Championship - Ipswich Town vs Coventry City FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A Chance to go top?

Ipswich Win
93%
Coventry Win
No votes
Draw
7%

Total votes: 14

hallamblue

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Coventry City FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:56 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:53 pm
Great photo …if it comes out on here….

https://twitter.com/Stuart_Watson/statu ... -been-here

Think Watson might be meaning this little gem lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLgMRyRjVrI

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 am

I’ll be amazed if we see a better goal scored at Portman Road this season, and without it we’d have dropped two points.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:58 pm

One thing I did like on Sat, and have been asking for myself is the swap of Chaplin to Taylor as the game moved towards the end.

Having Morsy/Masimo/Taylor all on the field IMO is a smart move, Taylor would really suit that role and would add a little more solidness to the team and link up closer with the Midfield 2 who may be outnumbered by these later stages of games as teams 'go for it' a bit more against us, but he still offers a good goal threat.

I wouln't be suprised if we maybe saw him play vs Leeds away or other difficult away games, having those 3 there would maybe give us more control.
I love Chappers and he should start, but when we want to close a game out without going as drastic as a Dom Ball type move, then Taylor for Chappers is v smart. I'd even say the same for Humpreys as I feel he could play that role too, good in the tackle but an eye for goal and a pass etc.