New Ashton interview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

New Ashton interview

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:44 am

Re Stadium redevelopment and January window. Think there’s a podcast at bottom of article . This I’ve nicked from twtd post

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23922181.i ... firepower/

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: New Ashton interview

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:54 am

From that article,

Caption:

Kieron: “Well, i dunno. I think we’re doing ok, Mark.”
Mashton: “The Leeds game, Kieron? Huh? You think i’d forgotten the Leeds game? Jaysus H, man.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 am

Caption....

"Ffs Kieran, just what the hell is going on? Are you losing control ?

"Honestly Mark, it wasn't cocaine and alcohol, it was just helium and balloons, Brandon is a good lad"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:06 pm

^ :lol: ^

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:54 am
Kieron: “Well, i dunno. I think we’re doing ok, Mark.”
Mashton: “The Leeds game, Kieron? Huh? You think i’d forgotten the Leeds game? Jaysus H, man.”
Lol! Brilliant...

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:34 pm

Good interview, listened to it today.

Alot of the answers are fairly polished generic stuff which you’d expect from MA, and that’s fine.

Key take away Sare the long term plan of staying at Portman road and having the plan for the replacement Colbold stand drawn up. Funds for January are there - ie we have some headroom on the Financial fair play rules.

Great to hear more positive comments about the owners and the work being done in all areas of the club.

It’s just brilliant here at the moment.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:42 pm

Hearing that from Ashton convinces even more that McKenna is going nowhere anytime soon. He’s pivotal to what’s going on at this club (and that’s despite the high class infrastructure Ashton speaks of which Clubs come sniffing round to try and prize people away). Why would KMcK go to another club where he is told what he can and can’t do / have by an owner or CEO! At Ipswich it’s what HE wants that matters (on the field).

He’s staying for the long haul 👍

On the topic of the Cobbold Stand re-development, for some reason I’ve always felt this stand will end up being enormous, go back and up over the Portman Rd and encompass some kind of multi use centre which will go over the old cattle market car park. I love Ashtons description of the Ipswich Borough Council being fully invested partners in the project , considering they wouldn’t give Evans the time of day during his many attempts to buy Portman Rd. They had his card marked didn’t they!

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm

Yes I’d predict they would make it a big stand, then the current Robson hospitality suite into press and media areas and have a new hospitality area and boxes etc in the new stand. I’d think they would want to get closer to 40k capacity, naturally this will be a way off yet and require a couple of years in the Prem.

He also mentioned foreign signings and that’ll come with time.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 am

I just love this guys interviews, always so positive, informative and full of enthusiasm, nothing is hidden, he's very open. I said from day One he was gonna be the biggest signing we make and nothing has changed my mind, Ashton is driving this club forward at quite a pace, albeit controlled, very exciting times.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:25 am

shabba wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm
Yes I’d predict they would make it a big stand, then the current Robson hospitality suite into press and media areas and have a new hospitality area and boxes etc in the new stand. I’d think they would want to get closer to 40k capacity, naturally this will be a way off yet and require a couple of years in the Prem.

He also mentioned foreign signings and that’ll come with time.
He has a history with Bristol City of signing French players? So maybe we’re looking in that market. It’s about time we got back to doing this. Another Thyssen and Muhren would go amiss in this squad !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:15 am

tant que ce ne sont pas des escargots

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:33 am

No, they’re not snails but… c'est ta tête de poisson ^^^^ :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:42 am

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:54 pm

I'd say that's more Morsy before pre season, but I have too much respect for the man to mention it publicly...

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:55 am

Don't see what Ashton gets up to at the club maybe like some others. Last looked it were an appearance at Lincoln was it, leaping about like one of those giant locusts from Quatermass and the Pit but other than that seems to have kept himself quiet. Sure he's maybe done great work, been a success, for all we know he can turn straw into gold thread, but it's only what some fans can only read about, he's just appeared more low-profile of late than an initial first say ' bout of enthusiasm'

Were always skeptical when first coming over from Bristol, you could only hear negative review and warnings but truth be told (if) in a year or two from now we're either EPL or fighting high in the Championship League once again, McKenna is still coach and we're winning regular as often now and playing real exhibition "football" in the time ahead, will be one of the first to admit had the individual wrong, offer plaudits and recognition et cetera.