Championship - Leeds United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bigger fixture than Norwich this season?

Leeds Win
53%
Ipswich Win
33%
Draw
13%

Total votes: 15

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Championship - Leeds United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:20 pm

225/1 for the Ipswich win......., few of you who were fkn certain..... go get a tenner on that sh*t.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:21 pm

I think if a few of our players could actually stand up and take a bloody tackle snd not keep falling over ( Burns/ Chaplin) and out midfield actually showed up we’d still be in this game.

Talk about 3 soft goals !!!

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:22 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:20 pm
225/1 for the Ipswich win......., few of you who were fkn certain..... go get a tenner on that sh*t.
So we still have a chance then Marko?

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:23 pm

To be honest..we are a mid table
It's best to get this over with and learn no matter what hammering we going to get ..Leicester will not want to meet us now as we will be all guns blazin on Tuesday night

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:25 pm

Physically we’re far too soft. Stand up to the challenges ffs!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:27 pm

We’re always vulnerable to conceding from corners as Hladky never comes for a cross and always stands rooted to his line, meanwhile our defenders tend to man mark and don’t follow the ball which can easily lead to the opposition having a free header as happened for the opening goal. Since then we’ve been on the back foot.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:27 pm

Defending we are sh*te, Attacking we are Sh*te, Midfield exactly the same, errors all over the pitch, Yes certainly freekick leading up to corner but come on they have to defend better than that. More contented to battle with Leeds players than reacting and defending. Second was not a whipped in cross, just a run of the mill ball in which town players totally made a meal of. 3rd goal for me was a pen.

Midfield got to get hold, sometimes playing the same way does get us caught out. Could be same Tuesday if playing this way. Teams know us, slight change to adapt maybe

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:28 pm

Absolutely awful today, second best everywhere, our defending has been putrid, we don't have a top defender at the club, Davis having an absolute mare, caught upfield continuously allowing James acres of space, then a soft OG and a penalty which was a correct call.

Tuanzebe no better than Woolfy on today's evidence, Clarke outmuscled too often and Burgess at fault for the second.

Up front has just been shocking, Burns and Broadhead anonymous and Hirst having one of his many f**king useless performances, get him off. Chaplin been our best player while Morsy and Luongo have battled hard against the odds.

I'd bring Hutchinson, Harness and Ladapo on at HT, nothing to lose but as it stands this could be 4 or 5 quite easily. Based purely on what I've seen today no way will we finish above Leeds.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:31 pm

What we’re watching is a very good Leeds reaction to dropping 5 points in their last two games. All we can hope for on Tuesday night is a similar reaction after dropping 5 points in our previous two games.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:33 pm

I though we would lose today but not like this I can't think of one Town player that's had a decent game so far it's very disappointing Gutted.😩

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:15 pm
Penalty???? You’re having a bloody laugh ref !!

Absolute fuvking JOKE of a ref .
Really? Have to disagree, sorry.

We'd have been screaming for a pen if that was at the other end!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm

Leeds are getting us in the break. They’re running past our midfield at great pace and our full backs are running backwards to try to keep up with them. We need to stop giving possession away one the edge of Leeds box when we’re committed up the park. It’s classic break football. Leeds are VERY quick IF given the space to do so. They’ve just beat us for pace and physicality. Nothing special at all in my book.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:37 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:15 pm
Penalty???? You’re having a bloody laugh ref !!

Absolute fuvking JOKE of a ref .
Really? Have to disagree, sorry.

We'd have been screaming for a pen if that was at the other end!
I thought Davis was in front of the Leeds player , yes contact but he didn’t make a tackle did he. Can’t you use your body anymore?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:39 pm

This is all a bit of a pain the arse. Leeds Lee, (the jambo) said it'd be the double......, Ipswich / Hibs to be "trounced" by Leeds / Hearts respectively. Its not feeling very good at this moment in time.

BUT......, refuse to say "they're sh*t"......., first to 50pts in the Champ history etc etc......, Leeds are just better today in front of what looks like 75,000 Leeds nutcases......, and the lads are having a seriously bad day at the office. Understatement.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:39 pm

Nearly 4, two more weak as p*ss f*ck ups from Hirst and Tuanzebe

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm

4 now the defense is crap.
Last edited by Cabanas Blue on Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm

That’s me done with this now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm

I'm sorry but Tuanzebe is f**king sh*te

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:44 pm

LIGHTS OUT!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm
Yep, FK THIS.

M&S for xmas food shop.

Tat ta fur noo

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I'm sorry but Tuanzebe is f**king sh*te
He certainly won’t be enjoying this but neither will a few others especially Burgess who gifted them possession leading up to the goal and also had to take some of the blame for the first.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:44 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Yep, FK THIS.

M&S for xmas food shop.

Tat ta fur noo
Whatever floats your boat. I’d rather watch this sh*t than go anywhere near M&S, I simply hate that shop and always have.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:50 pm

3 new defenders, a midfielder who can tackle and make a pass and a striker in January please Santa!

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:50 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:27 pm
We’re always vulnerable to conceding from corners as Hladky never comes for a cross and always stands rooted to his line, meanwhile our defenders tend to man mark and don’t follow the ball which can easily lead to the opposition having a free header as happened for the opening goal. Since then we’ve been on the back foot.
I said that a couple of weeks back. That’s his big weakness compared to Walton.

I’m not able to watch today but I will say this.
1. I think we started the season like promoted teams often do, on a high. We have still played well but less so I think for a while. Still enjoying it week by week.
2. Last season we were probably one of the better off clubs in league 1, if not THE best off. We are probably better off financially than most Championship clubs; but it’s no surprise that we are struggling to compete today (and I suspect on Boxing Day) with clubs width more money/experience etc/ bloody stupid parachute payments etc.
just seen it’s 4-0 now.
3. I remember dating years ago under Evans that I would take relegation to league 1 if it meant et would compete on a level footing. I still think I’d be happier in the championship than the prem, looking at how the promoted sides scrap for the occasional point. Football is so ruled/spoilt by money that I just want to see a team playing decent football at the level they can afford to compete. Preferably on a Saturday at 3 pm.
4. I see some of the comments here about referees. I don’t know how good or bad he is as I can’t watch. But it’s bloody hard not to be influenced by a large crowd making a huge noise. I confess I’ve even done it myself at local level when refereeing. It’s not intentional but you think @try are all shouting for it, it must have been a foul. “. They are paid peanuts compared to the players; let’s put the blame where it deserves.

Anyway, before you all hurl abuse my way, I’m not trying to start an argument. Just trying to be realistic.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Ah well.

Prezzie wrapping for me!

Might take a look at an episode of The Repair Shop for some light relief 😅

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:56 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:50 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:27 pm
I said that a couple of weeks back. That’s his big weakness compared to Walton.

I’m not able to watch today but I will say this.
1. I think we started the season like promoted teams often do, on a high. We have still played well but less so I think for a while. Still enjoying it week by week.
2. Last season we were probably one of the better off clubs in league 1, if not THE best off. We are probably better off financially than most Championship clubs; but it’s no surprise that we are struggling to compete today (and I suspect on Boxing Day) with clubs width more money/experience etc/ bloody stupid parachute payments etc.
just seen it’s 4-0 now.
3. I remember dating years ago under Evans that I would take relegation to league 1 if it meant et would compete on a level footing. I still think I’d be happier in the championship than the prem, looking at how the promoted sides scrap for the occasional point. Football is so ruled/spoilt by money that I just want to see a team playing decent football at the level they can afford to compete. Preferably on a Saturday at 3 pm.
4. I see some of the comments here about referees. I don’t know how good or bad he is as I can’t watch. But it’s bloody hard not to be influenced by a large crowd making a huge noise. I confess I’ve even done it myself at local level when refereeing. It’s not intentional but you think @try are all shouting for it, it must have been a foul. “. They are paid peanuts compared to the players; let’s put the blame where it deserves.

Anyway, before you all hurl abuse my way, I’m not trying to start an argument. Just trying to be realistic.
No argument from me with your comments Andym - the only comment I had an issue with was you calling me a 'fucktard' for wanting rid of the sh*t show that is the EU but thats a disagreement for another day! 😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:57 pm

Please let's not blame Hladky ffs, that's the least of our worries, he's done nothing wrong, there's 7 or 8 other goons out there today.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:59 pm

Morsy off before he gets booked

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:00 pm

Mike: Well you’re happy to blame Axel! What about the midfield in front of him or the attackers that can’t keep the bloody ball, or Clarke who’s constantly getting skinned?

4 subs… expect more Leeds goals now.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:02 pm

Clarke skinned AGAIN !!

PL men vs League One boys.