Game vs narwich

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Game vs narwich

Post by hallamblue » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 pm

Still on the Saturday but ko now 12.30pm

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Game vs narwich

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:14 am

How bloody annoying is that, it will now clash with my Christmas Golf Competition. ☹️..,. but of course footie wins so no golf for me.

I’ll just have to go to Leeds on 23rd and Portman Road on Boxing Day. 👍👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:36 am

f**king sky, I bet it would have been Sunday but for them, they really do p*ss me off

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:58 pm

The fact the game is going ahead on a Saturday now and not the usual Sunday, makes me think the Club have pushed for it to be on a Saturday and are willing to foot the policing bill. Another nail in Evans coffin in my book.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:41 pm

I think the club would much prefer a Saturday fixture to a Sunday game especially in December with all the extra seasonal games coming up over Christmas and New Year. I’d just gave preferred a 3pm or 5.30 kick off.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:51 pm

Don't give a sh*t if we face them on Neptune at 6am in the morning, so long as there is a contest you can take part it. This is our best chance of beating them for 10 or 12 years and I'm kind of eager to see it go ahead and with it, any expected victory.

Not sure when tickets go on general sale, read an article somewhere they're available some time ahead but they'll just be a stampede of purchases in little to no time with many missing out. Not everyone can attend Portman Road also, the fortunate few can count themselves real lucky to be witness or present to such a gala spectacle. On the Pink Un a few days back a number of City fans were honest enough to admit they won't win or get much from the contest. I think that's a fair evaluation but in the nature of these games, guess all things are possible and subject to change.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:20 am

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 pm
Still on the Saturday but ko now 12.30pm
Pub after instead of before to celebrate the win then!! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:19 am

Lol, yes , I’m hoping so, but I doubt you’d get in through the door in Ipswich, as the pubs before league games are heaving now… most of the town has fans in the hundreds drinking on the street outside the pubs. It’s amazing how the town has changed.