Ten Hag & Man Utd

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Ten Hag & Man Utd

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:00 am

One of my closest pals and current golf pairs partner is an avid Manchester United fan and ex season ticket holder during the Fergie years. He is absolutely appalled by the current situation at Old Trafford and in particular Ten Hags management and Bruno Fernandes poor leadership both on the pitch and in the dressing room.
For me the biggest difference between Liverpool and Manchester United is simply the manager, Klopp could sort ManU out, Ten Hag could destroy Liverpool. One manager is constantly introducing young talent into the squad whilst the other simply leaves them playing second team football or sends them out on loan and forgets about them, unless the situation becomes desperate.
At Liverpool if a player doesn’t put in a full shift he gets withdrawn, benched or dropped. At Man U it’s accepted, and as the saying goes, “expect what you accept” and that in my opinion is the current situation with players not putting in a full shift still keeping their place, Marcus Rashford being a classic example. I don’t know if anyone else has seen it but there was a video clip doing the rounds on social media showing the referee Michael Oliver running faster than Nan U’s midfield to keep up with play v Fulham on Saturday, it was hilarious.
Man U’s only hope is that new part owner Jim Ratcliffe, who I really rate as a business man with real interest in football, gets a grip and instigates a significant “Change Programme”. He certainly hasn’t self made £30Bn dodging difficult decisions, so watch this space for changes at Man Utd.

Anyway my Man golf mate is now watching ITFC every game except when we clash with Reds and Saturday he even switched over from Old Trafford to Portman Road. Worryingly he would prefer to see McKenna at Man U to Ten Hag as he believes the players had more respect for him than they do TH.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:33 am

According to Gary Neville “ Ratcliffe has 'already made' Ten Hag sack decision and Arteta would '100 per cent' replace him”

Let’s wait and see how close to the truth this is.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:33 am
According to Gary Neville “ Ratcliffe has 'already made' Ten Hag sack decision and Arteta would '100 per cent' replace him”

Let’s wait and see how close to the truth this is.
I can't see Arteta leaving Arsenal at the moment, but I would not be surprised if Ratcliffe et al are considering the options.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm

Arteta would be off his trolley to leave The Emirates for Old Trafford.
Dyed in the wool Gunners fan as well, he’ll want success @ Arsenal. Would be the biggest surprise ever (for me) if he goes to Manure.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:05 am

I can’t see him leaving Arsenal either Marko, for me he’s a perfect fit at The Emirates and could stay there longer than Arsène Wenger’s 22 years.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:22 am

5 goals for Erling Haaland last night 👏, that’s the same as Marcus Rashford’s tally all season so far.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:40 pm

These big clubs always do spin round at a higher level when recruiting managers usually don't they. McKenna wont go to any of the big 5 , just yet. It'll be an established mid table PL club...

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:59 pm

Little to no chance of McKenna going to any of the 'top five' , whoever the hell they might be but you instantly roll out names like MCFC, Tottenham, Chelsea : that level of thinking.

McKenna has really made a name for himself here in a relatively short space of time and won't have escaped attention of a number of leading club names in the EPL but you got to ask where can he feasibly be expected to go should or when he vacates position at Portman Road.

Hasn't quite accomplished enough or not enough years of actual managerial experience to really tempt the true heavyweights of the top league. They might show interest, it would be foolish to imagine they wouldn't, but guess logic dictates should or when a move to the EPL arises the manager would most likely be seen in place at one of the lesser names, i.e. one with a sense of history or accomplishment but nowhere near the grander scale of others mentioned.

Crystal Palace doesn't even cover the latter and for that reason alone you can erase once and for all the idea McKenna could ever be led there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:56 am

It's all relative to the era. I know you know that Saint because you rate a very young Sir Eck @ 3rd biggest club , Aberdeen. He done it there on a grand scale then repeated it tenfold at Manure.

Ipswich is Kieron's Aberdeen, in THIS modern era. I would not bet against him NOT being the next modern day Fergie at Manure.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:05 pm

Arsenal have scored 18 goals in their last 4 away games, the exact same number of goals as Manchester United have scored in all 14 of their away games played all season so far.