to see any names leave the forum over it.

As for the question you repeat Mike, alternatives, I don't pretend to have any, Evans is the owner, but there are alternative ways in which I think he can run the club that not only will bring more on field success, but also therefore financial, business success for him. I think he's got it horribly wrong over his time here and what gets at me is he's learning very slowly and now doesn't even have the desire to change. I don't think he's done much wrong in this window and I don't dislike the statement and am pleased he is trying to have a reasonable conversation (something this place is failing at!) with the fans. Without rereading and picking at things, I am surprised to see him mention 2-3 new players, A - I'd rather 1 or 2 of quality, I don't think we need quantity B - It doesn't really fit with how Lambert was acting C - I don't expect him to be able to deliver on this and D - it gives fans ammunition to complain should we not get those 2 or 3. Anyway that's nitpicking, this debate is moot and worn out, we'd all do better to move on.
Good post :)

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:58 am

I’m not sure the parties invested in this argument (not debate, not anymore) are going to be able to let it go. May be on of the rare occasions a few comments need removing.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20305
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:42 am

Wow, so anyone now who backs someone else's views is a brown nose as you put it ? Unless of course they are anti Evans ? That's different ?

Mach I remember a conversation with you a few years back now where you thanked me for "accepting " you as a Town fan, you felt as an outsider from Poland that wouldn't happen, I told you then anyone who supports Town is one of us and are equal to us , you felt really happy with this so to read your comments directed towards John really do let yourself down, I've had the pleasure to meet John and he is very much a Town fan, I would suggest you clearly haven't but even so to lay into him in this way doesn't put you in a good light I'm afraid.

I could go on and on with these ridiculous spats but ive told you where I am at now and that is we are done, sad but I will not be changing my stance. I would appreciate it if you'd stop using my name to enforce your arguments against others, just another cheap shot, I certainly dont need or expect anyone to fight my battles, quite capable but people are perfectly entitled to agree with my feelings and have every right to say so. I certainly dont want them being abused because of it either.
Mike when you pay attention to this Wolves has been posting recently it's all about backing you up and stirring things . Anyone will clearly read between the lines that he's been stirring. Moreover I don't like the way he's preaching to us over ITFC what is good, what is bad. Most importantly he says the things you want to hear that's why you've been sticking up for him.

That's nothing new though. You remember that I wasn't happy with his comments re our club couple of years back. You didn't mind these opinions as you were pleased with them.

I also remember your anger from last season over Simon Jordan's interview when you said he knew f**k all about our club. You said that because you weren't happy with Jordan's comments about Evans. So Jordan knowing 'nothing' about ITFC is an issue but Wolves' fan posting on here and preaching to us is never an issue despite knowing 'nothing' about ITFC, eh? It's all about you Mike. As long as you're pleased with opinions of others it is 'all fine'.

Cheap shots you say? What cheap shots? I haven't insulted you, I've only said what I see from the Wolves fan. What about your sniping at me yesterday then? It was worse. I have found that sniping unpleasant and told you so. Now you're making personal comments again that something doesn't put me in a good light. You're turning personal again. Won't be even answering that. Not interested in having a verbal squabble. One request though: stop making personal comments. You made them yesterday and you're making them again.

You've clarified your stance yesterday so why talking about that again? Your attitude towards me yesterday wasn't good and I didn't like that. Just because I have pointed out at few things/facts you didn't like. Pointed out at few football things/opinions that was my 'crime'. Time and time again, it is all fine when you're pleased with the opinions of others, if not then a poster puts himself/herself into the 'trouble'. You think that your opinion is most important, you think you have the best knowledge about ITFC, you think Ipswich Town is your domain just because this is your hometown club etc etc.

Again, you are preaching me over my post to the wolves fan. I can't remember you preaching to HallamBlue when she's been insulting me, telling me to shut my f**k up. Why is like that?

I myself have been involved in some nasty crap here lately. I have done nothing wrong. All of that just because I don't appreciate 'Santa Marcus' and hate the way the club is going under his guidance.
Where exactly did I insult you ? Apart from coming back at you with replies to your despot nonsense I have not insulted you at all. It was your initial posts calling people Evans lovers, happy clappers etc etc that started getting people's backs up. I had no part in the argument with Hallam which you instigated, in fact I told you to let it drop and still you went on and on, then it's the bile thrown at me but you're getting into such a rant I don't think you actually know what you are saying, then its G&B who was insulted so that's Three people you've insulted and yet you blame everyone else ? Narcissist I'm afraid. Let's agree to just never speak, that will suit me fine.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16473
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Regarding your “good post” to Ricco, Aylesbury, ..... I was literally going to suggest to everyone on this particular thread to read Riccos posts......, fairly middle of the road, well written and balanced stuff.

Put yer pants up Ricco..... there ain’t no bum licking here, boyo!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16473
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Let's agree to just never speak, that will suit me fine.
Could I just be mediator for two minutes....... please do not let that happen guys.

As frosty said regarding losing one of his best friends.....,
Life too short.

I’ll Add my own piece of news....... RIP Louise Watson (nee Wilson) ...... my 1st and 2nd year cooking partner in Home Ec. Died three weeks ago. Leukaemia. 😪😪😪

Seriously guys...... come on. I like the Mach and mike meetings at the football.

Going to put more effort into getting myself and son Scotty down to a Town game. Life really is too short.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1763
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Ricco » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Important and well put perspective there Marko, very sorry to hear. This football club is meant to unite, and has united Mach and Bluemike in the past (as well as countless others) and as we stand we have a 100% win record this season, we really shouldn't be at each other's throats yet, save that for January when it's cold, wet and we all have nothing better to do!

I'm only able to stay out of the majority of the squabbling (I think like Aylesbury Blue and a few others) because I can understand and empathise with both camp's point of view. I think it may be a sad fact of the modern world that you have to pick a side and move to an extreme in order to have a legitimate view and be heard, not sure why that's the case, but it seems like it is??

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:42 am

Wow, so anyone now who backs someone else's views is a brown nose as you put it ? Unless of course they are anti Evans ? That's different ?

Mach I remember a conversation with you a few years back now where you thanked me for "accepting " you as a Town fan, you felt as an outsider from Poland that wouldn't happen, I told you then anyone who supports Town is one of us and are equal to us , you felt really happy with this so to read your comments directed towards John really do let yourself down, I've had the pleasure to meet John and he is very much a Town fan, I would suggest you clearly haven't but even so to lay into him in this way doesn't put you in a good light I'm afraid.

I could go on and on with these ridiculous spats but ive told you where I am at now and that is we are done, sad but I will not be changing my stance. I would appreciate it if you'd stop using my name to enforce your arguments against others, just another cheap shot, I certainly dont need or expect anyone to fight my battles, quite capable but people are perfectly entitled to agree with my feelings and have every right to say so. I certainly dont want them being abused because of it either.
Mike when you pay attention to this Wolves has been posting recently it's all about backing you up and stirring things . Anyone will clearly read between the lines that he's been stirring. Moreover I don't like the way he's preaching to us over ITFC what is good, what is bad. Most importantly he says the things you want to hear that's why you've been sticking up for him.

That's nothing new though. You remember that I wasn't happy with his comments re our club couple of years back. You didn't mind these opinions as you were pleased with them.

I also remember your anger from last season over Simon Jordan's interview when you said he knew f**k all about our club. You said that because you weren't happy with Jordan's comments about Evans. So Jordan knowing 'nothing' about ITFC is an issue but Wolves' fan posting on here and preaching to us is never an issue despite knowing 'nothing' about ITFC, eh? It's all about you Mike. As long as you're pleased with opinions of others it is 'all fine'.

Cheap shots you say? What cheap shots? I haven't insulted you, I've only said what I see from the Wolves fan. What about your sniping at me yesterday then? It was worse. I have found that sniping unpleasant and told you so. Now you're making personal comments again that something doesn't put me in a good light. You're turning personal again. Won't be even answering that. Not interested in having a verbal squabble. One request though: stop making personal comments. You made them yesterday and you're making them again.

You've clarified your stance yesterday so why talking about that again? Your attitude towards me yesterday wasn't good and I didn't like that. Just because I have pointed out at few things/facts you didn't like. Pointed out at few football things/opinions that was my 'crime'. Time and time again, it is all fine when you're pleased with the opinions of others, if not then a poster puts himself/herself into the 'trouble'. You think that your opinion is most important, you think you have the best knowledge about ITFC, you think Ipswich Town is your domain just because this is your hometown club etc etc.

Again, you are preaching me over my post to the wolves fan. I can't remember you preaching to HallamBlue when she's been insulting me, telling me to shut my f**k up. Why is like that?

I myself have been involved in some nasty crap here lately. I have done nothing wrong. All of that just because I don't appreciate 'Santa Marcus' and hate the way the club is going under his guidance.
Where exactly did I insult you ? Apart from coming back at you with replies to your despot nonsense I have not insulted you at all. It was your initial posts calling people Evans lovers, happy clappers etc etc that started getting people's backs up. I had no part in the argument with Hallam which you instigated, in fact I told you to let it drop and still you went on and on, then it's the bile thrown at me but you're getting into such a rant I don't think you actually know what you are saying, then its G&B who was insulted so that's Three people you've insulted and yet you blame everyone else ? Narcissist I'm afraid. Let's agree to just never speak, that will suit me fine.
Once again you're just playing a victim and twisting things. I haven't said you insulted me beforehand. I've said you were unpleasant and sniping at me. If you dish out some crap expect to get this back. This is not your forum where you can do you want. This is the public one.

You started goading anti-Evans people in this thread and turned personal when you got some answers back. If you disagree read this thread again.

Me and my despot nonsense? You post a nonsense with which people have to deal with. But once again people are allowed to put their opinions. The problem is that it's you who can't deal with the others and that's been the case for years even on FJ forum. This is what I have said before it's all about you and sharing your views.

Now in this post you are actually insulting me by your accusations. You know how to twist the things. And to top this up you have a cheek to call me a narcissist whereas it's you who become unpleasant to those with different opinions.

All about you and your warped personal pride. You think it's you and your opinion that is most important. And who are you to knock me for my anti-Evans attitude? Nothing wrong for you with that, eh? As you've said we are absolutely done and I don't need you in my life. Don't ever ask me again how my life is, how I am etc etc. You've shown your true colours as a person. Fortunately ITFC isn't your domain, you may think it is and it wouldn't surprise me. It's my club same as yours and thousands of other people.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20305
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Lol great, we've reached an agreement that suits us both, I couldn't be happier. Take care.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 pm
Lol great, we've reached an agreement that suits us both, I couldn't be happier. Take care.
Likewise.

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Frosty » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Mach_Polish_Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:16 am
Frosty wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:37 am
So you think telling someone to actually f*ck off and go back to where they came from is ok Derick?

Let me clarify, Liz, Mach, Mike and yourself have probably clashed many times over the years, I actually don’t have an issue with that as long as it’s not completely out of hand. We are all adults for gods sake, and I really want to let threads run. But rightly or wrongly I felt that post is not what I want the forum to become.
Frosty all my 'crime' is because I'm anti-Evans and hate the way our club is regressing under him. It's a freedom of speech and I'm entitled to my opinion. But any anti-Evans visibly touches Bluemike's and HallamBlue's feelings. I've received some unpleasant comments from Mike and insults from HallamBlue. Do you imply they can say what they want and people with different views have to remain quiet?

Moreover please read that post again because I haven't told Wolves fan to f**k off. Please read it again. I've told him to 'go away'.

Actually Mach, I have a long memory and you have already inferred in the past that he shouldn’t be posting on here, so I don’t need to read your post again to know what you are implying.

You have been given freedom of speech, none of your posts have been edited as far as I am aware?

Whether it’s on here or TWTD you are allowed your opinions, and in my opinion you are never scared to get into strong debates with people so I am not going to moderate these arguments, although I sense you feel you are a victim on this occasion which I don’t buy in to.I did however object to your post regarding G&B.

Keep in mind in the past that we even let posters such as KennedysZimmerFrame (a devout budgie) post for quite a few months until he pissed enough people off that we had to put the wee Canary in a glass jar and close the lid. My anology being that anyone can post on here within reason regardless of whether they are a Town fan or not.

I personally agree with you that Evans tenure has been underwhelming, although I console myself with the fact that there are far worse owners that we could have had.

But back to the debate, I am interested in your view that Evans doesn’t care at all. The reason I challenge this is that although he has a multi million dollar business outside of ITFC, he is basically spending a lot of time at the club assuming the CEO role from what I can see. Is this really what an owner who has lost interest in the place would do?

Let’s face it if was that mercenary, he would just pull the pin on his investment, let the club go into administration, with the possible reality that there is no club anymore. He’s already lost a fortune he is probably never going to recover, so the fact he still seems engaged I deem a positive? I accept like most successful business people he will be driven by a bit of pride, ie doesn’t accept failure but I think there is more to his ownership than just that.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by rossi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:44 pm

I had to laugh at this thread - pretty much sums up what's wrong with the club as a whole.

I'm not naming names - there are 2 schools of thought on this subject, both with pros and cons, and adults really ought to be able to hold discussions without resorting to out and out personal insults.

That has not happened with this thread- and certain other recent threads too. Some people have gone over the top in their personal attacks and I'm surprised the mods have not been more public (if indeed any private warnings were issued).

2 months ago, I told a certain member of this forum that I would refrain from posting on this forum - but now I think why should I do that just to please them?

So I do intend to post from time to time, but will not be interacting in any way with certain members who I consider (rightly or wrongly) to be in a clique. Just my contribution to cutting down on the arguments :wink:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16473
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:45 pm

From memory, (which isn't great) ....., a few people thought Kennedys was Pants Storm arguing with himself! :lol:

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23991
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 pm

rossi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:44 pm
I had to laugh at this thread - pretty much sums up what's wrong with the club as a whole.

I'm not naming names - there are 2 schools of thought on this subject, both with pros and cons, and adults really ought to be able to hold discussions without resorting to out and out personal insults.

That has not happened with this thread- and certain other recent threads too. Some people have gone over the top in their personal attacks and I'm surprised the mods have not been more public (if indeed any private warnings were issued).

2 months ago, I told a certain member of this forum that I would refrain from posting on this forum - but now I think why should I do that just to please them?

So I do intend to post from time to time, but will not be interacting in any way with certain members who I consider (rightly or wrongly) to be in a clique. Just my contribution to cutting down on the arguments :wink:


Oh that's such a shame, just when things were settling down , you rear your head and post something just inflammatory enough to set it all off again.

But that was your intention wasn't it !

User avatar
AylesburyBlue
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:50 pm

rossi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:44 pm
I had to laugh at this thread - pretty much sums up what's wrong with the club as a whole.

I'm not naming names - there are 2 schools of thought on this subject, both with pros and cons, and adults really ought to be able to hold discussions without resorting to out and out personal insults.

That has not happened with this thread- and certain other recent threads too. Some people have gone over the top in their personal attacks and I'm surprised the mods have not been more public (if indeed any private warnings were issued).

2 months ago, I told a certain member of this forum that I would refrain from posting on this forum - but now I think why should I do that just to please them?

So I do intend to post from time to time, but will not be interacting in any way with certain members who I consider (rightly or wrongly) to be in a clique. Just my contribution to cutting down on the arguments :wink:
Intending to post on the Burton, Sunderland or Transfer thread? Maybe even comment on the actual intended topic of this thread? Or just intending to post when there is an argument with someone you like/ don’t like.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16473
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Masses of years ago before going self employed, worked for a building firm called McTaggert & Mickel. (Still a company today)......., we all shortened the name to Mac 'n' Mick.

Which leads B E Autifully onto Mach 'n' Mike. Hoping you guys can sort that out through private messaging.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 20305
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Never f**king happening mate, not in a Million years.

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 pm
rossi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:44 pm
I had to laugh at this thread - pretty much sums up what's wrong with the club as a whole.

I'm not naming names - there are 2 schools of thought on this subject, both with pros and cons, and adults really ought to be able to hold discussions without resorting to out and out personal insults.

That has not happened with this thread- and certain other recent threads too. Some people have gone over the top in their personal attacks and I'm surprised the mods have not been more public (if indeed any private warnings were issued).

2 months ago, I told a certain member of this forum that I would refrain from posting on this forum - but now I think why should I do that just to please them?

So I do intend to post from time to time, but will not be interacting in any way with certain members who I consider (rightly or wrongly) to be in a clique. Just my contribution to cutting down on the arguments :wink:


Oh that's such a shame, just when things were settling down , you rear your head and post something just inflammatory enough to set it all off again.

But that was your intention wasn't it !
Coming from you Hallam I find unbelievable. YOU are the worst for starting and carrying on threads just so you get you bitter point across. :roll:

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1763
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Ricco » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Image

User avatar
derick_ipsw
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:59 pm
Location: CHESTER

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Ricco wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:16 pm
Image
:lol:

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 16473
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by marko69 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Hope that’s not the favourite from the 2:45 at Chepstow? More bets lost.

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23991
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:14 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:22 pm
rossi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:44 pm
I had to laugh at this thread - pretty much sums up what's wrong with the club as a whole.

I'm not naming names - there are 2 schools of thought on this subject, both with pros and cons, and adults really ought to be able to hold discussions without resorting to out and out personal insults.

That has not happened with this thread- and certain other recent threads too. Some people have gone over the top in their personal attacks and I'm surprised the mods have not been more public (if indeed any private warnings were issued).

2 months ago, I told a certain member of this forum that I would refrain from posting on this forum - but now I think why should I do that just to please them?

So I do intend to post from time to time, but will not be interacting in any way with certain members who I consider (rightly or wrongly) to be in a clique. Just my contribution to cutting down on the arguments :wink:


Oh that's such a shame, just when things were settling down , you rear your head and post something just inflammatory enough to set it all off again.

But that was your intention wasn't it !
Coming from you Hallam I find unbelievable. YOU are the worst for starting and carrying on threads just so you get you bitter point across. :roll:


So posting a thread which ( hopefully starts a conversation) about things concerning ITFC is deemed trying to get a bitter point across is it? That’s unbelievable Derek. That has never been my intention. What’s wrong with posting something that has just been written in the local papers...ie Evans statement?.... or Dyer leaving? ....or the EADt article on the new financial restrictions Town have to abide by in League One?

What on earth is wrong with posting this “ information”????? I’m amazed at your response frankly.

It’s not my fault that a couple of individuals on here have taken to being so bloody aggressive. I’m not looking to point score. I was however hoping people would DISCUSS the issues which we as Town fans are all concerned with. It was meant to stimulate debate, not a bloody argument.

My mistake was to to dare to ask Mach why he was being so aggressive and so angry all the time, and what was wrong with him.

All Ive been subjected to from him is a tirade of abuse from him. So I guess that’s alright is it!

I notice you haven’t posted these comments to other posters on here who have been subjected to Mach’s and Rossi comments. Why is that ? You seem to have taken a dislike to me for some reason. I don’t believe I have abused you? I am informed by Mike, that you are an ok guy. Maybe your an okay guy to only certain posters?

I have no “ bitter point” to make in my contributions. They are either my opinion or view of things that I’ve read elsewhere and I’ve tried invite others views. But as usual, it appears to be one rule for one , and another for me!

Perhaps you should look back through the posts and re assess who is the aggressor, because I’m at a loss to see what I’ve posted that could be considered aggressive. Of course I will defend myself when abused. But it seems that I am ridiculed for doing so, yet others comments go unchallenged.

Longe4 post than intended so apologise for that. But I’m frankly gobsmacked by your accusations.

User avatar
Mach_Polish_Blue
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Frosty wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Actually Mach, I have a long memory and you have already inferred in the past that he shouldn’t be posting on here, so I don’t need to read your post again to know what you are implying.

You have been given freedom of speech, none of your posts have been edited as far as I am aware?

Whether it’s on here or TWTD you are allowed your opinions, and in my opinion you are never scared to get into strong debates with people so I am not going to moderate these arguments, although I sense you feel you are a victim on this occasion which I don’t buy in to.I did however object to your post regarding G&B.

Keep in mind in the past that we even let posters such as KennedysZimmerFrame (a devout budgie) post for quite a few months until he pissed enough people off that we had to put the wee Canary in a glass jar and close the lid. My anology being that anyone can post on here within reason regardless of whether they are a Town fan or not.

I personally agree with you that Evans tenure has been underwhelming, although I console myself with the fact that there are far worse owners that we could have had.

But back to the debate, I am interested in your view that Evans doesn’t care at all. The reason I challenge this is that although he has a multi million dollar business outside of ITFC, he is basically spending a lot of time at the club assuming the CEO role from what I can see. Is this really what an owner who has lost interest in the place would do?

Let’s face it if was that mercenary, he would just pull the pin on his investment, let the club go into administration, with the possible reality that there is no club anymore. He’s already lost a fortune he is probably never going to recover, so the fact he still seems engaged I deem a positive? I accept like most successful business people he will be driven by a bit of pride, ie doesn’t accept failure but I think there is more to his ownership than just that.
The fact is that you have reacted to my post towards G&B but you hadn't done so when I was insulted for my football opinions. Looks like there are the different rules for each individual here.

Please, I haven't said that Evans' tenure has been underwhelming. I've said he's been an utter disaster, a cancer of ITFC.

You've posted your opinion about him in this post. I can't say I agree with you but this is your opinion. You ask me some specific questions, mine is do we really want a further debate about him? What I can tell you that it's not only me who is angry about all things ITFC that resulted in landing up in the 3rd Division.
There was a post on TWTD last night. A poster said: ' I just want to say thank you Marcus Evans for your continued financial support'. That post got upvoted for more than 60 people. One of the answers that made me laugh was: 'OMG, we're a third tier team for the first time in six decades and you're saying "thank you, sir", along with 61 other forelock-tuggers to the person who's steered us here'.

A downbeat Paul Lambert and the way he was talking. That was very telling !

Fortunately it's not only me who detest Evans. The fanbase is divided. At least once every year recently we see the hollow statements and hollow words from him and pro-evans crew keep sucking it up while the club is regressing. A few hollow words and some people are easily pleased whereas he himself said nothing of note whatsoever. Same old guff to please some.

User avatar
hallamblue
Posts: 23991
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Do you mean this post ?

62 up voted ( agreed with) his post , whilst 8 ( disagreed ) downvoted it .

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/score/463475/0

Would this be an example of you trying to post something to make “a bitter point “? Something I’ve been accused of tonight . Problem is the voters agreed with that posters comment . You downvoted it ( which is fine , it’s your opinion) , but then you continue your moaning on here , but no one ( well me) is allowed to comment on it for fear of being accused of being bitter ! Priceless .

One rule for one and another rule for another isn’t Mach . It’s okay for you to have your say , but not me ( or certain other people it seems).


All of this effing aggro because I had the
“ audacity” to post a thread about Sunderland’s predicament and comment that it’s a sobering thought for Town!!

Just WTF was wrong with that ?????

Now I’m accused of bad mouthing you. I simply asked why you were so angry all the time , and why every post from you is so aggressive. Well I can take insults for only so long before I respond in kind.

So come on all of you who want to have another pop at me . I’ll respond in kind . The f**king gloves are off now . I’m sick of this shyte !

User avatar
Frosty
Forum Owner
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 am

Re: Statement from Evans today .....

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:13 am

This thread is going nowhere so it's best it's locked and we all move on.

Locked