JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

herforder

Re: JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Post by herforder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:47 am

Something odd goin’ on at dear old B’burn! Duncan McGuire, an Orlando striker, en route to UK to sign for BR, for c.£2.5m. Whilst over the Atlantic message comes through that the deal’s off - due to financial constraints! Player reportedly now in discussions with Shef Wed…..

Can imagine how he was informed mid flight>

“This is your captain speaking. If there’s a Mr McGuire on board, a US footballer heading into Blackburn, you can stop munching those nibbles and re-route your onwards transport to Sheffield.” “Or take advantage of our current on board deal, and grab a parachute from one of our lovely cabin crew. Either way, you’ve had a lucky escape”! Enjoy the rest of your flight.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:50 am

LMAO, like that, you couldn't make it up, a toss up between Blackburn & Sheff Wed, Two shitholes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:55 am

Keiffer Moore could be on !

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ipswi ... ayer-race/

BOURNEMOUTH'S loan deal for Enes Unal could result in Kieffer Moore being allowed to leave the Vitality Stadium - but Ipswich Town are favourites to land the striker ahead of Sunderland.

Bournemouth have agreed a deal with Getafe to sign Unal on loan for the remainder of the season, with a view to a potential €16m permanent transfer in the summer.

The Turkey international is set to undergo a medical in Spain later this morning, and provided his transfer goes through, Moore will be allowed to leave despite Andoni Iraola's comments yesterday suggesting the Welsh forward would not be going anywhere this month.

Ipswich and Cardiff also held talks over Moore, and it is the former who are now the strong favourites to land the Wales international if he is allowed to leave the south coast.

Ipswich are understood to be offering a more lucrative financial package than Sunderland, and will hope that Moore can help get them over the line as they look to secure back-to-back promotions to the Premier League following last season's success in League One.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:56 am

haha - you can get a phone/internet signal if you fly with decent airlines, either via paying extra or seated in the more expensive sections.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:34 am

herforder wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:47 am
Something odd goin’ on at dear old B’burn! Duncan McGuire, an Orlando striker, en route to UK to sign for BR, for c.£2.5m. Whilst over the Atlantic message comes through that the deal’s off - due to financial constraints! Player reportedly now in discussions with Shef Wed…..

Can imagine how he was informed mid flight>

“This is your captain speaking. If there’s a Mr McGuire on board, a US footballer heading into Blackburn, you can stop munching those nibbles and re-route your onwards transport to Sheffield.” “Or take advantage of our current on board deal, and grab a parachute from one of our lovely cabin crew. Either way, you’ve had a lucky escape”! Enjoy the rest of your flight.”
:lol: 👍

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:36 am

Sky sports transfer centre 1h ago
17:32
Bournemouth agree loan for striker Unal
Latest from Sky Sports News' Mark McAdam:
Bournemouth have agreed a loan deal with Getafe for striker Enes Unal, subject to a medical.
The deal is an initial loan with an obligation to buy for £13.3m (€16.5m).
The 26-year-old is having his medical today in Madrid and this could be a significant move for them.
This does not mean Bournemouth are losing striker Dominic Solanke today, it means they are strengthening.
Unal’s arrival will now see Bournemouth striker Kieffer Moore heading out on loan with a number of championship clubs interested. Ipswich are currently at the front of the queue.
Let’s hope Moore signs soon .
Last edited by BLUEBLOOD on Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:36 am

I'd love to think the cancelled Blackburn deal was relying on funds from a Gallagher transfer, and we've pulled out because they've messed us around. Lovely stuff (so long as Moore is en route). Sadly I don't think the y ank looks very good, so we may have done them a favour if that was the case anyway :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:39 am

BLUEBLOOD wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:36 am
Bournemouth have agreed a loan deal with Getafe for striker Enes Unal, subject to a medical.
Let’s hope Moore signs soon .
Well there is this:

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/05 ... very-looms

And he's only played once this season, so lets hope that medical goes ok ey?!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:51 am

I think we will be getting Kieffer Moore…..

This is on sky as below

Sky are reporting Unal has agreed a deal to go to Bouremouth and that we are favourites

The deal is an initial loan with an obligation to buy for £13.3m (€16.5m).

The 26-year-old is having his medical today in Madrid and this could be a significant move for them.

This does not mean Bournemouth are losing striker Dominic Solanke today, it means they are strengthening.

Unal’s arrival will now see Bournemouth striker Kieffer Moore heading out on loan with a number of championship clubs interested. Ipswich are currently at the front of the queue.

Edit! Oops sorry BlueBlood , you’ve already posted that… nice one 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:55 am

Good article here on why transfer market is so slow…. Not that we need telling really …but anyway ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68144952

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:08 pm

Phil Ham’s comment here re Kieffer Moore coming to Town….

“think the momentum is definitely towards us, but club not counting any chickens until it's done. Looking at other alternatives just in case”…..

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:39 pm

Defender from newcastle utd now linked........

https://the72.co.uk/2024/02/01/ipswich- ... -mainstay/

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:56 pm

Weird one that, but I guess they're thinking what happens if Davis gets injured.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:02 pm

He's mainly a CB I believe but it appears Newcastle not keen.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:07 pm

Yeah, but centre backs are covered, especially when Burgess is back, and the Aussies have a tough game tomorrow. I'd only see them bring in a CB to improve the team, but I'm not sure Dummett is that. I can see a loan for fullback cover, but not sure we'll see any else, whether that's a good thing or not, it doesn't look like a priority.

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Landscape starting look a wee bit more hopeful…….but then it’s always the hope that kills you! Got to keep our collective nerve and trust MA to work the oracle.

Message to Kieffer: Just do it! You won’t regret it when you’re walking round the PR pitch sucking up the applause and adulation, having helped us back to PL. Beyond any money!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:15 pm

Bournemouth have agreed a loan deal with Ipswich for striker Kieffer Moore.

This is a straight loan and subject to Bournemouth signing Enes Unal, who is currently undergoing his medical in Madrid.

The deal for Moore includes bonuses should Ipswich get promoted.
11:53 AM · Feb 1, 2024

Just FYI, Unal has been out for over a year with an ACL injury, so no guarantee he'll come through that medical either.

Fingers crossed he passes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm

It has also been reported Ipswich will pay 75 per cent of Moore’s wages, with the deal a straight loan, with no option or obligation to turn it permanent in the summer.

The move is also contingent on Unal’s deal going through.

That's a lot of wedge.

shabba

Post by shabba » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:25 pm
It has also been reported Ipswich will pay 75 per cent of Moore’s wages, with the deal a straight loan, with no option or obligation to turn it permanent in the summer.

That's a lot of wedge.
I'm more than OK with that, he earns 25-40k but we need a striker and if there is no loan fee then to rent a proven striker at this level for that money is totally fine by me. Especially now we have a more long term prospect also signed in Al-Hamadi.
Almost better to loan, try before you buy!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
That's a lot of wedge.
It flipping isn't if it results in a £200m promotion to the Premier League!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:

That's a lot of wedge.

I was thinking the same Mike but if we get promoted it will be well worth it, had we spent £2 million on Gallagher on a three year contract I don't believe he would have been good enough for the premier so I believe the Moore deal is better.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:45 pm

I know its worth the risk, I just hope it doesn't cause any animosity with lower paid players in the squad.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:45 pm
I know its worth the risk, I just hope it doesn't cause any animosity with lower paid players in the squad.
I think they'll understand just fine Mike, if it were a permanent deal, then it may be a little different.

They signed the contract offered to them, this club helped them up in to the Championship, which would have improved their contracts too. If they keep performing, they will be rewarded again at next renewal, that's just life.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:06 pm

I'm sure the lower paid players are on bonuses for promotion too ;-)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:19 pm

From TWTD:

Town and AFC Bournemouth have agreed a loan deal for striker Kieffer Moore with the move to be confirmed if the Cherries confirm the addition of Getafe's Enes Űnal on loan.

Another striker has been the priority for the Blues on deadline day having already added Ali Al-Hamadi earlier in the week.

Sky Sports’ Mark McAdam was first to report that the deal is done, which TWTD understands is the case, once the Dorset club confirm the signing of Űnal. A medical is currently ongoing in Madrid. The deal is understood to include bonuses should Town win promotion.

The Blues appear to have fought off opposition from a number of other Championship clubs, including Sunderland and another of his former clubs Cardiff, to land the 31-year-old.

Moore was previously at Town from a year from January 2017 but made only 11 sub appearances without scoring.

Capped 39 times by Wales, scoring 12 times, Moore had been recruited from then-National League Forest Green Rovers for £25,000 having been on loan at Torquay, also a fifth tier side, prior to his move.

The 6ft 5in tall striker’s career really took off during a loan spell with Rotherham, then in League One, in the first half of 2017/18 - having impressed as a sub for Town against the Millers the previous season - and in the January moved on to Barnsley, also in League One, for £750,000.

Spells in the Championship with Wigan and Cardiff followed, as well as senior Wales caps, before Moore moved on to AFC Bournemouth for a fee which could ultimately rise to £5 million in January 2022 and helped the Cherries to promotion to the Premier League.

However, his opportunities have been limited over the last two seasons, the Torquay-born striker has made only 15 starts and 29 sub appearances for the Dorset side in total, scoring 10 goals, and it was always expected he would move on to a Championship side during this window.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:23 pm

When's this flipping medical going to be completed though? I'm sick of refreshing my browser, I'm wearing out my left mouse button.
Last edited by Ricco on Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:24 pm

Just imagine Davis crossing to Kieffer in penalty area - wham !

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:37 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:24 pm
Just imagine Davis crossing to Kieffer in penalty area - wham !
Or Johnson. Apparently that deal ain't over either...

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:47 pm

How long does a medical take?

“Right come in, and we’ll do a count……..that’s all good then, two of everything that should be there, one starting handle. So, say ah…….and now cough, finally p##s into this bottle. That’s it then, you’re A1. Now go tell Moore he can sign for Ipswich”😀

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:55 pm

Maybe he's still pissing ?