Championship - Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Finish 2023 with a win?

Town Win
92%
QPR Win
No votes
Draw
8%

Total votes: 12

hallamblue

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:22 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:14 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:12 pm
Just watched Alex Griffins "ITFC v QPR" match video. Seems like Ipswich lost the game. :shock: Thank the sweet mother o Jaysus VAR was not available. First half, QPR corner, ball comes over, hits far post......, Hanky punches ball and his punching fist lands well behind the goal line....., QPR forward run away celebrating. That MUST'VE been over the line. Wasn't mentioned on here. Only going by Hankys positioning ---->> all points to scooping the ball back out from goal. Huge rub of the green there.
Hate quoting myself, and normally I'd just go delete the above post......, but Lucy quoted it talking about Alex Griffin.

Since saw another very good angle. Ball was no where close to being over the line. And that'll be why it wasn't mentioned on here. A non event entirely.

But ......, it did get a mention for Alex Griffin. :lol:
Obviously me n Mike were behind the goal but above the cross bar level. Saw it very clearly and the ball hit the post and rebounded along the goal …. We were just waiting for a QPR player to push it over the line but no one appeared. Hldaky punched it with one fist ( from memory he was laying the ground on the line, but his punching arm was straight- all happened so quick tbh) . Anyway he punched it only a short distance and Woolfie hoofed it a bit further out… a QPR player was running away celebrating ( but no other QPR player was ). At no point did I feel it crossed the line or think , “sheeeet we got away with one there”!