Leicester & Leeds games both on Sky so….

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Leicester & Leeds games both on Sky so….

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:28 pm

KO times now changed.
Leeds is 12.30pm
Leicester is 7.45pm

PITA and the price of success I guess.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... mes-on-sky

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Leicester & Leeds games both on Sky so….

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:33 am

I now f**king hate Sky Sports more than you Liz.

I’m visiting the UK for Christmas all arranged around me going to see the Leicester game at 3pm on Boxing Day and possibly the Leeds game too on the 23rd. Our family Boxing Day and visitors have been arranged solely around me getting back after the game to the East Midlands by 8pm. This involves a decent number of family members and now it's a complete f*ck up given I’d be leaving home now at say 4pm and back at circa 1am. Who the f*ck do they think has nothing better to do on a Boxing Day evening than watch football, Boxing Day is a family day. Even worse I’d promised to take my nephew to Portman Road for his first time as his Christmas present.

I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks. f*ck Sky you can stuff your product up your arse. I’m done with you. Rant over !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:28 am

Been trying to tell you for years, they are a bunch of uncaring fuckwits who don't give a stuff about the attending fans, it's all about money and the armchair viewers, nevermind those who plan family, travel, hotels etc etc well in advance, there will be loads like you on this occasion Andy, its just not bloody good enough.

We've planned our Boxing day around the game, family meal arranged early etc etc, they p*ss me right off.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:41 am

It is indeed all about money.

This nonsense would never have happened under Marcus Evans.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:26 am

Am sooo cross about this as well. No respect for tradition - family or football related. Scumbags. Money grabbing scumbags.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:53 am

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:41 am
It is indeed all about money.

This nonsense would never have happened under Marcus Evans.
:lol: That tongue in cheek devils advocate play?! Nice 👍👌

Same though, Hallam, Charnwood & Mike. ——->> binned SKY & BTSport over 5 years ago now.

Never forget the conv myself and wife had the night i decided for sure to bin it all. And i remember the game vividly. (In fact the story is on this forum somewhere)

Wife: “Now are you sure you want to cancel?”
“Hmmm, 🤔, cant make my mind up.”
“You’ll miss Chesterfield playing Mansfield on Friday night. Apparently a real fiesty derby match?”
“Cancel it.”

Disclaimer: Wife over ever watches Morse or Midsomer or Vera and all that bollocks on council telly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:59 am

I doubt the players are overly happy either. By the way Marko, did Mansfield win ,? Hate Chesterfield.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:43 pm

Why do you hate Chesterfield Mike? Just curious :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:25 pm

I’d imagine Chesterfield won…….. because Cook wasn’t there yet!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:15 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:33 am

I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks. f*ck Sky you can stuff your product up your arse. I’m done with you. Rant over !

Lol , Andy, I feel your pain honestly I do. Sky don’t give a sh*t about fans and never have done in my opinion.

LizinSpain

Post by LizinSpain » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:08 pm

Charnwood wrote:

I’m visiting the UK for Christmas all arranged around me going to see the Leicester game at 3pm on Boxing Day and possibly the Leeds game too on the 23rd. Our family Boxing Day and visitors have been arranged solely around me getting back after the game to the East Midlands by 8pm. This involves a decent number of family members and now it's a complete f*ck up given I’d be leaving home now at say 4pm and back at circa 1am. Who the f*ck do they think has nothing better to do on a Boxing Day evening than watch football, Boxing Day is a family day. Even worse I’d promised to take my nephew to Portman Road for his first time as his Christmas present.

I'm not quite sure if you're p1ssed off or not. You really aren't making yourself clear!!! :wink:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:28 pm

LizinSpain wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:08 pm
Charnwood wrote:

I'm not quite sure if you're p1ssed off or not. You really aren't making yourself clear!!! :wink:

Who would believe I’ve always defended Sky given they’ve given me so much pleasure watch footie over the years. As a home fan it also never really bothered me too much particularly since retiring almost 20 years ago. But now finally I get it and see first hand how disruptive it is when you’ve made plans around the original kick off time and spent s lot of money in the process & Boxing Day of all days. Oooop’s you’ve nearly started me off again. ☹️

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:46 am

Should we get in the prem, any planning becomes impossible as you never know what day or time you are playing.
On the other hand, the chap who sits next to me was wire happy with the Boxing Day change, as he can have his family day before going to football in the evening. I’m even happier - flying back from Spain on Boxing Day v and would have missed it. Now I’ll be home in time. But I ate with all the above sentiments. I pay to watch Sky, but hate the way it dictates kick off times. I hate even more the way its money has ruined the game.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:18 pm

Hating it, and still doing it, is the problem. SKY couldnt give two fks if people hate it. They know people will keep on subscribing. Good on them for being able to rinse the masses.

People need to bin it.

But that’s no gonnae happen.

So, yep……. Its fkd. And season ticket holders who also pay for SKY will need to quit whinging about it. Cancel the subscription then moan all day long. 👍👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Thankfully I don't directly give sky a penny of my money so I'm gonna moan like f*ck all day long about those w*nkers

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:46 pm
Thankfully I don't directly give sky a penny of my money so I'm gonna moan like f*ck all day long about those w*nkers
And rightly so. If you're paying whatever it is for a season ticket at Portman Road and SKY are dictating the clubs kick-off times, could actually be a trading standards issue in all honesty. If Ipswich Town go up to the EPL, they'll need to put it in "HUGE" letters in the "SMALL" print, "kick-off times subject to regular change".
A lot of Ipswich fans plans will need to learn to be very flexible. Lets face it, it's a problem no fan has experienced because the club have been away from top football since Burley was in charge. TV has changed a lot since then.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:44 am

I think people need to get a proper perspective on Sky.

It's not just football they cover, it's many sports. So people (like myself) who subscribe to Sky Sports get access to many different live sports, not just football.

I agree that the money paid for the right to broadcast is ridiculous - but as part of that deal I think Sky have every right to determine the timing of certain events in order to fit their schedules and obtain maximum viewings.

At the end of the day, Sky is a business looking to maximise it's profit - nothing wrong with that. The real villains in this are the Premier League and the EFL - they could choose to award contracts to other broadcasters but that would no doubt be for less money and they let greed cloud their judgement - so it is they who let Sky dictate certain things such as kick-off times for live games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:57 am

I know what you are saying and many would agree but I still blame sky, they are the ones that sell their product to whoever is mental enough to pay the asking price, its a bit like blaming the little corner shop for selling cigarettes when for me it's the companies that make such stuff who are to blame.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:57 am
I know what you are saying and many would agree but I still blame sky, they are the ones that sell their product to whoever is mental enough to pay the asking price, its a bit like blaming the little corner shop for selling cigarettes when for me it's the companies that make such stuff who are to blame.
Oh I have my Sky subscription for a reason Mike - there is always something I want to watch, and it's helpful when the missus has worn me out the night before and then wants an early night the following night (all right darling, I'll be up as soon as this game is over - by which time she has fallen asleep :wink: )

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:02 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:34 pm

rossi wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:47 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:57 am
Oh I have my Sky subscription for a reason Mike - there is always something I want to watch, and it's helpful when the missus has worn me out the night before and then wants an early night the following night (all right darling, I'll be up as soon as this game is over - by which time she has fallen asleep :wink: )
Lmao I get what you are saying

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:01 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:02 pm
lol it's no fantasy - my missus is 20 years younger than me - I can thoroughly recommend it