Hull City AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we get any points from this one?

Hull Win
78%
Town Win
17%
Draw
6%

Total votes: 18

Kerry Blue

Re: Hull City AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:17 am

Lambert looked his normal happy self in the interview just as well we didn't lose, the one good thing the players seem not to be letting the unrest get to them they certainly put in a good shift as they should.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:58 am

After seeing last night, question....... is Kenlock in any way like Aaron Cresswell when @ the club?
Green shoots of several million quid?

Again, and apologies for keeping on saying it, but really can’t work out if it was Hull who were just crap, purely based on such negative feedback from Northampton and game previous to that. And so, is Kenlock shining today due to this fact. Obviously hoping he is indeed very good but keeps on showing THAT level of performance.
But oxford and now Hull ——>> very good performances so it definitely feels more positive.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 praying Herr Dortlamb doesn’t change it too drastically for the Doncaster game. Really wish Bennetts had been slightly better because I hate throwing kids on the scrapheap...... but I’m hoping he doesn’t start. Maybe 15 mins second half when 3-0 up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:25 pm

To be fair Marko I think the way we played and closed them down etc stopped them from being able to play, it was even remarked upon by the commentators who were Hull fans, for a change we seemed to get our game plan spot on last night, I think all too often we all tend to say the opposition were crap etc but sometimes, like last night it was maybe because of how well we got the basics right.

As for Kenlock, he has been a revelation since getting back into the team, he looks leaner, fitter, quicker, far more confident with the ball, is making forward runs, good passes as seen last night and in my view has been our best player over the last few games.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Last nights unexpected win and much improved performance couldn’t have come at a better time. With 8 games between now and the end of March this confidence booster could mean we go into these games in a far more positive state of mind which will significantly increase our chances of picking up valuable points.
Hull City are themselves in the midst of a poor run of form so we shouldn’t get too carried away, but it wasn’t just about the win it was how it was achieved and how well we defended.
Donny on Saturday and Accrington on Tuesday will give us a better indication if this improvement can be sustained, it would give the football club and fans a huge boost if it can, it would also keep us in touch with the teams immediately above us in the table.

At least eight games coming at the current rate we won’t don’t have to wait long to find out.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:25 pm
To be fair Marko I think the way we played and closed them down etc stopped them from being able to play, it was even remarked upon by the commentators who were Hull fans, for a change we seemed to get our game plan spot on last night, I think all too often we all tend to say the opposition were crap etc but sometimes, like last night it was maybe because of how well we got the basics right.

As for Kenlock, he has been a revelation since getting back into the team, he looks leaner, fitter, quicker, far more confident with the ball, is making forward runs, good passes as seen last night and in my view has been our best player over the last few games.
I’d agree with all that. The reason we w on was that for the first 20 minutes in particular we closed them down - defending from the front. Gave them no space.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:38 pm

The first ten minutes was like watching the local Primary 1’s. Ball was a hot tattie! Was thinking, “could’ve got a chinese with that tenner!”

I think what you’re saying was essentially the best part of the entire game. 🤷‍♂️ Ipswich were assured and rarely , if maybe twice, were in any danger at all.