Hibbies vs Villa !!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Hibbies vs Villa !!

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:18 am

Weyhey marko… what do you reckon to this then. Is it a home and away tie or just one venue? Rate Hibs chances? I’d love it if Hibs won tbh….

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Hibbies vs Villa !!

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:47 pm

Next Thursday, 24th August @ Easter Road, Hallam. Then 31st @ Villa Park.
There is one chance…… and that chance is called, “no chance”. Just hoping the lads can avoid humiliation. Still reminded of the Malmo 7-0 thrashing regularly with regards to Euro football, and with this particular opposition being English, it’ll be worse.

Villa played Newcastle @ St James and were hammered, (should've been 10-1) so not really much to judge them on as yet; will keep a close eye on them v The Toffees.

Hopefully Hibs are up to the huge challenge and its close. A win over the two legs is unthinkable really, but we can but dream. 💚

And for most of my buddies……. Hoping those Hearts bstds can defeat PAOK as well. Feel sick after saying that. 🤢

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Never say never marko. If Hibs are cast iron underdogs, the pressure is all on Villa. They just lost Mings to injury. So over confidence by them could be to your advantage.

I’m rooting for ya anyway :D 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Culloden all over again

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Yep, incredibly accurate. Prince William all over again 🤦‍♂️

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:24 pm
Never say never marko. If Hibs are cast iron underdogs, the pressure is all on Villa. They just lost Mings to injury. So over confidence by them could be to your advantage.

I’m rooting for ya anyway :D 👍
YES! 🤜🤛🤜🤛 KAM AN, THE CABBAGE! 💚

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:56 pm

Many of you may not know UEFA rules as you dont live in a city with two teams.

Both Hibs and Hearts playing tomorrow in the League Cup.
And both in the Euro conference. But both @ home in that comp. Cant have both playing sizeable euro ties on the same day.

So its Hibs first.,,.,. On Wednesday (@ 17:45) as Conference fixtures cannot be played when Champions League games are on.
So 20K Hibs fans need to negotiate Edinburgh rush hour traffic to get to Easter Road for an early kick-off. (Or be like me and always be early…… according to the Mrs)

Hertz bucket rakers……. Thursday, extra day off and 745pm KO.

Decision made because the jambo bstds finished higher in the league last season. :lol:
👍👏👏👏👏👏

Makes sense I suppose. :lol:

But……. A LOT of twisted faced Hibees over this. 👍👌

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:09 pm

Oh dear Marko, it’s 0-4 to Villa and we’re only at 60 mins !

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:30 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Watkins played for Brentford, right? Another example of a small club selling up and both parties benefiting. Of course, Marko is probably thinking Ollie is a complete wanker with a hatrick! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:44 pm

Not at all, 9. Villa should be pissed off it was only 5. Men v Boys……. £90M v £1.4M at KO.

They are saying Villa may play their youngsters at Villa Park next week…..,,. And their youngsters are £20M……. worth more than Hibernian FC. Its farcical……. The gulf in Scotland is just too huge. Villa never left 1st gear tonight.

Hopefully fat lee is more focussed on the Livingston game this weekend than Villa next week. Just let that go.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:49 pm

Alas you are so right my friend. It’s a bit like Ipswich playing ManShitty!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:25 pm

Culloden , was always gonna be unfortunately

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:11 pm

Hmmmm, bugger! Didn’t expect that result , sorry marko - here’s a big hug, and if I lived up your way I’d buy you a pint…. Ok, several!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:01 pm

Didn't wish to reply to this, they beat Everton out of sight in their last league game for one thing.

Right off the bat it were a surprising score. People whom automatically assume an English team will always prevail over a Scots one in European competition is thinking within the lines of bullshit and thought on the face of it, with a first event at Easter Road this would have been far more balanced going into a return fixture. Edinburgh versus Birmingham shouldn't be much of a contest : The Proclaimers can never be bigger than Duran Duran - however never envisaged such a margin of score by the finish. The return game needless to add, will be something academic.

Thought for a time this wouldn't have happened at Parkhead. No chance in hell they would have scored five in Glasgow - no EPL or anyone in Europe could or would have accomplished such a thing. Best guess, you travel to Birmingham for the second game and try to keep any aggregate score "respectable."

Perhaps playing Mel and Kim in goal for the return game would lend some fun to it or help reduce a further embarrassment.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:10 am

The tie is the same as Mel ——>> dead.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:47 am

Maybe put S Club Seven in goal,

Not sure what the S stands for :lol: :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:14 am

Massive improvement on Marshall.

Big day v Livi. Could be another manager on the rock n roll by 4:55pm (+12)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:06 pm

Actual headline tonight.....

Lee Johnson walks Hibs plank as seething punters tell him where to go after Livingston nightmare

:lol: He'll be asking directions tonight to some place called "f*ck" :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:18 pm

It were always going to be scooping water from the Titanic with a teaspoon for the return game with no Carpathia to save any as* although did well to keep them to 'only' a 3 - 0 win. Birmingham team get an 8 - 0 aggregate victory. By all account it could have been more but they kept the score respectable as thought for the second game.

Not only that, Scotland took a real rumping in Euro play today. Aberdeen crashed at home to some Nordic part-timers and lost convincingly and Heart of Midlothian were blown apart in Greece by four goals at Salonika. I seem to recall we did better against them in the UEFA Cup win with Sir Robson.

Add to that Rangers blitzed in Eindhoven last night, it's like God became a tartanphobe overnight and unleashed a fury against all things SPL. Can't recall one nation being hit so hard over the course of one round of games, adverse scores and eliminations et cetera.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:12 am

Bad couple of nights. Sevco, The Sheep, the fkwits & The Cabbage. Utter mince.

Very impressed with a buddy who got the scores correct……. 5-0 & 3-0……. But got the venues reversed. 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

Hibs can concentrate on relegation now. 👍👌