Championship - Ipswich Town vs Swansea City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A win to get back on track?

Ipswich Win
93%
Swansea Win
No votes
Draw
7%

Total votes: 15

Cabanas Blue

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Swansea City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:09 pm

The game should be over so many missed chances we need an early second half goal COYB.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:18 pm

3-1 Hirst Penalty

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:26 pm

Taylor having a good game showing why we bought him.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Middlesborough 1 Leicester 0 :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:24 pm
……come on Hibs and Ipswich, send home the Killie & Swans fans greetin' intae their overpriced bovrils.
👍👌

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:00 pm

3-2 5 minutes left
Last edited by lucy on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:00 pm

Middlesborough 1 Leicester 0 now a result

Win today we go joint top and only goal difference keeps us second. Just totally amazing to think be on 39 points this relatively early in the season

And now Swansea score. Why can't we see two goal leads out ?

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:01 pm

Just keep the ball, Slow the game down. Don't need to go for the 4th when 3-1 up. Just think about things more

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:04 pm

sh*t 3-2 hang on boys please

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:05 pm

At least we stopped that run without wining, suppose that's something. I got a 3 - 1 advantage with seconds remaining, can't throw it away now.

What the f*ck have they scored a second just seen a response above. Put down in PL we'd win by that exact score. Call for time now, end the damn thing..

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:06 pm

Oof that was closer than it need be.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:08 pm

We won and deservedly so, but come on. Don't need to keep chasing games when having two go lead that late in the game. goal difference could be huge thing at end of of season. Don't throw goals away by chasing

But we won and enjoying the ride.. Well done Town now enjoy the international break

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:10 pm

Steve wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:00 pm
Middlesborough 1 Leicester 0 now a result

Win today we go joint top and only goal difference keeps us second. Just totally amazing to think be on 39 points this relatively early in the season

And now Swansea score. Why can't we see two goal leads out ?
Amazing isn't it. Nearly enough points to guarantee we don't get relegated! :lol: :lol:
But seriously, none of us would have dreamed to get to that number of points before mid-November!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Got to take in a live game at Portman Road some time this season. Probably endure a cardiac but for entertain purposes alone, its something else.

Damn bizarre the results goals and scores that come from our home fixtures this season, can't recall anything like it in recent years.

No away loss since February or something, one defeat this season and scoring goals in every game. We'll make the top six by end of season, automatic promotion is perhaps too early or fanciful but you really got to admire our chances only three four months into this new season. Catch highlights and further game reaction when time permits it. Did say or predict we'd win this contest game. 3 - 2.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:33 pm

I love Ipswich but please stop putting us through that. I don't think my Heart can take it every Game 😅

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:24 pm

What a game that was, the most pleasing thing for me was that after a dodgy opening 15 mins we looked back to something like the real us, attacking with purpose, creating chances, a good Tempo, little triangles of passing and generally getting on top of our opponents.

It's fair to say we really should have gone in at the break far better off than 2-1, I can recall 3 or 4 good chances spurned, Chaplin, Hutchinson and Hirst all guilty when they should have done better.

Jack Taylor scored a screamer and aside from that I thought he was absolutely superb and fully deserving of the MOTM award, he literally didn't put a foot wrong or waste a single pass all game, he was exceptional and gives KM a real selection headache.

Quite how we keep getting these sh*te officials is beyond me but they were poor. Clarke was unlucky with the goal being disallowed although the guy next to me said there was definitely a foul in the box.

It was good to see Burns return as I think we've missed him, Broadhead really struggled at times and doesn't look fit to me, the 2 weeks will do him good, missed Williams too as he's far more solid than Clarke who Swansea targeted for much of the game, Hladky had his usual solid game with safe hands, couldn't be faulted for the goals.

I must add George Hirst was much better today despite missing a good chance first half, he made some excellent runs and worked their defenders really well, the goal, albeit a penalty, will do him the world of good.

Leicester losing is a massive bonus and we now sit joint top despite the disparity in squad strength and value. We keep defying the odds and if that was our blip we are laughing, maybe they don't have it wrapped up as many seem to think. All in all I'm loving this Saturday evening as I keep looking at the League table. West Brom here we come. COYB'S

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:55 pm

I can’t believe I missed today’s match albeit a big ocassion celebrating one of my very best friends 70th Birthday. It was so crazy that almost all the blokes there were avid footies fans following different games on their phones under the table thinking nobody else was noticing. The happiest of all were three following Sunderland and little ol me following Town sat next to a guy from South Wales.

COYB’s, I couldn’t have had a better day, but a win and three points absolutely made it. 🙏🤣👌👏 🍻🥂🍷🍺

shabba

Post by shabba » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:07 pm

I was going to comment but Mike has summed it up perfectly. Agree with all that.

Really needed a win today and we looked backed to ourselves again after that bad start.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:03 am

Crikey, having watched it again the chances missed in that first half was ridiculous, it wasn't a case of COULD have been Six, it SHOULD have been Six, some fantastic build up play, we carved them open again and again.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Thought we should have scored at least twenty.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:53 pm

Sounds like I missed a good game yesterday. Nice to hear that Taylor played well as I feel he could end up being a important player for us as the season goes on. Have my ticket for West Brom Saturday week just hope I will be able to use it.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:13 pm

We need a good striker and cb come January

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:21 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:13 pm
We need a good striker and cb come January
Not sure about a CB - Tuanzebe and Baggot are in my opinion already good enough and ought to be our CB pairing.

Striker is a different thing altogether - just imagine how many goals we would have scored yesterday with a striker of the calibre of crawford, Phillips, Mariner, Whymark, Johnson, Brazil etc etc. Nuff said.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:22 pm

Team's played 62 games since start of last season and scored 137 times. And we talk about getting in another forward player..

Kind of understand it though, some striking names just aren't working to potential and seem at times inefficient. We could go out and purchase / loan in, some other alternatives but somehow don't think scoring goals is an issue for the team. Guess it just depends which way you view it.

not only that it, were mentioned someplace we've scored in like 34 consecutive games. I mean thirty-four games FFS. It's remarkable whichever way you view it and carries a certain pride. This would never have occurred under Marcus Evans and his whole line of sh*t appointments. Take a moment to wonder how a club names in the depths of disarray and losing left and right, can then go to EPL contenders and one of the very best teams outside of the top league in the space of like 18 months / two years.

It's a turnaround you can't always comprehend but not always easy to look back on times that were so dark and devoid of hope and inspiration.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 pm

Three reasons why AP.....

Gamechanger/ Mark Ashton/ Kieran McKenna

An incredible combination