Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 am

I agree Andy, I was very concerned last night as it looked for all the world that Elkan Baggott was going to Blackpool so not to sign another CB was daft, thankfully that didn't happen and I hope Baggott can now grow with us, he is definitely good enough. I also agree about another striker, we can score goals for fun at times so no need for more firepower.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 am
I agree Andy, I was very concerned last night as it looked for all the world that Elkan Baggott was going to Blackpool so not to sign another CB was daft, thankfully that didn't happen and I hope Baggott can now grow with us, he is definitely good enough. I also agree about another striker, we can score goals for fun at times so no need for more firepower.

After years of struggling to score goals and crying out for striker reinforcements whoever thought we’d see the day when we’d say, “no more strikers please” !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:56 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 am
Yep……., not to get all garden centre-ish , but “Grow-Bag” 👍👌

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:58 am

Mauswara wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:07 am
Has Cook got Chesterfield to gel yet?
Not sure about that guy, Mawz, but more importantly, has Jewell gelled yet?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:45 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:37 pm
EADT update:

AXEL TUANZEBE

The centre-back Ipswich have been in talks with today is... Axel Tuanzebe.

A player that Kieran McKenna worked with at Manchester United. He's a free agent having been released this summer. Has recently been on trial at Luton.

Deal doesn't have to be done before 11pm because he's unattached.

Would imagine discussions will continue over the international break once tomorrow's game with Cardiff is out the way

Don't know anything about him, but found this.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-27560743
Source EADT; (From report of the behind closed doors West Ham game).

It's not clear whether Town trialist Axel Tuanzebe featured for the Blues. The Daily Mail has today reported that the 25-year-old former Manchester United defender is in talks with La Liga side Real Betis

Hopefully just paper talk, but a slight concern none the less!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:41 am

I'd still prefer Baggott, this guy is a good player when fit but very much a bit of a maverick as far as I can tell.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:23 am

With his injury record I won’t be losing any sleep if Tuanzebe goes elsewhere. People keep saying he would be a great addition if fit but let’s face it if he was we wouldn’t even be in contention for his signature.
Going off topic a bit, I see Camara is injured again whilst on loan at Charlton.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:06 am

I said at the time that Camara was a joke of a signing, the guy is never fit and never will be, thank God we offloaded him and cut our losses.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:38 am

I’d steer well clear of him. “Back injury” at his age …. And for how long? Why’s it not responding to rehab? What’s the actual cause of his on going back injury (muscular, disc, facet joint)?

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:24 pm

It's really interesting the way K.Mc's running the tape measure over this guy. When was the last time this sort of thing happened?

Balint Bajner?

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:27 pm

It's really interesting the way K.Mc's running the tape measure over this guy.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:12 pm

Deal is done and he has signed a 1 year deal according to EADT

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:33 pm

Hopefully the contract is heavily based on playing time. Happy if so. Could be a good addition and KM knows him and what he can bring. Back in 2019 he was a key part of that villa side that got promoted. He played alongside Mings.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Apparently he's actually captained Man Utd a few times? Can that be right ?

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:56 pm

He has signed on 1 year deal with Town having a option of another year. Good squad player and better than Edmundson :D

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:16 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:56 pm
He has signed on 1 year deal with Town having a option of another year. Good squad player and better than Edmundson :D
In truth probably better than any central defenders we have, from what I read! Keeping injury free is the issue here. Thinking back to David McGoldrick (how he seemed to lead an almost injury free record at the Blades) wouldn't it be nice for once to get the best out of an injury cursed player!

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Tuanzebe has signed a 1 year deal.
with a 12 month option to extend it

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23778110.i ... -contract/

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:31 pm

Hope it works out for all parties. Question now is, whose place is he taking?

He Speaks very well :
https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/79fab8e9- ... 71d475498c
Last edited by hallamblue on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:05 pm

It sounds like they will bring along carefully so I expect it will be a few weeks before we see him play🤞we can keep him fit.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:33 pm

Finally a CB who looks the complete package .
Can play with left or right foot. Can header. Commands the box. Is Athletic. Can bring the ball out of defence. Good upper body strength and strong in the challenge.

Please just stay fit!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlHyz5RyfA

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:20 pm

Don't know who supposed to be viewing there, nothing came on.

It seems we have issues with defense. Last season we conceded fewest of all other teams in the League if correct and guessing the back four are essentially unchanged from before. It's an area of the field some don't always get to see or possess the knowledge as regulars but something doesn't seem to sit right now we're playing higher league. Can only assume one or two names have been, or are, being caught out at Championship level and replacements seem required.

Know nothing about the Tuanzebe boy we brought in other than he'll figure in a defensive position on a one year contract. McKenna's old club brought from so can see the reasoning behind it. Guess it'll pave the way for one or two exits from the club in that position. The manager knows what he's doing and can only aim to make us improved and better for the season ahead. Would assume further changes during time of continued or underway transfer activity.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:58 pm

I think signing Axel Tuanzebe is a canny move by McKenna and if we can get him fit and keep him fit it will be a brilliant move.

The “if” though is a risk and it could go either way as a player of his age shouldn’t really be grounded for most of a season with an injury like he has been and this could be ongoing and eventually cease his career. However he’s young enough and should be fit enough to come through it.

If he does he could make one of the CD positions his own and be ever present and if this happens he will be a brilliant signing.

In truth if it wasn’t for this injury baggage/risk we wouldn’t get anywhere near signing him, so with that in mind in my opinion the risk is worth taking but it could go either way. If it dies go tits up I’m sure we’ll have covered ourselves somewhere in the small print of the contract.

Hopefully it will work out for both the player and ggd football club.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:25 am

I think we’ll have to be patient with this one. I’d be pleasantly surprised to see him regain full fitness, but you never know.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:21 am

If he keeps fit and performs as well as he spoke in his interview we'll be on to a winner, he doesn't speak as I expected him to, comes across quite articulate and humble.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8B-PcY_GO4

Watch this one…. What a lovely young man he is ….I really hope it works out for him here.
And he is such a perfect fit for a McKenna player…

https://youtu.be/mEFaZf829jA

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:33 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:20 pm
Don't know who supposed to be viewing there, nothing came on.

It seems we have issues with defense. Last season we conceded fewest of all other teams in the League if correct and guessing the back four are essentially unchanged from before. It's an area of the field some don't always get to see or possess the knowledge as regulars but something doesn't seem to sit right now we're playing higher league. Can only assume one or two names have been, or are, being caught out at Championship level and replacements seem required.

Know nothing about the Tuanzebe boy we brought in other than he'll figure in a defensive position on a one year contract. McKenna's old club brought from so can see the reasoning behind it. Guess it'll pave the way for one or two exits from the club in that position. The manager knows what he's doing and can only aim to make us improved and better for the season ahead. Would assume further changes during time of continued or underway transfer activity.

Try this

https://youtu.be/gvlHyz5RyfA

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:45 am

Just watching some highlights of Tuanzebe. One thing that sticks out is how calm he appears. I hope he can pass on some of that mentality to our current CBs cuz we've all witnessed the 'key stone cops' in panic at times...that has resulted in conceding unnecessary goals. Also, his positioning is very productive. There are many examples of him blocking shots/crosses in the video.

He also distributes the ball very well.

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:45 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:27 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8B-PcY_GO4

Watch this one…. What a lovely young man he is ….I really hope it works out for him here.
And he is such a perfect fit for a McKenna player…

https://youtu.be/mEFaZf829jA
Wow. Thanks so much Hallam for sharing that. I had a little lump in throat and the end of it :shock:

What a grounded, well balanced young man. I really hope it works out for him here.....If he can stay fit and nail down a starting place I can see him becoming a fan favourite. His just seems the 'right' personality fit for our great club.

COYB

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks for the clips Liz.

This lad is a talent and I really hope this chance at ITFC works out for him and our club. He is such a nice young man, spoke well and clearly has a few more brain cells than some out there, he deserves success.

All the best Axel, and welcome.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:37 pm

I think Burgess needs to be on his Toes tbh cus the last Two home games he definitely found it tough at times.